Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

has a torn right patellar tendon and will undergo ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

has a torn right patellar tendon and will undergo

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/13 03:23AM
Latest post: 2014/07/13 03:23AM, Views: 281, Posts: 1
has a torn right patellar tendon and will undergo
#1   2014/07/13 03:23AM
wff0605
(Sports Network) - For younger fans, the rivalry between the Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics doesnt really exist. But, older followers of The Association know better and if you grew up as a Sixers or Celtics loyalist in the 1960s or 80s, you were a part of the greatest rivalry in sports. If you think the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees enmity is intense now -- you would have been captivated by the Sixers and Celtics. You see, comparing anything to Wilts Sixers versus Russells Celtics or Dr. J with his hands around Larry Birds throat would be like saying Mayweather-Cotto was the equal of Ali-Frazier. The Sixers and Celtics had it all -- history, passion, hate, envy and perhaps what fuels a rivalry most -- similar talent on both sides. That storied conflict will be renewed in the Eastern Conference semifinals when the two Atlantic Division combatants square off starting tonight in Beantown. Catch all the action live on TSN at 8pm et/5pm pt. Boston, the No. 5 seed which has won five straight Atlantic crowns since bringing in future Hall of Famers Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to team with Paul Pierce, punched its ticket to the semis by jettisoning fourth-seeded Atlanta in six games. Garnett swished a turnaround jumper with 30.4 seconds remaining to put the Celtics in front during the clincher and they held on from there for a dramatic 83-80 victory at TD Garden. "Anytime you go through a series and youre able to come on top, thats always a plus," Garnett said. "Sure now well relax and enjoy this a little bit and then get back to work tomorrow, but yeah, it feels good." Boston has now advanced to the second round of the playoffs in every year since its "Big Three" was put together in 2007, twice reaching the NBA Finals and winning one championship in 08. The Sixers, meanwhile, also advanced in six games, becoming just the fifth eight-seed in NBA history to dispose of a No. 1 by taking out the injury- plagued Chicago Bulls. The embattled Andre Iguodala drained two free throws with 2.2 seconds to play in Game 6 to lift Philadelphia to its first postseason series win since 2003 in a thrilling 79-78 affair. "I dont know how you could write a better script," said Sixers head coach Doug Collins. "(Andre) struggled all year at the foul line, stepped up and made two free throws to win a playoff series to get to the second round for the first time." Many consider Philadelphia topping Chicago as fools gold since the Bulls were without superstar point Derrick Rose and starting center Joakim Noah for most of the series. That said, the Bulls still thought they had enough pieces to beat a flawed Sixers team and is instead looking for tee times. "Things change so quickly," Collins said. "Joakim Noah the other day steps on an ankle. We saw Derrick Rose blow out a knee. Youve got to take care of your business." So far the 76ers have and their next order of business is in Boston. "I think it [winning in the first round] was just a stepping stone for a young group of guys to come together," Sixers guard Lou Williams said. "Obviously we have had our ups and downs. We started out the season on fire and then we didnt have as much success, so it has been a roller coaster. It just feels good to prevail and move on to the second round." Celtics coach Doc Rivers did not sound optimistic that he would have Pierce and Allen anywhere near full strength for Game 1 tonight after a short two-day turnaround for both clubs. "Its a challenge because of a bodies," Rivers said before the Celtics film session and light shootaround on Saturday. "The Sixers are pretty healthy, were not, so thats the challenge. Ray is struggling today, Paul is struggling today. Thats a challenge. The only advantage we have is we dont have to get on a plane. Our guy can sleep in their beds tonight and tomorrow night and get some rest." Both Pierce and Allen sat out Fridays walkthrough, following the shootaround. Pressed as to whether Pierce or Allen were closer to being ready for Game 1, Rivers sounded an ominous tone. "I dont [know]," he said. "Im concerned with both, to be honest. I dont even want to give a percentage." Pierce is dealing with a sprained MCL in his left knee, suffered last Sunday before Game 4 against Atlanta. Allen, meanwhile, reported feeling no improvement from stiffness and soreness from bone spurs in his left ankle. "Yeah, I expect to play," Pierce said. "I feel like I can play [Saturday]. Im just getting the treatments. Im dealing with a sprained knee, getting as much ice as possible. Its probably not going to heal until the season is over so Im just doing the necessary steps that I can to make sure I dont overdo it or put myself in a position where I could really hurt my career." This rivalry began all the way back in 1952-53 when the Sixers franchise called Syracuse home. Since the team relocated to the City of Brotherly Love, the 76ers and Celtics have met in the postseason 11 different times and eight of those were Eastern Conference finals. Boston has taken seven of the 11 series and is 50-43 overall in the playoffs against Philadelphia. This season, however, the Sixers won two of three over the Celtics with each team holding serve on its home floor. Philadelphia routed Boston in the first meeting of the season at Wells Fargo Center on March 7 and won easily again 16 days later, in South Philly, before the Celtics rebounded on Easter Sunday by routing the Sixers 103-79. Game 2 of the set will take place Monday in Boston. Official CFL Jerseys . Pittsburgh also got minor league pitcher Kyle Kaminska for minor league outfielder Gorkys Hernandez and the extra draft pick for 2013 that the Pirates won in the competitive balance lottery for financially weaker teams. Authentic CFL Jerseys . Robles coach, Santiago Antunez, told the Associated Press on Saturday that Robles doesnt want to go on. Antunez said he hadnt been able to change his mind. "Dayron is very upset," Antunez said. http://www.cflofficial.ca/ . The 20-year-old goaltender, who spent last season with the Calgary Hitmen, stopped 55 of 57 shots as Seattle defeated the host Portland Winterhawks 5-2 on Friday in Western Hockey League action.TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive lineman Davin Joseph has a torn right patellar tendon and will undergo surgery that will sideline him for the entire season. The two-time Pro Bowl selection was injured during the second quarter of Friday nights 30-28 preseason victory over New England when a teammate blocked a Patriots lineman into the back of Josephs knee. Reseerve Ted Larsen replaced Joseph at right guard against the Patriots, however coach Greg Schiano was not ready Saturday to declare the third-year pro will start the regular season opener.dddddddddddd. Joseph is the leader of an offensive line thats considered one of the strongest assets of a team that went 4-12 and ended last season on a 10-game losing streak. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes