Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

in Austria. “The team here did a great job in ge...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

in Austria. “The team here did a great job in general of going out and imposing our style o

Started by amy11, 2014/03/09 07:51AM
Latest post: 2014/07/16 03:20AM, Views: 2213, Posts: 2
in Austria. “The team here did a great job in general of going out a...
#1   2014/03/09 07:51AM
amy11
NEW YORK -- Jon Lester shut down the Yankees offence for seven innings, Adrian Gonzalez provided an early lead with a two-run homer and the Boston Red Sox beat New York 4-1 Saturday for a badly needed win. Yankees nemesis Pedro Ciriaco was 4 for 4, raising his average against New York this year to .517 (15 for 29), and Boston reliever Craig Breslow and catcher Ryan Lavarnway became what is thought to be the first all-Yale battery in the major leagues since 1883. The fourth-place Red Sox won for just the fourth time in 11 games as they try to right their foundering season. Lester (7-10) won consecutive starts for the first time since mid-May, allowing five hits with four strikeouts and two walks. Curtis Granderson homered in the fourth for the Yankees only run, then doubled leading off the seventh only to be stranded on third. Before defeating Cleveland 14-1 last Sunday, Lester had gone 0-5 with a 7.49 ERA in seven starts from the start of July. He had trouble locating at first and needed 24 pitches to get through his opening inning, when Derek Jeters walk and Nick Swishers single gave the Yankees two on with no outs. He struck out Robinson Cano, retired Andruw Jones on a slow bouncer to third and fanned Casey McGehee. After Andrew Bailey started the eighth and gave up a one-out single to Swisher, Breslow induced an inning-ending, double-play grounder from Cano, who is in a 1-for-21 skid. Ryan Lavarnway was behind the plate, and according to STATS LLC and baseballreference.com, the only previous all-Yale battery was in 1883 when the Philadelphia Athletics Jack Jones pitched to Al Hubbard. The Red Sox said they had been talking with Yale in recent days and had not yet been able to confirm that. Alfredo Aceves pitched the ninth for his 25th save in 31 chances. David Phelps (3-4), making his second spot start while CC Sabathia is on the disabled list, gave up three runs and seven hits in 6 2-3 innings, struck out seven and walked none. He fanned Cody Ross three times, all on breaking balls. Swisher had three hits and is hitting .348 (16 for 46) since he was moved into the No. 2 slot in the batting order. Boston moved ahead right away. Carl Crawford singled with one out in the first and stole second, and with two outs Gonzalez homered into the left-field seats. Grandersons 32nd homer -- his 11th off a left-hander -- cut the deficit in the fourth. Boston came right back in the fifth when Ciriaco singled with one out and scored on Nick Puntos double into the right-field corner. Punto helped Lester avoid trouble in the fifth. Ichiro Suzuki singled with one out and stole second, and Jeter hit a hard one-hopper to third. The ball bounced off Puntos glove into the air, and he grabbed the ball with his bare hand and threw to first for the out. Swisher then struck out on a check swing. Ciriaco doubled in the ninth, sending Scott Podsednik to third, and Cody Eppley threw a run-scoring wild pitch. NOTES: Red Sox LHP Brian Johnson, a first-round draft pick in June, was hit on the face with a line drive in a Future Games at Bostons Fenway Park. Johnson sustained multiple orbital bone fractures on the left side of his face, Red Sox spokeswoman Pam Ganley said. He was taken to a hospital, where she said he was resting comfortably. There were no signs of a concussion. ... The AL East will meet the NL West in interleague play next year, according to the draft schedule MLB sent to teams. The Yankees are to play San Francisco and Arizona at home and to travel to Los Angeles, San Diego and Colorado. ... Dustin Pedroia doubled in the eighth, extending his hitting streak to 13 games. ... INF Mauro Gomez was recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket and LHP Felix Doubront was placed on the 15-day DL with a bruised right knee. The Doubront move was retroactive to Aug. 10, and the Red Sox expect he will rejoin the rotation as soon as hes eligible to come off the DL. wholesale jerseys from china . The Saskatchewan Roughriders slotback announced his retirement Tuesday after 10 CFL seasons. nfl jerseys china . Rookie Christian Friedrich pitched four-hit ball for seven innings in the best start of his young career and the Rockies won for the seventh time in eight games, 4-0 over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday night. http://www.wholesalenfljerseyschin... . Officials arrived Friday at a Dallas-area hotel to discuss and vote on an eight-year agreement reached with the league late Wednesday. [url=http://www.wholesalenfljerseyschina.biz/]Wholesale nfl jerseys .Y. -- As if a deflating season-opening loss wasnt bad enough in putting a dent in the Buffalo Bills high expectations. Wholesale nfl jerseys china . In a game of wild swings and wild swings of emotion, the Tigers took a 4-0 lead into the ninth before Raul Ibanez struck again, hitting a tying, two-run homer with two outs that turned a sombre crowd into a delirious one. And then came a little grounder up the middle that devastated the Yankees and their fans, who saw their leader writhing on the ground, screaming in pain.The Canadian womens wrestling team dominated the international Austria Open, a twelve-nation tournament. Four Canadian women won gold medals – Jessica Macdonald in the 51 kg, two-time Olympic medallist Tonya Verbeek in the 55 kg, and Dorothy Yeats in the 67 kg and Leah Callahan in the 72 kg weight category. “I set some goals for the tournament and feel like I did a good job of achieving them,” said Tonya Verbeek. “I would have liked to face a couple more athletes I will be facing in London, however, I got to make the best of this and I am glad to get four decent matches here.” Olympic gold medallist Carol Huynh , pulled out before the event to rest an injury she had last week in Tokyo. “Even though I didnt get to compete here, it is still nice to see my team step out onto the mat and be a force to be reckoned with. It is pretty easy to be frustrated and disappointed when you miss competing in a tournament you want to be in," said Huynh. "I got to make sure I will be ready at the right time and there are still lots of things I feel I can learn and get out of this trip. We decided IIm just not quite ready to compete this weekend, but I feel like I am doing very well.dddddddddddd” Leah Callahan, who will also represent Canada at the London 2012 Olympic Games, also won gold in Austria, beating three competitors she will face in London. “I guess it felt pretty awesome… I cant remember being in a tournament where I had three super tough matches like that. I am very happy with the way I competed,” said Callahan. Leigh Vierling, head coach of the womens wrestling program was thrilled with the performance of the Canadian delegation in Austria. “The team here did a great job in general of going out and imposing our style of wrestling in the tournament," said Vierling. "I think we are one of the best ground wrestling teams in the world right now, which is exciting because all our athletes need is one opportunity on the ground to break a match wide open. “I also think our conditioning and mental toughness really showed when we found ourselves in a three-round match. You can see many of our opponents fade or start to panic as the match gets tougher.” ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes