Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

2 with three no-decisions since pitching a perfect...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

2 with three no-decisions since pitching a perfect game against S

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/10 04:34AM
Latest post: 2014/07/10 04:34AM, Views: 278, Posts: 1
2 with three no-decisions since pitching a perfect game against S
#1   2014/07/10 04:34AM
wff0605
(Sports Network) - The Toronto Blue Jays continue their series with the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday with both teams dealing with pitching woes. Torontos rotation is currently decimated by injuries, opening the door for Jesse Chavez in Tuesdays middle portion of this series. Chavez will make his first major league start and is 0-0 with a 5.40 ERA in one relief appearance this season at Texas back on May 27. Chavez, a right-hander, was called up Monday and is 7-2 with a 3.84 ERA in 12 starts with Triple-A Las Vegas this season. In 12 career relief outings against the Brewers, Chavez is 0-2 with a 14.29 ERA. The Brewers were scheduled to send Shaun Marcum to the mound Tuesday, but tightness in his right elbow will prevent him from making the start. Rookie Tyler Thornburg, who is 8-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 71 strikeouts in 13 starts at Double A, will get the start for the Brewers. Milwaukee could also pull someone from the bullpen, too. The Blue Jays opened a nine-game trek last night and had their three-game winning streak come to an end with a 7-6 loss. Brett Lawrie, Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion all homered for the Jays, who swept Philadelphia in three games over the weekend. Bautistas blast was a three-run shot in the seventh. Henderson Alvarez allowed six runs in four innings, while Robert Coello gave up Ramirezs home run to suffer the loss. "He gave up a number of two out hits with runners in scoring position," Blue Jays manager John Farrell said of Alvarez. "Weve got to get him straightened out because of the situation with our pitching right now. Weve got to get more than four innings from him and not have an adverse effect on our bullpen." Bautista owns eight homers in his last 15 games and has reached base safely in the previous 18. Milwaukee was aided by a replay review when Aramis Ramirez clubbed the go- ahead home run in the bottom of the seventh inning in Mondays 7-6 victory. The ball was originally thought to have gone foul, but after further review the slugging third baseman was given the green light to round the bases. Ramirez spoke of the instant replay option after the game. "That means theyre going to get the call right," Ramirez said. "Thats what its all about. Because of that, we won the game tonight. ... I think it was a homer, because if that hit the wall [in foul territory], it would have come back a little harder. That hit the wall and stayed right there, so I figured I had a home run." Ramirez went 3-for-3 and drove in three runs, while Rickie Weeks had two hits and two RBI for Milwaukee, which has won three of its last four games. Ryan Braun had a hit to extend his streak to 13 games (23 during interleague play). He is 19-for-57 with five homers and 12 RBI in the past 13 contests. Randy Wolf started for the Brewers and was reached for four runs over 6 1/3 innings in a no-decision. Kameron Loe got the last two outs of the seventh for the win and John Axford closed the door in the ninth for his 12th save. Milwaukee swept the Jays in three games the last time these two clubs met from June 17-19, 2008 at Miller Park. nfl jerseys china . The left-hander takes the mound for the third installment of a four-game series against the St. Louis Cardinals. Catch all the action on TSN2 beginning at 8pm et/5pm pt. Friday night, Johan Santana threw the first no-hitter in Mets history and yesterday afternoon R. cheap jerseys . Ovechkin voiced his concerns in a conference call with The Washington Times and The Washington Post on Wednesday. "I said it before, before I sign a contract, if the league decides to cut our salaries and cut our contracts for what they want, I dont know how many guys will be coming back," Ovechkin said on the call. http://www.nflchinacheapjerseysst... . Chad Owens caught three passes and returned four kicks to set pro footballs record for all-purpose yards in a season. [url=http://www.nflchinacheapjerseysstore.com/]cheap nfl jerseys . The Toronto FC coach had just watched his team concede two late goals Tuesday to fall 3-1 to Mexican giants Santos Laguna in a crucial CONCACAF Champions League match at BMO Field. wholesale nfl jerseys . -- Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Clint Session is preparing for the worst. CHICAGO -- On a wild day at Wrigley Field when Kerry Wood retired, Paul Konerko got hit in the face with a pitch and manager Dale Sveum was ejected, the Chicago White Sox added to their recent success against the Cubs. Gordon Beckham hit a tiebreaking homer in the eighth inning and the White Sox beat the Cubs 3-2 Friday, their 16th win in the last 22 interleague games against their crosstown rivals. "I think that was more than the typical game. It seemed like there was a lot of stuff going on," Beckham said. Beckhams solo shot and a two-run drive by Konerko in the first were the only runs allowed by Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija (4-2). Konerko sustained a laceration above his left eye and swelling when he was hit by Samardzijas pitch in the third inning and had to leave the game. More tests revealed no further injury to Konerkos eye. The team said he would be re-evaluated before Saturday nights game. "You never want that for anybody that youre playing with or anybody on their team. You never want to see anybody hit in the head. It was pretty scary. He walked off, so we figured he was OK," Beckham said. White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski said he went to the clubhouse to check on Konerko. "I saw him before he left," Pierzynski said. "His eye was pretty swelled up, but he was pretty cognizant, didnt say he was dizzy or anything. Ive seen him get hit before and go to first. I was a little scared when he didnt get right up, but he seemed fine and well see how he feels tomorrow." Samardzija, who came to the plate to check on Konerko, said he wasnt trying to hit the White Sox star. "Its unfortunate. Therere a lot of superstars that put up big numbers, get paid a lot of money and Paulies one of those guys who is a superstar and does it the right way. Theres not too many of those guys out there. Hes not about show or about himself," Samardzija said. "Paulies a good guy and that ball got away and unfortunately hit him up high. If I could take it back, I would. The only thing that makes me OK about it is hes a tough guy. I hope hell be all right." White Sox starter Phil Humber threw high behind Cubs cleanup hitter Bryan LaHair in the fourth, prompting a warning from plate umpire Tim Timmons. Sveum, ejected in the fifth for arguing a call at second base, reiterated the Cubs werent trying to hit Konerko, especially since it was a splitter from Samardzija. And he said if Humbers pitch was indeed retaliation, he would have appreciated it being thrown much lower. "That one just got away from me and just one of those things that happens during a gamee," Humber said.dddddddddddd Wood, who began his major league career with the Cubs in 1998 and struck out 20 Houston Astros batters in his fifth major league start, took the mound to rousing cheers after word got out that he intended to retire after the game. When he struck out Dayan Viciedo on three pitches -- the only batter Wood faced -- he was taken out as teammates congratulated him on the mound and Dunn doffed his batting helmet and clapped from first base. The 34-year-old Wood, hampered by injuries this season and throughout his career, left to a standing ovation and was hugged by his son as he reached the dugout. Moments later, Wood emerged for a curtain call, waving his cap to fans as James Russell threw warmup pitches. Wood played slightly more than 13 seasons in the big leagues, most of them with the Cubs. "Its time," he said afterward. Konerkos 19th career homer in 66 games against the Cubs came one out after a first-inning single by Beckham and made it 2-0. But the Cubs responded in the bottom half. David DeJesus led off with a fly-ball double into the ivy in left field and Tony Campana had a bunt single when Humber slipped down trying to field it. Campana then stole second before Starlin Castros long sacrifice fly made it 2-1 and sent Campana to third. Humber then struck out LaHair and got Alfonso Soriano to fly out. The Cubs tied it in the seventh when Ian Stewart led off with a single and one out later Darwin Barney doubled to finish Humber after just 66 pitches. Matt Thornton (2-3) came in and Samardzija bounced his first pitch through the left side for an RBI single to tie the game and put runners at first and third. DeJesus popped out and so did Campana on a bunt attempt, ending the inning. Samardzija allowed six hits and three runs in 7 1-3 innings with two walks and eight strikeouts. Humber gave up five hits and two runs in 6 1-3 innings. He is 0-2 with three no-decisions since pitching a perfect game against Seattle on April 21. Addison Reed got his fourth save in four chances with a scoreless ninth that included a double by Barney when White Sox right fielder Alex Rios lost his two-out fly in the sun. NOTES: White Sox 3B Brent Morel was a late scratch with a sore back that has bothered him off and on this season. He was replaced by Eduardo Escobar. ... Cubs C Geovany Soto will have surgery on a torn meniscus in his left knee and will miss three to four weeks. ... The Cubs called up catcher Blake Lalli from Triple-A Iowa and optioned struggling right-hander Chris Volstad (0-6) to their top farm club. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes