Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

lays hockey and - Country Music Talk Forum. - Cou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

lays hockey and

Started by amy11, 2014/03/09 07:50AM
Latest post: 2014/07/16 03:20AM, Views: 1976, Posts: 2
lays hockey and
#1   2014/03/09 07:50AM
amy11
Paris, France (Sports Network) - Former runner-up Samantha Stosur and rising Italian Sara Errani were Tuesdays quarterfinal winners at the French Open. The sixth-seeded reigning U.S. Open champion Stosur handled 15th-seeded diminutive Slovak Dominika Cibulkova 6-4, 6-1 in 1 hour, 25 minutes on Court Chatrier at Stade Roland Garros. Cibulkova piled up 28 unforced errors and was broken five times on Day 10. Stosur trailed 0-1, love-40 in the second set before taking charge and winning the last six games of the match. The 2010 French Open runner-up is now 48-0 in Grand Slam matches after winning the opening set. "The last few years have been very good to me in Paris," Stosur said. "I love playing in Paris and it doesnt get any better than this." The 28-year-old Aussie Stosur will meet the 21st-seeded Errani in Thursdays semifinals. Stosur is a perfect 5-0 lifetime against Errani, including a straight-set victory in Rome last month. Errani upset 10th-seeded German Angelique Kerber in straight sets, 6-3, 7-6 (7-2), in 1 hour, 39 minutes Tuesday on Court Lenglen. The match featured 10 service breaks, including six by the winner from Bologna. The gritty Errani will now compete in her first-ever Grand Slam semifinal. With the win over the lefthanded Kerber, Errani will now become the highest- ranked Italian woman on the planet, ahead of former French Open champ and 2011 runner-up Francesca Schiavone. The 25-year-old Errani, who already owns three clay-court titles this season, had been 0-28 against top-10 players prior to Tuesday. She beat a pair of former French Open champs in Ana Ivanovic (2008) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (2009) in her previous two matches here. The womens quarterfinals will wrap up on Wednesday when second-seeded Russian star Maria Sharapova faces 23rd seed Kaia Kanepi of Estonia and fourth-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova will tangle with non-seed Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan. Shvedova toppled defending French Open champion Li Na here on Monday. Sharapova is a former world No. 1 and three-time major champion who needs a French Open title to complete a career Grand Slam. Kvitova captured her first career major title last year by beating Sharapova in the Wimbledon finale. The 25-year-old Sharapova was also this years Australian Open runner-up. This years first-time French Open champ will pocket $1.5 million. Dennis Rodman Bulls Jersey .500 tonight when they host the Kansas City Royals in the second portion of a four-game series at Rogers Centre. Carlos Boozer Jersey . Canada finished fourth in Pool B and will likely face the Americans in a quarterfinal game on Tuesday. The Americans are expected to finish first in Pool A but still have to face China later in the day. http://www.shopthechi... . "Releasing Scott was not an easy decision but I need to do what I think is best for the future of the Edmonton Rush," said Rush head coach and general manager Derek Keenan. [url=http://www.shopthechicagobulls.com/Michael-Jordan-Jersey/]Michael Jordan Jersey . No, its not Dwight Howard. The Rockets announced Tuesday that Turkish big man Omer Asik is headed to Houston after the Chicago Bulls decided not to match their three-year, $25 million offer sheet. Chicago Bulls Jersey . Blantons deal includes a team option for 2015, a person familiar with the negotiations said Wednesday, speaking on condition of anonymity because the deal was pending a physical. Burnetts agreement also is pending a physical. Blanton, who turns 32 next week, was 10-13 with a 4.COQUITLAM, B.C. -- Brooke Henderson is set to make history when she tees off at the CN Canadian Womens Open. The 14-year-old Smiths Falls, Ont., native will become the youngest golfer ever to compete in the tournament, which opens Thursdays at the Vancouver Golf Club. "Its definitely pretty awesome, especially when you look at all the great players on the LPGA Tour now and all the great players that have come before me," she said Wednesday. According to Golf Canada officials, Lexi Thompson of the U.S. was the previous youngest golfer to compete in this tournament, at age 15, in 2010 in Winnipeg. Now 17, Thompson will is also be competing here this weekend. Henderson, a member of Golf Canadas development squad, gained entry by winning a CN Canadian Womens Tour event earlier this year in Beloeil, Que. She became the youngest ever golfer -- male or female -- to win a professional tournament, but had to decline the prize money because she is still an amateur. She has also captured the Canadian and Ontario junior girls championships this summer. "Im just really looking forward to the week, and I just want to stick to the game plan that Ive come up with after looking at the course for the last few days," said Henderson, who is entering grade 10. "Im just really looking forward to the experience, and I just want to take all of the experience with me in the future years." In addition to a Canadian title, Henderson dreams of playing on a golf scholarship at the University of Florida and one day becoming a regular on the LPGA Tour. She got into golf by watching her older sister Brittany, who is a member of the Central Carolina University womens team. Henderson says her games strength is based on the ability to stay in the fairway off the tee and have a chance att the green on the second shot.ddddddddddddHer short game has also improved considerably in recent weeks. Unlike many other teens, Henderson does not have a Twitter handle or a Facebook page. But she is not worried about missing out on other things that teens typically enjoy. "I just love to play, and I really enjoy playing," she said. "I just want to continue to get better and improve my game in all aspects. Hopefully, in the years to come, I can be a great player -- and win." National womens team coach Tristan Mullally says Henderson has excelled through her mental strength, discipline, planning and willingness to analyse her game and improve. "She shows a level of maturity way beyond her years, which is a real advantage for her," he said. The coach has emphasized the need for Henderson not to become awestruck out on the links. "Theres going to be a lot of people that shes seen on TV, a lot of people that she aspires to," said Mullally. "She certainly has her game together to compete from that perspective. But we also see players as someone she can learn from, and she has a lot of respect for them and their game. So its more of an eyes-open approach." He wants Henderson to soak up as much as she can from the LPGA veterans while bearing in mind she has to head back to hitting golf balls on the driving range and her usual life once the tournament ends. Noting that Henderson also plays hockey and other sports and has friends who are not golfers, He says hes not worried about her succumbing to the pressure from playing at an elite level at such a young age, and that her parents keep her well grounded. Plus, Ontarios winter weather prevents her from getting too consumed with golf. "She can manage," he said. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes