Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

which played four overt - Country Music Talk Forum...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

which played four overt

Started by lluggg575, 2014/06/23 09:30PM
Latest post: 2014/06/23 09:30PM, Views: 290, Posts: 1
which played four overt
#1   2014/06/23 09:30PM
lluggg575
IHSA boys soccer Class 2A state championship

"Hopefully, this is sending out a sign that the soccer we play in the city has been very competitive," Washington coach Alvaro Perez said. "These boys have done everything I have told them to do. They're the most coachable bunch ever."

Washington struck first in the 44th minute when junior midfielder Brian Romo stole the ball, raced up the sideline and crossed it into the box, where senior Jimmy Canedo gained possession and scored.

The teams played evenly through one overtime until the Patriots (15 1 got a corner kick with three minutes to play in the second overtime. Canedo sent the ball sailing into the box, where Aupont redirected it past goalie John Marks.

Canedo entered the title match with one goal and one assist this season. He doubled those totals when it mattered most.

Washington goalie Jose Leyva turned away Quaas' final shot attempt in the final minute to seal the win. Leyva made eight saves.

"I think it's awesome that we got the responsibility of really representing the Logan Thomas Cardinals Jersey entire Public League," Aupont said. "I feel like this is how it's supposed to be. It's an honor."

St. Ignatius (19 6 2), which played four overtimes in 26 hours, earned its best finish in school history.

"Leaving your heart on the field, playing the game as best as you can and coming off the field with no regrets is really all that matters," junior Kevin Dingens said. "Second place is an amazing accomplishment."

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes