Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

"I think over the three days I got better every da...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

"I think over the three days I got better every day, more comfortable

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/13 03:26AM
Latest post: 2014/07/13 03:26AM, Views: 292, Posts: 1
"I think over the three days I got better every day, more comfortable
#1   2014/07/13 03:26AM
wff0605
NEW YORK -- Mark Jackson looked around Barclays Center and saw friends, family and familiar faces from a lifetime of New York basketball. What he saw on the court was pretty special, too. David Lee had 30 points and 15 rebounds, Stephen Curry scored 28 points, and the Golden State Warriors gave their coach a winning return to Brooklyn by beating the Nets 109-102 on Friday night. "Good to be home," Jackson said, "and its even better to leave out of here with a victory." Lee scored six straight points to break open a tie game midway through the fourth quarter, and Curry had 21 in the second half for the Warriors, who won for the fifth time in six games. Golden State improved to 2-0 on its season-high, seven-game road trip against Eastern Conference opponents, a game played not far from where Jackson became a New York City star. Jacksons mother and sister were in the crowd, and he said he even recognized people working in the arena who worked at Madison Square Garden when he played there. "He talked about it as being a dream of his and we just wanted to come out with effort to make that happen for him," Curry said. "You could see he had so much passion after the game. You could tell how much this meant to him." Joe Johnson scored a season-high 32 points for the Nets, who dropped their season-high third straight. Deron Williams added 23 points and eight assists. "Weve had similar games like this all season where we get out to a lead and really cant hang on to it. We really got outworked especially in the second half," Williams said. "Stephen Curry got hot in the offensive end and defensively we just didnt play good tonight. We had too many breakdowns in our defence, too many system errors." Brooklyn played without starting centre Brook Lopez for a fourth straight game because of a sprained right foot. Andray Blatche had 22 points and 15 rebounds in his place. Currys streak of 20-point, 10-assist games ended at four, the longest by a Warriors player since Tim Hardaway 20 years ago, when he had only five assists. But he was locked in scoring mode in the second half of his sixth straight game with 20 or more points, hitting long jumpers, showing a shooters body language in believing that every time he pulled up, it was going in. "Hes a bad man," Jackson said. "Hes a bad man. At the end of the day, hes healthy, and Ill take him matching up against any point guard in this league. And thats with total respect for Deron Williams and some other guys in this league, but Steph Curry is in that class and he shoots the ball as well as anybody thats ever played, and for the first time in a long time hes healthy, and I think people forgot just how good he is." Curry tied it at 89 with a 3-pointer, then Lee knocked down two jumpers and put back a miss as the Warriors opened a 95-89 lead with 6:39 to play. The Nets got it down to four about three minutes later, but Lee converted a three-point play before Draymond Greens follow shot extended Golden States lead to 105-96. "Our problem is defence. We are not the same team defensively. We have to get back and figure it out," Nets coach Avery Johnson said. "We have to get our team out of this defensive funk." Jackson was born in Brooklyn, played high school ball at nearby Bishop Loughlin, starred at St. Johns and began his NBA career with the Knicks, winning Rookie of the Year honours in 1988. The trip back to Brooklyn hit home, he said, when the team bus passed a McDonalds where he used to eat after high school home games. Jackson said he spent Thursday with his son and visited with his mother and sister earlier Friday. He said his reaction upon seeing the $1 billion Barclays Center was simply, "Wow!" "You couldnt imagine this being here as a kid growing up, or as a high school kid, just couldnt imagine it," he said before the game. "So its a big deal and rightfully so." He said he had about 10 friends and family members at the game, and got a nice hand after the introduction of the Warriors starting lineup. Lee spent five years with the Knicks and reserve Charles Jenkins played at Hofstra, so plenty of Warriors were comfortable in New York. "Its great for a bunch of us to be back here and we take a lot of pride in going on the road and finding a way to get wins," Lee said, "and we were very, very happy we did that." The Nets led by seven after one, then got 3-pointers by Jerry Stackhouse and Johnson to open the second, increasing their lead to 37-24. The Warriors battled back to tie it at 55, but the Nets scored the final eight points of the half, taking a 63-55 lead on Blatches 3 with 0.5 seconds remaining. Curry brought the Warriors back in the third, making three 3-pointers and scoring 13 of Golden States 29 points. Jarrett Jacks jumper with 1.1 seconds left sent the Warriors to the fourth with an 84-82 lead. Jack had 15 points and eight assists, Klay Thompson scored 13 points, and Green finished with 10 rebounds. NOTES: Avery Johnson said Lopez did some shooting and light running and the Nets would see what he could do at practice Saturday before re-evaluating him Sunday. ... The seven-game trip is only ninth for the Warriors franchise since moving West. They havent had a winning record since going 4-3 in 1970-71. ... Avery Johnson said Blatche is a good passer -- most of the time. "Sometimes he goes into his Globetrotter deal, which doesnt yield great results," Johnson said. . Artetas first goal in the 26th minute came after Santi Cazorla went down lightly under Steven Reids challenge, enraging West Brom manager Steve Clarke who said there was "zero contact. [url=http://www.officialmexicosoccershop.com/World-Cup-Diego-Reyes-Soccer-Jersey... Reyes Mexico Jersey .Y. -- Brayden Schenn scored the winner on Wednesday as the Adirondack Phantoms defeated the St. .ca NHL Power Rankings, for the fifth time in the last six weeks, ahead of the New York Rangers, Vancouver Canucks and Detroit Red Wings. [url=http://www.officialmexicosoccershop.com/World-Cup-Oribe-Peralta-Soccer-Jers... Peralta World Cup Jersey . Meireles, 29, just joined Chelsea last summer from Liverpool, but departs for the Turkish side after completing his switch on Monday night.CALGARY – Looking to finally crack Team Canada on his third try, Ryan Murphy will be waiting out the final hours until the 2013 roster is announced, watching movies and television in a lonely hotel room. "Its not going to be fun," Murphy grinned, following the Canadians final exhibition match on Thursday afternoon, a 2-0 win over a CIS squad. Murphy is one of 31 players vying for an opportunity to join Team Canada at the upcoming World Junior Championships in Ufa, Russia. Nine jobs appeared to be sewn up already with Ryan-Nugent Hopkins, Mark Scheifele, Jonathan Hueberdeau, Ryan Strome, Scott Harrington, Xavier Ouellet, Dougie Hamilton, Boone Jenner and Morgan Rielly seemingly in the clear after sitting on the last day of evaluation. That would leave 14 spots up for grabs – eight forwards, three defencemen and three goaltenders. Goaltending remains the most difficult decision for head coach Steve Spott and the Canadian brass to make with all four goaltenders providing at the very least, a solid showing this week; Jake Patterson stopped all 33 shots he faced, Laurent Brossoit stopped 48 of 50, Jordan Binnington stopped 31 of 34 while presumed leader of the pack, Malcolm Subban blocked 38 of 43. One of the four wont make the cut. "Thats going to be a real challenge for us," Spott said. "But as I said to [goaltending coach] Ron Tugnutt, we have to stay true to our evaluation through the whole year, not just for the last 48 hours. I think thats very important that when you look at these teams yoou can be fooled over a certain amount of time, but I tell you what, all four of these guys that we saw this week were fantastic.dddddddddddd. Were going to have a tough decision to make." 17-year-old Halifax teammates Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin turned in strong performances on the final day of evaluation, as did roster hopefuls Ty Rattie and J.C. Lipon. Spott noted late Thursday afternoon that he was satisfied with the "top-end" players up front and on defence, specifying the depth positions as those that they required some choice. The Kitchener Rangers bench boss also labeled speed as one prominent element in his final decision-making process, a factor that may bode well for MacKinnon, the potential number one overall pick in the 2013 NHL Draft. "I think over the three days I got better every day, more comfortable every day," MacKinnon said. "I think with time, I could be a good asset with this team." Disappointment was evident on Wednesday when the assembled Canadians lost 4-1 to the University of Alberta in a game lacking the highest degrees of determination. That issue was eradicated with final cuts looming. "A lot of the guys this morning, there was a lot of food left on the breakfast plates," Spott said. "I think there was a lot of nerves and thats to be expected I think obviously knowing that this was the last opportunity for them to have an evaluation. I thought they played hard and now theyre going to make our decisions very difficult." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes