Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

nches." NOTES: LHP Clayton Kershaw, the - Country ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

nches." NOTES: LHP Clayton Kershaw, the

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/14 03:20AM
Latest post: 2014/07/14 03:20AM, Views: 314, Posts: 1
nches." NOTES: LHP Clayton Kershaw, the
#1   2014/07/14 03:20AM
wff0605
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Minnesota Twins starter Scott Diamond was suspended six games by Major League Baseball on Friday for a pitch thrown near the head of Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton. Diamond, from Guelph, Ont., was immediately ejected after the left-handers pitch behind Hamiltons head in the third inning of Thursday nights game. The suspension and undisclosed fine were announced by Joe Garagiola Jr., senior vice-president of standards and on-field operations for MLB. Since Diamond is appealing the suspension, he remained on the Twins active roster. "The ball got away from me, it wasnt intentional," Diamond said after the Twins 8-0 loss Friday night. "So from this point on, all we can do is appeal it. " Twins catcher Joe Mauer had been hit by a pitch thrown by Roy Oswalt in the top of the third inning in the series opener Thursday night. There were no warnings issued after Mauer got hit, but plate umpire Wally Bell quickly tossed Diamond. Manager Ron Gardenhire also got ejected after he charged out of the dugout to protest Bells decision. "Anytime in an umpires judgment they go in the head area, we have to take care of business," Bell said after Thursday nights game. "I felt at the time that he had to be ejected for it." Hamilton said before Fridays game that he felt the ball whizzing by the back of his neck. But he didnt think Diamond did that intentionally. "I dont think he was trying to hit me in the head, I just think the ball got away from him, but it got away from him and it was close," Hamilton said. "It was close, but like I said, I dont think he did that on purpose." Hamilton said it was the closest a pitch has ever come to hitting him in the head. "Behind the back of my neck, I could actually feel it when it went by," Hamilton said. "Just feel the wind from the ball when it goes by." Cheap Jerseys . -- David Lee knows Golden State is doing things few expected. Wholesale Jerseys . She knew right then that she wanted to reach the same height in womens bobsled. Upperton achieved her goal nearly two years later and would go on to put the Canadian womens team on the map. http://www.chinacheapwholesal... . Winless in 46 starts on the 50-and-over tour, the 52-year-old Glasson had a 13-under 131 total. He won seven times on the PGA Tour in an injury-plagued career marked by more than 20 surgeries. Glasson birdied three of the last five holes after dropping a shot on the par-4 13th. [url=http://www.chinacheapwholesalenfljerseys.com/]Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap . According to a report on the website TMZ.com, Rousey will automatically be named the UFCs 135-pound womens champion and Sara McMann, Cris Cyborg and Miesha Tate are the fighters who are named as possible opponents for her first defence. Cheap Jerseys from china . By that stage it will be almost eight months since its last league victory -- a 2-1 decision over the visiting Colorado Rapids on July 18.LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers faint playoff hopes are still flickering, and Matt Kemp does not want to see them extinguished if he can help it. Kemp homered twice, Joe Blanton pitched shutout ball into the seventh inning, and the desperate Dodgers climbed within two games of the second NL wild-card spot with a 3-0 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Saturday night. Los Angeles fourth straight victory, coupled with St. Louis 10-inning loss to Washington, gave the Dodgers a much-needed boost with four games left. After this weekend, they finish up with a three-game series against NL West champion San Francisco. The defending World Series champion Cardinals close out the regular season with a three-game set at home against Central champion Cincinnati. "Right now we have to find a way to sneak into those playoffs," Kemp said. "Were both going to be playing good teams next week, so its going to come down to the end. Weve just got to keep going out there and playing hard and see where we end up." The loss was the Rockies 96th, breaking the franchise record set in their inaugural 1993 season and equaled in 2005. Blanton (10-13) scattered seven hits over six-plus innings, struck out six and walked none. The Rockies got only one runner as far as third base against the right-hander, who has only two victories in 10 starts with the Dodgers since he was acquired from Philadelphia on Aug. 3 -- including a 10-8 win over the Rockies on Aug. 29 at Coors Field. "You hope when youre traded, youre put in a position to pitch in the playoffs or do all you can to get in the playoffs," Blanton said. "You just hope you get those opportunities. You never know in this game whats going to happen. Last year was a prime example of that. So as long as theres games left and youre still in it, anything could happen. Thats the way youve got to treat it and try to win every game." Ronald Belisario and Kenley Jansen each pitched a perfect inning and Brandon League did likewise in the ninth for his 15th save in 21 chances with the Dodgers and Seattle Mariners. He has converted all six opportunities with Los Angeles. Tyler Chatwood (5-6) threw 74 pitches over four innings, allowing two runs and five hits. The 22-year-old right-hander, who began his big league career down the freeway with the Angels last season, was 4-5 with a 4.88 ERA in his 12 starts with the Rockies this season, including an 8-4 home win over the Dodgers on Aug. 28. Kemp led off the fourth with a drive into the left field pavilion that travelled an estimated 461 feet. Hanley Ramirez singled one out later, stole second and scored on a two-out singlee by A.dddddddddddd.J. Ellis -- his fifth consecutive game with at least one RBI after going 15 games and 44 at-bats without one. Kemp added his 22nd homer in the eighth, an opposite-field drive to right against Josh Roenicke. It was his fifth career multihomer game and second this season, the other coming on April 14 against San Diego at Dodger Stadium. "Im just seeing the ball and hitting the ball, putting some good wood on mistake pitches and driving the ball. Thats what Im used to doing and what Im capable of doing," Kemp said. "As long as I can get strikes to hit, I can be a pretty good hitter. It felt good to hit balls that hard. Hopefully I can do it the next four days." Kemp is batting .229 with five homers and 13 RBIs in 23 games since hurting his left shoulder crashing into the centre field fence at Coors Field in consecutive games last month while trying to catch triples by Josh Rutledge and Tyler Colvin. "I feel like any other player would feel in the month of September," Kemp said. "Everybodys banged up at this time of the year, so you cant make excuses." Colorado manager Jim Tracy, using a patchwork lineup because of injuries to Colvin, Todd Helton, Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez, Jason Giambi, Dexter Fowler, Michael Cuddyer and Eric Young Jr., had little to choose from on the bench to pinch-hit for Chatwood in the fifth with runners at the corners, two out and the Rockies trailing 2-0. So Chatwood batted for himself and grounded into a fielders choice before Josh Outman replaced him on the mound in the bottom half. "Thats where were at right now," first baseman Jordan Pacheco said. "Were not really in a position to do anything, so were not going to hurt anybody anymore. It stinks when youre in that position with a chance to do something, and we havent had many situations like that -- especially in this series. So all you can do is roll with the punches." NOTES: LHP Clayton Kershaw, the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner, has a league-best 2.58 ERA with one start remaining. If he stays on top, he would become the first Dodgers pitcher with back-to-back ERA titles since Sandy Koufaxs career-ending five-year run from 1962-66. ... The Rockies have lost eight straight on the road and 13 of their last 14 away from Coors Field. ... Blanton was 1-4 with a 5.46 ERA in his previous 10 home starts with the Dodgers and Phillies. ... Dodgers RHP Josh Beckett, who beat the Rockies in Game 1 of the 2007 World Series while pitching for Boston, starts Sundays series finale against LHP Jorge De La Rosa. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes