Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

and points leader D.J. Kennington came home in the...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

and points leader D.J. Kennington came home in the fourth and fifth

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/15 10:13AM
Latest post: 2014/07/15 10:13AM, Views: 311, Posts: 1
and points leader D.J. Kennington came home in the fourth and fifth
#1   2014/07/15 10:13AM
wff0605
Each week, TSN.cas NFL Editor Justin Boone and Fantasy Editor Scott Cullen compare fantasy football rankings and provide justification for some of the more notable differences in their opinions. Joe Flacco (at Chargers) vs. Jake Locker (at Jaguars) Cullen (Flacco #16, Locker #23) - By no means am I excited about the prospects of Joe Flacco - hes been held under 170 yards passing in three of the last four games - but the Chargers pass defence allows 236 yards per game, ranking 19th in the league, and theyve allowed 19 passing touchdowns, which is tied for 25th. While the Ravens may not be utilizing the passing game as effectively as they did early in the season, as long as they have Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin on the outside, there will be an opportunity to take advantage should the Ravens decide to air it out. Certainly going against Jacksonville would figure to be a favourable matchup for Jake Locker, but (prior to the bye week) he was coming off a game in which he completed 9-of-21 passes for 122 yards against a Miami pass defence that has been subpar this year. Maybe Locker will be fully healthy now and ready to go to work on the Jaguars, but Id rather wait and see for another week, particularly when the Titans may just as well run Chris Johnson to pay dirt against the Jaguars, who have allowed 14 rushing touchdowns this season (only the Bills have allowed more). Boone (Locker #18, Flacco #20) - Prior to his injury, Locker threw for 378 yards and two touchdowns in an overtime win over the Lions. The mobile passer now has a full arsenal at his disposal with Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright and Jared Cook. The Jaguars have given up the 10th most fantasy points to quarterbacks this season, including 527 yards to Matt Schaub last week and Locker will be more than happy to take advantage of them. Johnson may get a big workload against Jacksonville, but that will only help propel the Titans offence into the red zone, giving Locker more opportunity to find the end zone. If you are a Ben Roethlisberger owner looking for help at quarterback, Locker is an excellent choice as a QB2 with definite QB1 upside this week. Flacco still hasnt lived up to the pre-season hype that suggested he may take the leap this year. The Ravens passer has taken advantage of bad secondaries like the Patriots, Browns (without Joe Haden), and Raiders, however aside from the game against Oakland, Flacco has struggled recently. In his last four outings Flacco has three games with 164 passing yards or less. He may have a big arm, but Flacco hasnt shown that he can be a consistent fantasy producer and because of that I dont trust him, even against the Chargers middle-of-the-pack pass defence. Frank Gore (at Saints) vs. Trent Richardson (vs. Steelers) Cullen (Gore #9, Richardson #11) - Gore has been consistently productive, ranking ninth among running backs in fantasy points, just behind Richardson who is eighth, but the matchup this week is much more in Gores favour. New Orleans has allowed a league-worst 157.8 rushing yards per game and the 49ers game plan ought to focus on the ground so that they can keep the ball away from Drew Brees and the Saints offence. Richardsons been on a roll lately, with more than 130 yards from scrimmage in each of the last three games, but facing the Steelers isnt an easy way to continue that streak. Pittsburgh has allowed 89.8 rushing yards per game, which ranks fourth in the league, so for all the injury issues that may plague the Steelers offence, their hard-hitting defence could make life difficult for Richardson this week. Boone (Richardson #8, Gore #11) - Playing in Cleveland doesnt help Richardson get recognized, but he has become an extremely dependable running back. In his last three games, Richardson has 322 rushing yards, 92 receiving yards and one touchdown. While you would like to see him find the end zone more often, he is used so frequently in the Browns offence that he doesnt need a touchdown to have a successful fantasy day. Against the Steelers I expect another game with 25-30 touches, as well as a trip to the end zone, as the Browns try to grind down the Steelers in Cleveland. Gore has a fantastic matchup on the road against the Saints defence this Sunday. However, with Colin Kaepernick set to start at quarterback, I dont see the 49ers feeling the need to lean on Gore as much as they have in the past. Kaepernick showed that he can move the ball downfield through the air, in addition to making plays with his legs. Gore will have a nice day, but will lose touches to backup Kendall Hunter and finish in the area of 15-19 carries. Gore will continue to be effective, but with Kaepernick breathing life into the passing attack, Gore wont be the focus of the 49ers gamelan. Hakeem Nicks (vs. Packers) vs. Denarius Moore (at Bengals) Cullen (Moore #18, Nicks #26) - This may be a reflection of my disdain for Nicks, who has at least been an accomplice to killing one of my fantasy teams this season, though given Eli Mannings woes, all of the blame cant be put on Nicks. Nevertheless, he has one touchdown all season and Week Tens 75 yards receiving against the Bengals was his second-best total of the season. Im skeptical that, facing Green Bay this week, the numbers will suddenly get better. Moore, on the other hand, is coming off his worst game of the season, one catch for nine yards and one rush for a five-yard loss, against New Orleans, but in the five weeks prior, he had 392 yards and four touchdowns. While the Raiders seem to be in free-fall the last three weeks, and that may continue against Cincinnati this week, odds are that Oakland will need to throw the ball in an effort to keep pace and Moore is Carson Palmers preferred target when he goes down the field. Boone (Nicks #18, Moore #22) - The Packers are allowing the ninth most fantasy points to wide receivers in 2012 and coming off a bye, Manning and Nicks will be back in sync. The Giants always get up for big games and this will be a huge meeting with playoff implications. Prior to their Week 11 bye, Nicks received 14 targets, catching nine of them for 75 yards. Finally healthy, Nicks will be a force once again down the stretch and the Packers will be the first victim. The Bengals have used their top corner Leon Hall to shadow opponents top receivers in the last few weeks with positive results. Hall will likely get the call to matchup with Moore and that is bad news for a player who had one catch for nine yards against the Saints secondary a week ago. Moore has had a good season and will finish the year with a solid stat line, but he wont add much on Sunday against the Bengals who are allowing the 26th most fantasy points to wideouts. Wholesale Jerseys . The veteran took it a step farther before Sundays kickoff. He predicted on his Twitter account the score by which the Giants would win. Cheap Jerseys . The 44-year-old Vancouver native has spent the past two seasons on D.C. Uniteds staff as an assistant coach. Onstad came out of retirement in 2011 to play in three matches for the club due to injuries at the goalkeeper position. http://www.chinacheapwholesal... . On the bench. Rollins was benched after a pair of baserunning blunders Thursday in Philadelphias 3-2 win over the New York Mets. [url=http://www.chinacheapwholesalenfljerseys.com/]Cheap Jerseys from china . and Annie Martin of Sherbrooke, Que. have been eliminated from the womens beach volleyball tournament at the London 2012 Games. Cheap Jerseys china . Arsenal has lost a string of top talent in recent years, including Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas. But Wednesdays announcement of new long-term contracts for five players comes after Arsenal rose to fifth in the English Premier League by beating Reading 5-2 on Monday following its worst start to a season since Arsene Wenger took charge in 1996.J.R. Fitzpatrick knew he was going to have his hands full keeping Andrew Ranger behind him on Saturdays final lap. Turns out, he didnt have to worry as a final lap caution allowed the Ayr, Ontario, driver of the No. 84 Equipment Express Chevrolet to sail across the finish line under a yellow-checkered to claim the NAPA AUTOPRO 100 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1. "My car was really good at the beginning. The tires were hot and we all were setting a pretty good pace, but after the first caution came I found out that it took a bit to build heat in the tires," Fitzpatrick said. "So, on that (last restart) I knew I wasnt going to have enough time to get my tires heated back up which caused me to do a little more mirror driving than Id like, but its what I had to do." Seven of Fitzpatricks eight series wins have come on road courses, including his 2009 victory at Montreal. He won the pole position in Fridays qualifying and led 22 of 23 laps Saturday. Ranger looked for opportunities throughout the race to make a move on Fitzpatrick. On Lap 14 took the chance and made it work, but unfortunately for Ranger the caution flag came out when Benoit Theetge was stopped in Turn 1 with the field bearing down on him. The lineup is set on the running order on the last completed green flag lap which returned Fitzpatrick to the race lead. A late-race caution set up a two-lap shootout to the finish for Fitzpatrick and Ranger as the two cars were aligned nose to tail. However, a multi-car wreck in Turn 14 after the leaders took the white flag, however, brought an end to the event. Looking for his fourth win in Montreal in front of the hometown crowd Ranger, out of nearby Roxton Pond, Que., was disappointed with the having thee race end under caution.dddddddddddd "Im really proud of how we did today. The car was good and my crew did a great job," said Ranger. "(Fitzpatrick) did a great job in front of me and limited my chances. I wish we could have raced for it at the end, but thats how it goes, I guess." Despite being the benefactor Fitzpatrick would have liked to see how things turned out had that final caution flag not been waved, as well. "Dont get me wrong, Ill take the win, but it would have been pretty exciting if we could have raced for it," he said. "I dont know if we would have won or even made it to the end. It would have been interesting," Per NASCAR rules, once the leader takes the white flag the field is frozen on any subsequent caution and the race is complete. Robin Buck, a road-course veteran coming off a fourth-place effort on Aug. 5 at Trois-Rivieres, Que., finished a season-best third behind the wheel of his No. 66 Quaker State Dodge. "The way the cautions fell today made it pretty difficult," said Buck. "I got held up a little at the beginning, but the equipment was strong at the end." Scott Steckly and points leader D.J. Kennington came home in the fourth and fifth positions, respectively. NASCAR Nationwide Series drivers Timmy Hill and Austin Dillon, both making their series debut to gain more experience on a road course, finished sixth and seventh, respectively. Trevor Seibert, rookie Xavier Coupal and Kerry Micks completed the top 10. Kennington continues to lead the points by 33 over Ranger. Fitzpatrick moved up a spot to third, two points behind Ranger. The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series returns to the track for the Wahta Springs 300 at Barrie (Ont.) Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 8. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes