Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

too. "Its not easy, it can be complicated, but thi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

too. "Its not easy, it can be complicated, but this

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/14 03:25AM
Latest post: 2014/07/14 03:25AM, Views: 288, Posts: 1
too. "Its not easy, it can be complicated, but this
#1   2014/07/14 03:25AM
wff0605
ST. LOUIS -- The Cardinals look for leadoff man Rafael Furcal to get on base. Hes also done a pretty good job of driving in runs from the top of the order. Furcal came through again Wednesday night, as his two-out, RBI single off Jamey Wright in the 12th innings gave the St. Louis Cardinals a 3-2 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers. The RBI was No. 42 for Furcal, tops in the National League for leadoff hitters. "It was something right there middle in," Furcal said of his game-winning hit. "I tried to get good contact." Lance Berkman, who left the lineup a day earlier with a bruised right knee after being hit by a pitch, drew a one-out walk as a pinch-hitter in the 12th from Wright (4-3). Matt Carpenter singled with two outs and Furcal drove home pinch-runner Joe Kelly . Kelly made things more difficult by falling down on Carpenters hit, forcing him to go back to second base. He was able to score without a play when Tony Gwynn, Jr., bobbled the ball in left field. "I saw the hit and I knew the outfielder was kind of deep," Kelly said. "I didnt take a good round and lost my footing. When I saw (Furcals) base hit, I just wanted to make sure to touch third." Fernando Salas (1-3) pitched two scoreless innings to pick up his first victory since July 9, 2011, against Arizona. Cardinals starter Kyle Lohse went seven innings and allowed two runs and seven hits with no walks and four strikeouts. He drove in a run with a sacrifice fly. "Salas did a terrific job," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. "You cant ask for anything more than that." The loss spoiled the otherwise successful Dodgers debut of Hanley Ramirez. Acquired in a trade earlier Wednesday with the Miami Marlins, Ramirez tripled on the first pitch he saw with his new team. The three-time All-Star infielder went 2-for-4 with a walk. He scored once and hit an RBI single in sixth that made it 2-all. "I feel comfortable," Ramirez said. "Great group of guys here; you just go out there and have fun. Im happy to be here." Aaron Harang was sharp for the Dodgers, giving up just two hits and two runs in 7 1-3 innings. Ramirez helped the Dodgers to a 1-0 lead in the second when he tripled off the wall in centre and scored on James Loney s sacrifice fly. After St. Louis grabbed a 2-1 lead on Lohses sacrifice fly in the fifth, Ramirez tied it with a two-out single in the sixth. Ramirez played third base, the spot he moved to with the Marlins to make room for new shortstop Jose Reyes .Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said he plans to put Ramirez at shortstop when the former NL batting champion is comfortable with the switch back to his old position. Mattingly was ejected by home plate umpire Jeff Kellogg for arguing balls and strikes while on the mound during a 10th-inning pitching change. The ejection was the fifth this season for Mattingly. NOTES: 3B David Freese had two hits for St. Louis. He is batting .565 (13-for-23) during an eight-game hitting streak. ... Dodgers starter Chris Capuano (10-5) can match his win total for 2011 with a victory Thursday. Hell have to reverse some history - he is winless in five career games at Busch Stadium (0-3, 7.04 ERA). ... Lohses quality start was the 20th in a row for the Cardinals. . Levante defender David Navarros elbow opened a gash above Ronaldos left eye that required treatment on the sideline before returning to the pitch. Ronaldo scored Madrids opener in the 21st minute but could not continue after halftime. [url=http://www.argentinasoccerteamshop.com/world-cup-ezequiel-lavezzi-argentina... Lavezzi Jersey . Voracek came to Philadelphia last season in the deal that sent forward Jeff Carter to Columbus and had a big debut season in the Eastern Conference. . Philip Humber (5-5) pitched six-plus innings and allowed four hits, including a homer to Mike Napoli in the fifth inning, and won for the third time in his last four starts. Eduardo Escobar had a pair of doubles and an RBI for the AL Central leaders, who won for a fifth straight time. [url=http://www.argentinasoccerteamshop.com/world-cup-lionel-messi-argentina-jer... World Cup Shirts . The Canadians insist theyre not paranoid, but recent revelations that teammate Olivier Jeans skate was sabotaged by a competitor has opened the uncomfortable possibility of tampering in their world. SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Alex Smith is supportive of Colin Kaepernicks success, even if the second-year pro takes Smiths starting job as 49ers quarterback. "If you cant be happy for your teammates success youre playing the wrong sport. Go play tennis or golf or something," Smith said Wednesday. "Thats ridiculous, I think. That doesnt belong in team sports, in my opinion. Its the quarterback position. It gets a lot of attention. Were going to get talked about." Smith plans to fight for his job once he is fully healthy, and he had yet to be medically cleared Wednesday after missing Monday nights 32-7 rout of the Bears recovering from a concussion. Yet coach Jim Harbaugh said that once Smith is available, the QB for the NFC West-leading Niners (7-2-1) could change week to week, and even during the course of a game. Harbaugh gave no indication when he would select his No. 1 for Sundays game at New Orleans (5-5). "People are probably drooling all over themselves because they have something to talk about," Harbaugh said. "Well let it play out. I wouldnt expect an announcement today or any timeline on that. Well get that to you." Harbaugh underwent a follow-up evaluation for his irregular heartbeat Tuesday and said, "believe weve got that one licked." He has quit chewing tobacco and given up the four or five Diet Cokes he was drinking daily after doctors encouraged him to improve his diet and decrease his caffeine intake. Harbaugh underwent a cardiovert procedure last Thursday. "Zero," he said of soda and dipping. "Cold turkey." He swears hes had no headaches as he moves off caffeine. But picking his quarterback for Sundays game at the Superdome very well could give him one. Smith completed 18 of 19 passes for 232 yards and three touchdowns without an interception in a Monday night win Oct. 29 at Arizona for a passer rating of 157.1. Smith then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. He even threw a touchdown pass with blurred vision six plays after taking the hit doctors believe caused his injury. Kaepernick went 16 for 23 for 243 yards, two touchdowns and an impressive passer rating of 133.1 in his first NFL start Monday against Chicago. The second-round draft pick out of Nevada in 2011 hardly seemed fazed by footballs big stage. He directed scoring drives on the Niners initial four possessions and completed 12 of his first 14 passes, with a 57-yard throw to Kyle Williams that set up Vernon Davis 3-yard TD on the next play. Harbaugh rated Kaepernicks debut start as "A-plus-plus." "Whatever coach says goes," running back Frank Gore said of who might be handing him the ball. "Weve got two great quarterbacks on the team. Were happy that weve got two good quarterbacks. Whoever coach names, thats who weve got to roll with. ... Im happy weve got two quarterbacks who can play and lead our team to victory.dddddddddddd Thats what you want." Smith said he and Kaepernick have spoken frequently in recent days, and both want whats best for the team moving forward. "Weve always been on each others side, weve always supported each other," Kaepernick said. "Were going to keep doing that." When asked if he has earned another start, he said that was up to Harbaugh. The New Orleans defence is preparing for both. The Saints were impressed by Kaepernicks prime-time performance, but also have painful memories of Smiths sensational night in a 36-32 victory against favoured New Orleans in the NFC divisional playoffs last January. "Theres not much of a difference between him and Alex Smith," Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins said. "Theyre both very athletic, they throw the ball. We saw Kaepernick has a big arm. He can make all the throws. And the offence ran the same with him. So we can prepare the same for both of them." Competing for his job is nothing new for the 28-year-old Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick. Smith took over as 49ers starter midway through 2009 and was entrenched as the No. 1 heading into 2010. After separating his non-throwing left shoulder at Carolina, former coach Mike Singletary turned to 2006 Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith for the next five games -- even after Alex Smith was healthy again. Troy Smith went 3-2, then it was Alex Smiths turn again for two games, including a commanding win over eventual 2010 West champion Seattle. After a flop at San Diego, Singletary turned back to Troy Smith for a must-win game with the Rams. That 25-17 loss cost the coach his job with one week to go. Jim Tomsula, serving a single-game stint as interim head coach, went with Alex Smith for a win against Arizona. Smith understands this is the way it goes in the NFL -- and in his case, year after year. "Yeah, Ive been in a few of these, you know?" Smith said. "And theyre all different. You know, I think the great thing is obviously the character of this locker room. Weve got great character in the quarterback room, too. "Its not easy, it can be complicated, but this is a good problem for the 49ers. Its a good problem for us as a team. Its not a bad thing." Notes: LB Aldon Smith was selected NFC Defensive Player of the Week, following fellow linebacker Patrick Willis honour earlier this season. Official scorers reviewed tape after Mondays win and gave him an additional half-sack for 5 1/2 of the six on Bears backup QB Jason Campbell. "I think I made a lot of plays out there. They got the numbers right," said Smith, the NFL sacks leader with 15. "I had fun." ... CB Chris Culliver, who played Monday night, wore a non-contact black jersey in practice as he nurses a shoulder injury. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes