Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

After Miles and Hurley drop - Country Music Talk F...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

After Miles and Hurley drop

Started by lluggg589, 2014/07/09 08:19PM
Latest post: 2014/07/09 08:19PM, Views: 309, Posts: 1
After Miles and Hurley drop
#1   2014/07/09 08:19PM
lluggg589
Some Like It Hoth

Greetings fellow LOST junkies. I wondered all week how Like it Hoth was going to compare to last week Ben centric masterpiece, is Dead. I admit it didn wow me as much, but it was still a very enjoyable hour, and we finally got a little back story on Miles.

While last week gave us struggles for political power, religion vs. government, the new improved John Locke, the new but somehow slightly used Benjamin Linus, a fresh riddle to ponder and a peek at Smokie crib, this week provided us a look inside a character we knew next to Wholesale Jerseys nothing about, and we got to explore some of his Daddy Issues.

Of course we can fairly compare an episode like Like it Hoth with is Dead. It like comparing apples to oranges, or to take a cue from the last night title, it would be like comparing the blue milk Luke Skywalker drank on Tatooine with that granola bar/taquito thing Luke Skywalker ate on Dagobah. They both tasty in their way, but found on entirely different grocery aisles.

The Real Housewives Of Orange County Wouldn Settle For This

For the ex wife of a doctor, Mrs. Chang didn get much in the way of alimony, although the place did come with it own microwave oven. The apartment manager isn supposed to let kids in, but for two months in advance, Mr. Crotchety is willing to look the other way. Perhaps Lil Miles learned his code of questionable ethics from this crusty complex chief.

No sooner has the bargain been struck than the precocious child is making friends with the neighbors well the dead ones anyway.

Lil Miles is to apartment number 4 (as in the first of the mysterious numbers) and finds a hidden key beneath the white rabbit (as in Alice in Wonderland and the famous experimental white bunnies) and he lets himself into the late Mr. Vonner sad pad. Now, I know this episode was supposed to target Miles problems with the fact his father abandoned him as an infant, but I telling you right now, his mom ain gonna win to many Mother of the Year trophies either. The woman finds her impressionable son conversing with a lifeless corpse inside this squalid residence and then she signs the rental agreement? Surely there an apartment complex somewhere in the Los Angeles Valley area with less dead bodies for young boys to play with Eh, scratch that. I guess that place is as good as any other.

Can You Get Milk From My Nipples Miles?

Sawyer/LaFleur no sooner talks Miles into erasing the surveillance tapes than Horace busts into the room before Miles had a chance to comply with SawFleur request. Now Miles has joined Gaylord Focker inside Dharma Circle of Trust. I sure hope he doesn try to get milk from Horace nipples.

Man that Radzinsky is wound tight. I mean, I know he in a forbidden part of the island, but the guy is just itching to shoot someone, and I get the sense he may get his chance soon. Anyway, Miles shows up, and Radzinsky has a couple goons bring out the body of a freshly dead Dharmite named, Alvarez. They load him in the back of the van. Miles is confused as to how a man can die from an internally punctured skull, while digging a ditch and since Radzinsky is not giving up any secrets, Miles goes straight to the source. He finds dead ditch diggers are way less anal than the living breathing Heads of Research. Maybe Radzinsky will loosen up a little after he kills himself.

Let me take this opportunity to tip my hat to the subtle but powerful acting ability of Ken Leung. I know last week I was taking some shots at 54 year old Michael Emerson playing 25 years old, and how visually disturbing that was, but this week, I really believed Leung was convincing as a troubled teen when he visited his cancer riddled mother on her death bed. (Was this illness brought about by overexposure to a certain H Bomb?)

Mrs. Chang was still living in 7 of the Lonely Loser Towne Homes when Miles came calling. Miles needed answers as badly as his mother planned on keeping them from him. She obviously has an idea of why Miles has this power, but she wasn talking. She still seems a tad upset at the as of yet unexplained events that upended her happy home life on the island. Finally she admits to Miles his father died years ago. I suspect she kept that secret from him because she feared Miles might make it his life mission to search for the body of his dead father and have a chat with him. Here something to think about; Mrs. Chang might go to the grave with some secrets, but she might accidentally spill the beans to her ghost whispering son unless she has herself cremated.

Back in 1977, thinking his mission was complete; Miles is tentative at the prospect of delivering the body to Dr. Daddy. Why does Chang want Alvarez cadaver? Well one reason is to conduct a proper autopsy, but I get the feeling Chang may try to conduct some unorthodox experiments. Time travel perhaps?

Hurley is really enjoying life back on the island. He prefers it to playing chess with dead buddies in the Wholesale NFL Jerseys insane asylum, and he even prefers it to life as a multimillionaire celebrity. Hurley a simple guy. Put him in charge of the food, give him a 70 van, and throw him in the middle of a mystery and Hurley is content. Damn, Hurley is a fat Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

Before Miles can talk him out of it, the big guy is loading his specially treated garlic mayo topped sandwiches next to the lifeless Alvarez. Along the ride we are treated to greatest oddly aromatic van riding Hispanic/Asian comedy team since Hurley dad Cheech and his pal Chong snorted laundry detergent.

By the way, thank God the odor emanating from the vehicle was just a dead body in there and not one of Hurley ass blasts. My guess is one silent but deadly from Hurley would have not only killed Miles at the wheel, but may have actually brought Alvarez back from the dead, only to slay him again.

Miles must unconsciously trust Hurley on some level, because Miles is too bright to let little bits of information out if he doesn want them out. Hurley quickly deduces that Miles has the power to speak to the dead. Hurley tries to put Miles at ease by assuring Dr Chang little grown up boy that he also has similar powers.

Next we see Miles back in the real world. He in the backyard of the grieving father of a high school football player. The man is desperate to contact his son and find out if he Wholesale NFL Jerseys realized his father always loved him. Miles all but confesses his inability to contact with the cremated remains of the dead, but quickly changes his story when he realizes there a fistful of dollars in it just to make the old guy feel less guilty.

As he heads back to his car, he is greeted by our old friend, Naomi who is looking a lot like the lesser known 6th member of the Spice Girls Mercenary Spice. Using her girl power, Naomi entices Miles to what he assumes might be an intriguing dinner. It turns out to be an abandoned restaurant. One reason the restaurant doesn do much business anymore is probably due to the unsanitary habit of keeping dead bodies in the food prep area.

At Naomi request, and another wad of cash, Miles gives the stiff a quick exit interview, and reveals the poor guy name is Felix. This impresses Naomi who would like to keep the audition moving. His head convulsing in involuntary spasms, Miles relates that Felix was on his way to deliver some photos and paperwork and the purchase order of an old airplane to (what sounded to me as) Mr. Whitmore, but maybe the dead guy doesn enunciate well enough to pronounce the in Widmore. This of course begs the question; who killed Felix? Circumstantial evidence points to Mr. Friendly since he was in possession of very similar paperwork.

Without singing a single note, though spending 1.6 million notes, Mercenary Spice is able to convince Miles to join Team Widmore.

If Miles is this episode Han Solo the morally ambiguous character who (hopefully) realizes the importance of being part of a group and helping for the common good, then the question we should be asking ourselves is who is Jabba the Hut? Is it Widmore, or someone else?

They Could Have Planned a Little Better

Back on 70 island, the ladies are making a bad situation worse. It hard to believe Juliet didn cook up a better story for Ben dad Roger. Did she really think, don know, he was just here was going to pacify a father whose kid was shot and then subsequently kidnapped? Kate didn help the situation any Cheap NFL Jerseys when she interrupted Roger liquid lunch, with a neighborly going to work out speech. Roger no idiot. He may be a drunk, and an abusive father but he senses something about Kate, and it not sitting well with him.

It is interesting for Kate, a girl with some serious Daddy Issues of her own, to be so concerned with a man who clearly physically and mentally abused his son. I can help but think this man should repulse Kate, so why is she trying so hard to comfort him? Seriously, if any of you armchair psychiatrists out there have an answer, please clue me in. Is this plausible behavior for a woman like Kate?

And speaking of plausible behavior, Go With The Flow Jack is almost completely on cruise control. It was nice of Janitor Jack to take Roger shift, but Roger not having any of it. He never been impressed with the hierarchy above him, so he doesn have a lot of faith his son will ever be found. Plus if Jack is going to do Roger work then Roger won be able to appreciate his after work beers, or his lunch beers, or his 15 minute break beers. Work makes beer taste better. (Though unemployment beer is not without its charms.)

Roger makes it clear to Jack he doesn want his help as Jack is erasing the days Egyptian language lesson from the blackboard. After Roger questioned Kate interest in Ben, Jack defended his former fianc motives by trying to calm Roger down, and telling him he a rough day. This seemed to work, but then Jack went a little further and stood up for Kate as a personal friend. This only raised Roger feelings of mistrust. Jack may have looked like the Alpha dog, but Roger is now skeptical of the newbies.

Speaking of armchair psychiatrists, Hurley makes a mighty fine one. After his first encounter with his father, the usually confident Miles is a bit shaken. Again, Leung played the moment brilliantly. Ol Hugo properly addressed Miles need to talk about his father, and manages to get Miles to open up a little. Miles reveal of how he figured out Chang was his father was both comedically restrained and compellingly realistic (given the unrealistic nature of their meeting)

After Miles and Hurley drop the body off, Douche Daddy Chang hitches a ride back with the comedy duo. Hurley delights as much in making Miles uncomfortable as he does mentioning the coincidence that Miles the security guy has the same name as Miles the 3 month old.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes