Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

xtends Evertons league unbeaten run at home to 12 ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

xtends Evertons league unbeaten run at home to 12 games and moves the Toffees ab

Started by lili, 2014/06/22 08:29AM
Latest post: 2014/06/22 08:29AM, Views: 243, Posts: 1
xtends Evertons league unbeaten run at home to 12 games and moves the ...
#1   2014/06/22 08:29AM
lili
Varennes, Que.s Alexandre Émond was defeated by ippon by Great Britains Winston Gordon in his opening match in the mens -90kg judo event on Day 5 at London 2012. “I feel pretty bad, its not what I expected,” Émond said. “I came here with hope.” Coming off a shoulder injury, the 28-year-old Canadian could not muster much offence before he was thrown on his back at 1:43 for a convincing win by the Brit on Wednesday. Émond, who was ranked higher at No. 14, said the fact that Gordon was fighting at home was not a factor. “The crowd didnt affect me,” Émond said. “I was in the zone.” He believes the injury, which kept him from training as much as he wanted, played more of a role than he had hoped. “I plan to have surgery on my shoulder next,” he added. “I thought I was ready for it, but I wasnt.” Later, Whitby, Ont.s Kelita Zupancic was also stopped by ippon in the womens-70kg division. Facing world No. 1 Lucie Decosse, Zupancic held the top-ranked Frenchwoman at bay for most of regulation as the talented 22-year-old did not appear completely out of her league in her Olympic Games debut. But the 2008 Beijing silver medallist at -63kg finally managed to put Zupancic on her back with a leg hook (ko-soto-gari) at 4:31 for the victory. Afterward, Zupancic did not seem overly disappointed with her effort. "I came here to fight the best and she is the best. Its the Olympics," she said. Zupancic had spent a year training in Japan, where judo was invented in 1882, with the Komatsu Judo Club in Tokyo. She went on a special contract given to one non-Japanese judoka, an experience she considered an "honour." Upon return to Canada, she won a bronze medal in April at the Pan American Judo Championships in Montreal, which secured her berth at London 2012. "I was eight years old when I decided I wanted to go to the Olympic Games," Zupancic said after her loss. "This journey has been far from easy. It was extremely hard, the preparation is only physical, you cannot prepare mentally." Decosse wasted no time at all in her second match, sweeping Colombias Yuris Alvear for another ippon at the 10-second mark. The 30-year-old Decosse, who is also the two-time defending world champion at 70 kilograms, was in form and is expected to advance to at least the final. Her task to win her first Olympic gold medal might have gotten easier as No. 2 Edith Bosch of the Netherlands, was knocked off in the quarter-finals by Germanys Kerstin Thiele after she surrendered an early waza-ari. There were a couple of big upsets on the mens side as the top two seeds Ilias Iliadis of Greece and Japans Masashi Nishiyama were upset in the quarter-finals. Iliadis, who won gold at -81kg at Athens 2004, was outworked by 12th-ranked Kirill Denisov of Russia and lost on two yuko throws. Nishiyama got behind early in his bout against 17th-ranked Song Dae-Nam of South Korea and a late waza-ari wasnt enough to overcome the deficit as Song won by a yuko. Coach Outlet . JOHNS, N. Coach Factory Outlet . ANTON, Austria -- Lindsey Vonn is set to make her return at World Cup downhill training in Austria on Thursday after an absence of more than three weeks because of an intestinal illness. [url=http://www.official-coach-shop.com/]http://www.official-coach-shop.com/[/ur... . Diamond, from Guelph, Ont., was immediately ejected after the left-handers pitch behind Hamiltons head in the third inning of Thursday nights game. The suspension and undisclosed fine were announced by Joe Garagiola Jr.LIVERPOOL, England -- Everton scored twice in stoppage time to beat Tottenham 2-1 at Goodison Park on Sunday and move into fourth place in the Premier League table. Tottenham took the lead when forward Clint Dempsey opened the scoring in the 76th minute from long range after taking a pass from Tom Huddlestone and turning neatly into space. Dempseys strike took a slight deflection before looping over goalkeeper Tim Howard. But the home side came tto life in stoppage time with Steven Pienaar scoring against his former club with a header from Seamus Colemans cross before Nikica Jelavic secured the win with a close-range finish from Apostolos Vellios cross.dddddddddddd. The victory extends Evertons league unbeaten run at home to 12 games and moves the Toffees above their north London opponents in the standings on goal difference. Tottenham drops to fifth place with 27 points. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes