Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Obviously dont want to see that from anybody. - Co...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Obviously dont want to see that from anybody.

Started by wff0605, 2014/06/24 08:26AM
Latest post: 2014/06/24 08:26AM, Views: 347, Posts: 1
Obviously dont want to see that from anybody.
#1   2014/06/24 08:26AM
wff0605
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands -- Third-seeded Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic beat Andreas Seppi of Italy for the fifth time in a row 6-3, 6-3 to open his account at the ABN Amro tournament on Monday. Berdych, coming off a semifinal run at the Australian Open and Davis Cup win over the Netherlands, didnt face a break-point. A semifinalist two years ago here, he will play the winner of an all-French faceoff between Gilles Simon and Nicolas Mahut. Fifth-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga hit 10 aces in beating Florian Mayer of Germany 4-6, 6-3, 6-1, and Germans Philipp Kohlschreiber and Michael Berrer and Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu were also winners. Defending champion Juan Martin del Potro and Wimbledon champ Andy Murray -- a last-minute wild card addition as second seed -- will appear on Wednesday. lunettes de soleil ray ban femme pas cher . Michaels Majors head coach James Boyd needed them most. Jordan Mayer and Jamie Wise each scored twice as the Majors defeated the Guelph Storm 6-4 in Ontario Hockey League action. .C. -- The Abbotsford Heat know how difficult it can be to win games with a depleted lineup. [url=http://www.raybanlunettepascher.com/]http://www.raybanlunettepascher.com/[/... . Mike Cameron knocked in the other run for the Red Sox, who saw Seth Garrison turn in two scoreless relief innings for the win. Aaron Hill doubled twice and knocked in a run for the Jays, while Juan Rivera also added an RBI. [url=http://www.raybanlunettepascher.com/]lunettes de soleil ray ban femme . It was the only NBA city where he had not walked away a winner. Until Sunday -- and it wasnt even close. ray ban lunettes de soleil pas cher . 12 in this weeks world golf rankings. Tiger Woods remained in first place and was again followed by Adam Scott, Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, Henrik Stenson, Matt Kuchar and Brandt Snedeker.BELLEVILLE, Ont. -- Brooks Laich could tell as soon as the Washington Capitals got off their bus Saturday morning how big of a deal this was. They were arriving at Yardmen Arena to play the Winnipeg Jets in the NHLs pre-season opener as part of the Hockeyville event that takes the game to a small town in Canada. "There was about 300 kids outside the rink lined up and I was there once," Laich said. "I know how theyre feeling, I know how important it is." Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Mike Green were there for the Capitals, and Evander Kane and Zach Bogosian for the Jets. Star power was prevalent in the game, won by the Capitals 4-3 in a shootout in front of a packed house in Belleville. "It was a lot of fun," said Green, who scored the shootout winner. "We didnt know what to expect, and the city welcomed us with open arms. We had a lot of fun today, yeah. It was exciting." Kane knew the teams would put on a show for the event celebrating the nearby town of Stirling-Rawdon, Ont., and they did, with the Jets star doing his part by scoring twice. Kane was playing on a line with off-season trade acquisition Devin Setoguchi and top prospect Mark Scheifele, an experiment of Claude Noels that seemed to work quite well. "I thought me and Seto established some good chemistry and Scheifs did a good job of distributing the puck," Kane said. "Playing with Seto was great. Me and Seto seemed to find each other pretty well out there. Its only one game and its going to be nice to grow, as this pre-season goes on heading into the regular season, together." Six goals on 82 shots made for plenty of entertainment for the capacity crowd of over 3,000. The goaltenders were brilliant, but the back-and-forth play was at least partially the product of rust in the first pre-season game for both teams.dddddddddddd "It was a little more offence than defence for what wed want but thats what happens in pre-season, games are pretty wide open," Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby said. "Its good to get back in that rhythm with those skilled guys on the ice to remember why its so fun to play against the best in the world." But even a lacklustre, low-scoring game wouldve meant everything in this community, that Washington defenceman Jack Hillen said "appreciated" seeing this level of hockey in person. "I think sometimes as players, too, we forget really how important the NHL is to people and how delicate it is to be in the NHL," said Laich, who did not play because of a left hip flexor injury. "Its just a really, really cool experience." Fans were almost robbed of the chance of seeing Ovechkin play a full game. He took a high stick to the face from Jets defenceman Ben Chiarot in the first period. Ovechkin was down on the ice for some time before skating to the bench and going down the tunnel. He returned to the game a couple of minutes later. "Ovi always seems to come out of it," Green said. "He looks mangled but hes always OK. I guess thats why they call him the Russian machine." Ovechkin did not speak to reporters after the game, though he tweeted a photo of himself with the message that he "just had plastic surgery." Washington coach Adam Oates said he thought Ovechkin got a couple of stitches in his lip. Oates said Ovechkin was fine "considering" how it couldve been much worse. "It was a very scary one," Oates said. "Obviously dont want to see that from anybody. He was skating at the guy, you knew the angle of the stick you knew that had some force behind it and obviously could have been a scary moment." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes