Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Washington Redskins vs New England Patriots - Coun...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Washington Redskins vs New England Patriots

Started by douhua2233, 2018/10/22 10:12PM
Latest post: 2018/10/22 10:12PM, Views: 118, Posts: 1
Washington Redskins vs New England Patriots
#1   2018/10/22 10:12PM
douhua2233
Schedule Shawn Lauvao Jersey , TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Odds, and more The preseason is finally here and there will be a Redskins football game on tomorrow night! Washington travels north to face the team who fumbled the Super Bowl away, the New England Patriots.The Redskins will be missing several starters on offense(Trent Williams, Morgan Moses, Chris Thompson, Jamison Crowder), and will have a few more that will be limited if they play at all(Jordan Reed, Josh Doctson). This means a short Redskins debut for QB Alex Smith, and a whole lotta Colt McCoy!Redskins fans will have to wait a little longer to see 1st round pick Daron Payne on the field, but last year's top pick Johnathan Allen should be out there. Everyone is looking forward to seeing rookie RB Derrius Guice hit the field in the Burgundy and Gold. He has been popular in Washington since before he even got drafted. There will be plenty of future Mason/Brennan stars emerging from the shadows of training camp tomorrow night. Can Not Wait!Matchup: Washington Redskins(0-0) vs New England Patriots(0-0) Date/Time: Thursday, Aug. 9 | 7:30 p.m. ETLocation: Gillette Stadium (65,878) | Foxborough, Mass.TELEVISION: NBC4/NBC Sports Washington Kenny Albert (play-by-play) Joe Theismann (color)Clinton Portis (sidelines)RADIO: Redskins Radio Network Larry Michael (play-by-play) Chris Cooley (analysis) Rick “Doc” Walker (sidelines)Live Streaming: NFL.com Game Pass, fuboTVOdds: Redskins +3Series history, news and notesPrediction: Redskins 24 - Patriots 20Enemy Blog: PatsPulpitThe 5 O’Clock Club: What I learned this week... The 5 o’clock club is published Wednesday to Saturday during the season, and aims to provide a forum for reader-driven discussion at a time of day when there isn’t much NFL news being published. Feel free to introduce topics that interest you in the comments below.The Cardinals are bad.Really bad.The Colts are not the same as the Cardinals.Rod Marinelli outcoached Pat Schurmer.The Giants blundered by using the 2nd overall draft pick to draft Saquon Barkley.The Texans are not as good as I thought they would be.One team in the NFL is guaranteed to still be winless this time next week, and there could easily be 3 or 4 teams without a “W” going into Week 4.The Chiefs are better than I thought they would be.The Buccaneers are a lot better than I thought they would be, and Desean Jackson is officially an ‘Eagle Killer’.Why does that seem ironic?Going into Week 3, the Redskins are the only team with four receivers who were drafted with a top-40 pick.Why doesn’t that fill me with pride and confidence?NFL.com’s Power Rankings have the winless Steelers ranked 16th. That’s criminal negligence from Harrison.The Bengals just might be pretty good, and the AFC North looks like a wide-open division this year.The Packers got robbed by a horrible penalty call that could end up costing them a playoff spot at the end of the season.The Jaguars are absolutely for real.The Redskins are the only team in the NFC East that has outscored their opponents in the first two weeks; they currently stand at +6. Eagles are second at 0.Somehow, the Giants & Cowboys Au... Deshazor Everett Jersey , despite playing each other this week, have both managed to accumulate a negative points differential over 2 games.The Lions and the Bills have both given up 78 points through the first two weeks of the season, tied for worst in the league.Each team has a head coach who ‘made his bones’ as a high-profile defensive coordinator.Only the Cardinals (6) and the Bills (23) have scored fewer points through two games than the 28 scored by the Dallas Cowboys.I suck at playing Survivor football competitions.In a 3-life league, I have only one life left after just two weeks.“Business Friday” isn’t going to be a thing going forward, but for D.J. Swearinger, it’s Business Sunday every week.Matt Ioannidis and Jonathan Allen are good football players.After two weeks, the Redskins lead the NFL in two key defensive stats: total yards allowed and passing yards allowed.Don’t believe me?Note that 5 of the 10 defensive leader spots shown above are held by NFCE teams.Also, the Eagles rank first in rushing yards allowed.None of the NFCE teams is in the top 5 in the three key offensive measures (rush yards, pass yards, tot yards).Not sure what to make of all that.I don’t mind the Redskin offense taking ten yard underneath pass plays if that’s “what the defense is giving them”... but not when they’re down by two scores with less than 6 minutes to play.The Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys and Giants are closely grouped in total points scored, with ranks of 22nd for Philly, 25th for ‘Skins, and the two others tied for 27th.In Defensive scoring given up, the NFCE teams rank: Redskins 3rd, Cowboys 5th, Eagles 10th, Giants 12th.Aldrick Robinson must be a much better player than we thought he was.Elliott Harrison’s love for the Redskins is not unconditional.I must remember not to laugh at another team’s fan base for thinking their team has an opportunity to actually compete against the Redskins, or even win.They just might be right.Fan base mood swings are frightening.Things could always be worse; my father grew up in New York, and I could have grown up a Giants fan.So, what did you learn this week?

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes