Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

and Zach Miskovic replied for Chicago - Country Mu...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

and Zach Miskovic replied for Chicago

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/24 05:18AM
Latest post: 2014/04/24 05:18AM, Views: 279, Posts: 1
and Zach Miskovic replied for Chicago
#1   2014/04/24 05:18AM
wxq123
BEREA, Ohio -- With as much purpose as any tackle hes ever made, Scott Fujita delivered a shot to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Angered by Goodells handling of the New Orleans Saints bounties scandal, Fujita accused the commissioner of misusing his power, questioned his record on player safety, and the Browns linebacker vowed to keep fighting to clear his name. "The commissioner says he is disappointed in me," Fujita said. "The truth is, Im disappointed in him." One day after Goodell reduced his three-game suspension to one for alleged involvement in the Saints pay-for-hits program and ruled on the penalties for three other players, Fujita took on the commissioner in a strongly worded statement. Fujita charged Goodell with "abuse of power" and expressed his displeasure with the way his suspension was lessened. On Tuesday, Goodell sent Fujita a letter in which he chastised the 10-year veteran and member of the NFL Players Associations executive committee for not doing more to stop his former teammates in New Orleans from taking part in the "bounty" program. Goodell wrote to Fujita that he was "surprised and disappointed by the fact that you, a former defensive captain and a passionate advocate for player safety, ignored such a program and permitted it to continue. ... . If you had spoken up, perhaps other players would have refused to participate and the consequences with which we are now dealing could have been avoided." Fujita was angered by the "condescending tone" in Goodells letter -- and most of its content. "For him to come out and say he was disappointed in me for not standing up to my coach," Fujita said after practice Wednesday. "I havent had someone tell me they were disappointed in me since I was 12 years old, and that was my father." Fujita was pleased Goodell all but exonerated him from any involvement in the Saints mess, but was incensed the commissioner felt it necessary to chastise him for not stepping in and trying to stop the rogue program. "I thought it was uncalled for and inappropriate," Fujita said. Fujita will appeal his one-game suspension and intends to play Sunday when the winless Browns (0-5) host the Cincinnati Bengals. Fujita has maintained his innocence in the scandal since it first broke in March. Seven months later, Fujita hasnt changed his stance and felt a recent Sept. 28 meeting with Goodell was "respectful and productive," which is why hes puzzled the commissioner would come down so hard. "I went in and no punches were thrown," Fujita said of meeting Goodell in New York. "Everybody was kind. So, yeah, I was a little bit taken aback by it. It didnt have to go there at all. It just felt like one more personal jab." After reading Goodells letter, Fujita said he began preparing a statement to rebuke the commissioner. Fujitas wife, Jaclyn, urged him to "cool down and sleep on it" before he sent something he would regret. For Fujita, Goodells implication that he was hypocritical about player safety hurt most. "For him to speak to me as if Im cavalier about player health and safety, thats when I said enough is enough," Fujita said. The way Fujita sees it, Goodell overstepped his boundaries. "Its just a power-run-amok situation," he said. "Obviously, the scope of the conduct-detrimental powers that have been afforded him are broad, but there has been clear abuse of power that has been afforded to him." In his statement, Fujita said Goodells new ruling "seems like an extremely desperate attempt to punish me. I also think it sets a dangerous precedent when players can be disciplined for not challenging the behaviour of their superiors. This is an absolute abuse of the power thats been afforded to the Commissioner." Fujita said if the wording in Goodells letter had not been so offensive he may have accepted the lesser suspension without a fight. On Tuesday, Goodell upheld the suspensions of Jonathan Vilma and Will Smith and reduced penalties for Fujita and Anthony Hargrove. Vilma will sit out the entire season and Smiths punishment stands at four games. Hargrove, a free agent defensive lineman, will face a two-game suspension once he signs with a team. He originally was hit with eight games, but that was reduced to seven with five games already served. The players were implicated in what the NFL said was a bounty pool run by former Saints defensive co-ordinator Gregg Williams and paid improper cash bonuses for hits that injured opponents. The players have acknowledged a pool but denied they intended to injure anyone. Fujita insists the bounty program never existed. Goodells new ruling comes about a month after an appeals panel created by the NFLs labour agreement vacated the original suspensions on technical grounds during Week 1 of the regular season. The panel informed Goodell he needed to clarify the reasons for the punishment. Fujita feels a personal connection to the player safety issue. He was at the bargaining table for the players during contract talks when they successfully fought for changes. Fujitas close friend and former Saints teammate Steve Gleason is afflicted with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS, an incurable disease that medical studies say could be lined to head injuries. Fujita knows his fights not over. And hes not worried about any repercussions for his criticism of Goodell. "This is how I feel about things," he said with a shrug. "Ive been very clear about it since back in March, so I dont think it could get any worse." wholesale jerseys . -- The Kansas City Royals designated Jonathan Sanchez for assignment on Tuesday, cutting the struggling starter one week after Melky Cabrera, the player they traded away to get the pitcher, was named MVP of the All-Star game. wholesale nfl jerseys . The Texans moved to 3-0 for the first time in franchise history by beating old nemesis Peyton Manning and the Broncos on Sunday. Houston is one of three unbeaten teams left, along with Arizona and Atlanta, heading into Sundays game against Tennessee (1-2) at Reliant Stadium. http://www.cheapnfljerseysforsale... . It was hardly a dramatic event, but it did give the Goldeyes a chance with Price Kendall coming to the plate. This time, however, Kendall didnt need to do anything except get out of the way. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseysforsale.us.com/]cheap jerseys nfl . For the first two years after he joined the Los Angeles Galaxy in 2007, he was more of a brand than a player, his impact at Americas cash registers far greater than any transformation on the field. cheap jerseys from china . Then they really won them over with their play on the ice. Gabriel Landeskog and David Jones scored 1:35 apart in the final period to help Colorado rally for a 3-1 win over the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night in the Avalanches home opener. CHICAGO -- Paul Byron scored at the 12:18 mark of the third period to lift the Abbotsford Heat over the Chicago Wolves 3-2 on Saturday in American Hockey League action. Ben Street and Krys Kolanos had the other goals for Abbotsford (16-8-6), while Danny Taylor made 25 savees for the win.dddddddddddd. Darren Archibald and Zach Miskovic replied for Chicago (13-11-4), while Matt Climie stopped 24 shots in net. The Heat didnt score on their one power-play opportunity, while the Wolves couldnt score on their two man advantages. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes