Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

things youve kind of got to keep telling yourself ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

things youve kind of got to keep telling yourself it doesnt hurt, it does

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/09 01:11AM
Latest post: 2014/07/16 03:20AM, Views: 2382, Posts: 2
things youve kind of got to keep telling yourself it doesnt hurt, it d...
#1   2014/07/09 01:11AM
wff0605
(Sports Network) - The Toronto Raptors will try to shake off a disputed loss in Charlotte as they wrap up their road trip with a stop in Detroit the face the Pistons. You can see all the action on TSN2 tonight beginning at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Raptors have dropped seven of their last nine games. Toronto had some chances to steal a win at the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, but came up short on several chances in the final seconds in a 98-97 defeat. Both DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry had shots blocked on the final possession and Andrea Bargnanis attempt from 18 feet out at the horn fell short. "We have to make our own breaks," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. "I thought we shot ourselves in the foot in the beginning of the fourth quarter as far as turnovers. When you turn the ball over, they score layups." Bargnani had a game-high 25 points and Lowry added 21 to the defeat. Jonas Valanciunas contributed 16 points and 10 boards in the setback, his third double-double of the season. That made him just the second Raptors rookie to collect three or more double-doubles through the first 15 games, joining Damon Stoudamire, who had seven in that span in the 1995-96 campaign. Valanciunas still has three more games to add to that total. The Raptors have lost two straight and five of their last six overall encounters with the Pistons and have dropped three in a row and 14 of their previous 17 trips to Detroit. The Detroit Pistons had shown signs of turning things around following a slow start to the season. That is, until their second-half performance on Wednesday. Having picked up a victory in two of three following an 0-8 start, the Pistons took a first-quarter lead over the Orlando Magic on Wednesday and still held the advantage coming out of halftime. Thats when the wheels fell off for Detroit, which missed its first 15 shots of the frame and did not score its first point of the second half until there was 2:15 left in the third. That allowed Orlando to net the first 21 points of the stanza and outscore Detroit 26-8 in the frame en route to handing the Pistons a 90-74 defeat. "We had no energy to start (the second half)," Pistons coach Lawrence Frank said. "It was like we had to call timeout before our guys started the second half. There was a void of the necessary energy to play the game." Tayshaun Prince had 10 points and a season-high eight rebounds, while Greg Monroe led all players with 19 points. Only four of those came in the second half and he also ended with eight boards. Still, over his last four games, Monroe is averaging 20.3 points and 11.5 rebounds a night and he should be the focus of Torontos defenders in this one. Michael Kors Handbags Outlet . The Thursday filing is in response to the home run record-holders attempt to overturn a felony conviction for misleading a grand jury. The filing with the 9th U. Cheap Michael Kors Handbags .500. And the Nationals say they have a lot more to accomplish. Edwin Jackson pitched seven scoreless innings and Steve Lombardozzi hit a three-run triple in the Nationals 8-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday night. http://www.discountmichael-kor... . Mack spent the first four years of his career in Tampa Bay after signing as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He appeared in 58 games, including four starts, with the Buccaneers over that span and recorded 89 tackles with five interceptions. [url=http://www.discountmichael-korshandbags.com/]Discount Michael Kors Handbags . JOHNS, N.ASHBURN, Va. -- Late in the third quarter of Robert Griffin IIIs NFL debut, Washington Redskins long snapper Nick Sundberg grabbed the rookie quarterback on the sideline and made a request. "I know were rolling right now, but keep it up," Sundberg said he told Griffin. "Because I dont want to go out there for another punt." This wasnt a teammate simply urging the offence to score more points. Sundberg was in pain. Itll go down as the other remarkable performance in RG3s stellar first game. Sundberg broke his left arm in the first half and continued to play -- snapping the ball four times for punts, twice for field goals and twice for extra points in the second half of Washingtons 40-32 win over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. "Weve got a story to tell to our kids and our grandkids, how we played with a guy who played a whole game with a broken arm," defensive tackle Barry Cofield said Monday. "Im going to remember both. RG3s going to come first, obviously, because thats what theyre going to ask me about, but when my grandson scrapes his knee, Ill tell him about the guy who played with a broken arm." Sundberg has been fitted with a cast thats bulky and restrictive, so he wont be able to play again for at least a few weeks. The Redskins will audition replacements Tuesday and will have to decide whether to keep the third-year veteran on the active roster or put hiim on injured reserve.dddddddddddd Sundberg was hurt when his arm was squeezed between a helmet and a facemask during the punt that was blocked by the Saints and returned for a touchdown. He knew immediately what had happened because he broke the same bone in high school. The doctors on the sideline kept urging him to get an X-ray, but Sundberg instead kept asking for something to ease the pain so he could keep playing. "I think at the end of the day youve got to look at yourself and see what youre made of," Sundberg said. "It was terrible, but I felt like I really didnt have another option." Sundberg said he got hit on the broken arm a few more times during the game. Yes, it hurt. "Its one of those things youve kind of got to keep telling yourself it doesnt hurt, it doesnt hurt, it doesnt hurt," he said. "At some point, you convince yourself: Theres only a few more minutes left, only a couple more snaps, I can get through it, I can get through it." Then came that conversation with Griffin in the third quarter, which naturally caught the rookie off guard. "He was like, What do you mean?" Sundberg said. "Dude, my arm hurts so bad, and it hurts so much worse to throw punt snaps. I was like, Dont make us punt again. Then we kind of laughed about it, and I was like: Im serious. Hes like, Oh. No pressure rookie, but I dont want to punt again." - ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes