Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

all seven of his attempts from 3-point - Country M...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

all seven of his attempts from 3-point

Started by wff0605, 2014/06/23 08:49AM
Latest post: 2014/06/23 08:49AM, Views: 344, Posts: 1
all seven of his attempts from 3-point
#1   2014/06/23 08:49AM
wff0605
OTTAWA -- Marc Methot may have scored the game winner for the Ottawa Senators, but he was much more excited about Mark Borowieckis goal. Borowiecki scored his first NHL goal and considering the two are defence partners and both Ottawa natives Methot felt it was a pretty special night with their 4-1 victory Thursday over the Montreal Canadiens. "It was awesome," said Methot. "It doesnt happen very often for myself or for (Borowiecki). Were more defensive minded guys and any time you have two hometown guys score in the same game, and its a pretty important game for our fans, I couldnt be happier." Borowiecki celebrated with his teammates, but strangely enough not a single family member was on hand for the game. His parents were in Las Vegas and his girlfriend, a teacher, was unable to attend due to parent-teacher interviews. "Its just weird how it worked out," said the 24-year-old. "I cant describe the feeling; its pretty cool. I had a big smile on my face." In addition to timely scoring, Robin Lehner was solid in goal stopping 33 shots. Lehner was making his second straight start as Craig Anderson recovers from a stiff neck. "I think the "D" is helping me a lot to see pucks and boxing out," said Lehner. "I think were getting a little better chemistry and it feels good." Bobby Ryan and Kyle Turris, with an empty netter, also scored for the Senators (6-6-4), who posted back-to-back wins for just the second time this season. Andrei Markov scored the lone goal for the Canadiens (8-8-1) as Carey Price faced 24 shots. Montreal is winless in its last four games. "Its normal for everyone to be disappointed as we all want to win," said Montreal coach Michel Therrien. "Especially after playing a solid road game, but well concentrate on the good things we saw." Despite giving up four goals Therrien had no complaints as to how his team performed. "I thought we deserved a better fate. I thought we were the team that dictated the game and we had some great scoring chances, but we couldnt capitalize on them so that was a big difference." The game opened a five-game homestand for the Senators, who have struggled at home as of late with a 2-3-2 record. With Ottawa holding a two-goal lead Lehner was instrumental holding off the Canadiens in the third, stopping all 11 shots he faced. "I thought Robin gave us a lot of confidence," said Senators coach Paul MacLean. "Hes been very consistent, very solid." Despite being outshot 14-6 in the second the Senators, with 19,292 on hand marking their first sellout of the season, managed to take a 3-1 lead on goals by two Ottawa natives. Methot made it 2-1 midway through the period as he picked up Markovs clearing attempt and beat Price high. Just 37 seconds later Borowiecki scored his first NHL goal as his shot from just inside the blue-line made it through traffic. Borowiecki was recalled from the AHL less than a week ago, but MacLean believes hes had an immediate impact. "I think hes given some life to some of us that were maybe sagging a little bit," admitted MacLean. "Thats a great credit to him and his leadership abilities that hes able to come in and have an influence on the team." The Senators didnt get off to a great start in their own end, forcing Lehner to make a number of big saves. The Canadiens opened the scoring with Markovs power-play goal midway through the first period, but the lead was short-lived as the Senators tied it less than 30 seconds later. Ryan, with his team-leading ninth of the season, beat Price with Turris creating a screen. This was the first of five games between the two teams this season. Thursdays game also marked the first meeting between the teams since Ottawa eliminated Montreal in five games during last springs Eastern Conference quarter-finals. Notes: There was a scary moment for the Senators after RW Chris Neil took a puck to the face early in the third period. He did return to the game, but was already bruised. ... D Patrick Wiercioch and D Joe Corvo were a healthy scratch for the Senators. RW Erik Condra missed the game with a sprained muscle in his right leg and G Craig Anderson is day-to-day with a stiff neck. ... The Canadiens were without Daniel Briere (concussion), Brandon Prust (shoulder), Alexei Emelin (knee) and Davis Drewiske (shoulder). D Greg Pateryn was a healthy scratch. ray ban lunettes de soleil pas cher . -- Will Power and Penske Racing are back in a familiar position at Barber Motorsports Park: Starting in the pole position at a track where they dominated until last year. lunettes soleil ray ban pas cher . "Youre throwing that double to win the game," he said after beating John Morris 7-4. He said his third, Ryan Fry, told him it was coming. "Fry said it to me, Youre going to have a double either way here and were playing it. http://www.raybanlunettepascher.com/[/... .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League staff. [url=http://www.raybanlunettepascher.com/]ray ban pas cher femme . Zach McAllister wasnt nervous, either. lunettes de soleil ray ban femme pas cher . -- It was Kansas Citys most lopsided season-opening victory in 50 years, a perfect start to the Andy Reid era.EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Adreian Payne returned and Keith Appling sat out. Just another night in this injury-plagued season for Michigan State, which is still right there at the top of the Big Ten standings. "I just feel that were in the hunt right now," Spartans coach Tom Izzo said. "After what weve gone through, were in the hunt, and thats what I told our players. Youve got to be in the hunt before you get a chance to win a championship." Payne scored 12 points in his first game back from a foot injury, and the ninth-ranked Spartans kept pace in the league race with an 82-67 victory over Penn State on Thursday night. Payne hadnt played since Jan. 7 because of a sprained foot, but although he didnt start Thursday, he did play 18 minutes, going 5 of 9 from the field. "It felt good to be back on the court," Payne said. "Overall, Im satisfied." The Spartans (20-3, 9-1 Big Ten) were still nowhere near full strength. Appling, who has been dealing with a wrist problem, sat out, and Branden Dawson is still out with a broken hand. Izzo said he has no idea if Appling will be ready for Sundays game at Wisconsin. "It just has been getting worse and worse," Izzo said. "He falls a lot. I told him hes got to go to gymnastics class -- learn how to fall without landing on your wrist. ... I know this, out of every guy Ive got on my team, hes the toughest. If he can play, hell play." Kenny Kaminski scored a career-high 19 points for the Spartans. Tim Frazier scored 22 points for Penn State (12-11, 3-7), which had its three-game winning streak snapped. Despite all of its injury woes, Michigan State is tied for first with rival Michigan atop the Big Ten. Everyone else in the conference is at least three games back. Payne missed Michigan States loss to Michigan late last month, and the crowd gave him a nice ovation when he repported to the scorers table to check in for the first time Thursday.dddddddddddd Payne entered with 16:21 left in the first half and made his first shot, from just inside the three-point line. "It was like Willis Reed coming off the bench," Penn State coach Patrick Chambers said referring to the New York Knicks captains dramatic playoff appearance in 1970. "The crowd was going crazy -- standing ovation." Payne was active throughout the first half but also seemed tired at times. Perhaps that was to be expected after he was out for about a month. The Spartans went on an 11-0 run to take a 22-8 lead. A three-pointer by Kaminski made it 35-16, and the Nittany Lions never threatened. Matt Costello capped the first half with a dunk while being fouled with 12 seconds left. His three-point play gave Michigan State a 46-30 lead. It was 61-44 after Kaminskis 3-pointer from near the top of the key banked in off the glass, and a 3-pointer by Gary Harris pushed the lead to 20. Kaminski went 7 of 9 from the field, 5 of 6 from three-point range. That enabled the Spartans to withstand Applings absence and 5-for-16 shooting by Harris. Denzel Valentine had a big game for Michigan State with 11 points, 11 rebounds, six assists and four steals. "Early in the game he was, I guess Id say out of control there," Izzo said. "We took him out and settled him down a little bit, and then I thought he played phenomenal." Michigan State has won 20 games for the 14th time in the last 17 seasons. Frazier needed two assists to set Penn States career record, but he only managed one, tying the mark of 600 by Freddie Barnes. Frazier went 9 of 14 from the field and 3 for 4 from three-point range. The rest of the team was 2 for 18 from beyond the arc. Penn States D.J. Newbill scored 17 points but missed all seven of his attempts from 3-point range. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes