Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

laying with people I am not looking - Country Musi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

laying with people I am not looking

Started by wff0605, 2014/06/23 08:42AM
Latest post: 2014/06/23 08:42AM, Views: 341, Posts: 1
laying with people I am not looking
#1   2014/06/23 08:42AM
wff0605
Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment president and CEO Tim Leiweke has big plans for Toronto FC, and its going to start with a search for two premier strikers. Speaking to TSNs Brian Williams, Leiweke outlined some of his short-term plans to improve the club in time for the 2014 season. "Im going to be in Europe in the next few weeks to find two world class strikers for that soccer team once and for all - stop the chatter and perform and deliver." Williams asked Leiweke if there is a David Beckham-type individual in TFCs future. "I loved David Beckham. (He was) once in a lifetime, (but) youre never going to find a brand like that. "Are we going to be able to get a player as good or better than David Beckham? Yes." Leiweke discussed his role in resuscitating a soccer club that has not had a winning season since debuting as an MLS expansion team in 2007. "The soccer team is probably the most troubled of all of our children, and that requires time on that child," said Leiweke. "Theyre in trouble, and theyre lost, and were talking about a franchise that if we dont fix, we may lose it forever. Im not going to let that happen. Right now Im spending a lot of time with the small child." Leiweke also spoke about some of the changes that have been made with the team since he came aboard June 30, most notably the firing of Toronto FC president and GM Kevin Payne. "I think one of the hard parts of this job, and one of the hard parts of my first four months, is the tough decisions that weve had to make here. And some of them have not been easy. Ive known (Payne) for 20 years. And so its not easy to sit there and let go of a man that hasnt even been given a year to be successful. "But I believe we had to make that decision and we once and for all had to get that club right." Marco Urena World Cup Jersey . The right-hander spent 90 long minutes thinking about the bases-loaded, two-out jam that awaited him when he walked back on the field. He stretched. He played catch. Then he breathed. The one thing he didnt do was panic. Diego Calvo Jersey . De Villota was 33. De Villotas sister, Isabel, said an autopsy indicated that she had died in her sleep around 6 a.m. local time due to "neurological damage" from her crash in July 2012. De Villota lost an eye in the accident but had since seemingly recovered from the wreck -- even driving again, writing a book about it, and recently getting married. http... . Ovechkin scored his 10th goal of the season and added an assist as the Washington Capitals won their third in a row, defeating the Oilers 4-1 on Thursday. [url=http://www.costaricasoccershop.com/Randall-Brenes-World-Cup-Jersey.html]Ran... Brenes Costa Rica Jersey . Nor have any two teams met in as many Game 7s as the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins eight - with the Bruins taking the most recent one last spring en route to a Stanley Cup win. ... Bolanos Soccer Jersey . Walker toiled on the PGA Tour for seven years and 187 tournaments without winning. Now it appears the stars have aligned for him. That certainly was the case Sunday in the Sony Open. In a wild final round, where four players were in the mix with an hour to go, Walker followed a clutch par save with three straight birdies to pull away from the pack. TORONTO -- Bob Watson of the Toronto Rock, one of the greatest lacrosse goaltenders of all time, will play his last pro game Sunday afternoon, while Tyler Richards of the Washington Stealth, the best of the new breed, will try to outplay him in the National Lacrosse League final for the second year in a row. Its going to be quite a show. Watson is 41 and Richards is 24. "Bob Watson was my favourite goalie growing up so there is always a bit of a nostalgia factor but I think now that I have played him three times Im used to it," says Richards. "He is arguably the best goalie to ever play the game and has five championships for a reason. "I know he is going to want to retire on a high so I am expecting nothing but his best on Sunday but, at the same time, my goal is to be better." Washington won the Champions Cup game 15-11 on its floor a year ago, despite being outshot 61-47 and trailing 10-8 at the start of the fourth quarter, and now Toronto wants to get even. "I know Bob will want us to approach this like any other game because he is the ultimate team player but if you ask any of the guys in the locker-room we would all tell you that there is a big part of us all that will be playing for him on Sunday," says Rock defenceman Pat Merrill. Stealth attacker Jeff Zywicki says he and his teammates are well aware of Watsons reputation of being at his best when it matters most. "He makes you work for every goal," says Zywicki. "We need to find a way to get the ball past him or its going to be a tough night for us." Rock captain Colin Doyle was captain of the Stealth when Richards broke into the NLL in 2009, and hes seen Richards develop the same best-in-the-clutch persona for which Watson is known. "He is a great goalie and seems to play better with more at stake," says Doyle. "We are going to have to do our best to earn quality looks at the net and be sure to be sharp around the net as he doesnt let soft ones in." Both goalies have quick reflexes and challenge shooters. "Hes aggressive, much like a goalie in hockey," Rock attacker Blaine Manning says of Richards. "Hes one of the best young goalies in the sport and its going to be real difficult to get the ball past him." Washington won playoff games 14-8 in Minnesota and 10-8 at Calgary to make it to Sundays final at the Air Canada Centre. "The results show how good T-Rich has been this post-season," says Stealth forward Rhys Duch. "He is a good goalie during the season but obviously steps up when its do or die. We wouldnt be where we are without him." Most importantly, with Zywicki and Kyle Sorensen back in the lineup after injury absences, Washington is healthy and hungry. "We have a great dressing room with a bunch of guys who are willing to do anything for each other and when things arentt going well we are able to make the adjustments without getting down on each other," says Richards.dddddddddddd Toronto won 10-8 at home against Rochester and eked out a 12-11 win in Buffalo to get to the final. "I think that our determination and will to win have carried us through the playoffs so far," says Merrill. "We very much believe in each other and we are committed to our game plan. "We understand that the best overall team effort will win on Sunday and trying our very best to achieve that will be our focus." Toronto was 10-6 and Washington was 8-8 during the regular season. Toronto won 13-12 in overtime at home April 1. "I know for a fact they are a better team than their record," says Doyle. "Their eastern trip showed that. Losing to us in overtime and beating the Bandits in Buffalo is no simple task for a team travelling across the continent. They are deep at every position and have great goaltending. They will be tough to beat." Richards predicts "a similar game (to April 1) being decided by one or two goals." Merrill describes the Stealth as "a very dynamic and explosive team that can score in bunches." "We have to limit their multiple-goal runs if we can," he says. "The last game showed how evenly matched the two teams are and we will have to play a complete 60-minute game to beat them." Toronto is 8-1 at home this year but that doesnt scare Stealth players. "I dont think there is anything that intimidates this team," says Duch. "You arent going to be a winning team if you can be intimidated. Everyone wants to play at home but we are 7-3 on the road this year. Does that intimidate them? I think we can do it because we had a great team last year and have only gotten better." The Rock is back to playing to its potential after slacking off at the end of the regular season. "We have gotten back to what works for us: hard work and team work," says Doyle. "When we outwork teams and stick with our game plan, we have success. Nothing changes this week. The recipe for success is the same." Adds Manning: "Weve endured all season long. Towards the end of the regular season when we lost four out of our last five, we were left for dead but we continued to stick together and work through things as a team. Were a good all-around team with great goaltending, good defence and good offence. Were a solid, unselfish team." Canadas team for the world indoor championships flies to Europe on Tuesday evening, when Doyle, Merrill, Sandy Chapman and Stephan Leblanc of the Rock and Richards, Duch, Zywicki and Jeff Moleski of the Stealth become teammates for the May 21-28 tournament in Prague. "Im looking forward to playing with people I am not looking forward to playing against this weekend," says Duch. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes