Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ght now were just feeling it out," he said. The la...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ght now were just feeling it out," he said. The last thing Suggs needs is to burst through the tunnel in Houston, start against the Texans and reinjure himself. "Thats always a concern," he said. "Thats why Ive got the people around me that I trust. Were

Started by amy11, 2014/03/05 05:41AM
Latest post: 2014/03/05 05:41AM, Views: 362, Posts: 1
ght now were just feeling it out," he said. The last thing Suggs needs...
#1   2014/03/05 05:41AM
amy11
KENNEWICK, Wash. -- Marcel Noebels scored the game-winner at 7:52 of overtime to lead the Portland Winterhawks to a 5-4 victory Friday night over the Tri-City Americans in the opening game of the Western Hockey League Western Conference final. "I thought the game was really even both ways," Portland coach Mike Johnston said. "It was a well played game. There wasnt a lot of extra stuff out there and I thought it was a disciplined game. I thought in the overtime they really outplayed us, but I thought for the most part the game was dead even." Portland, who had the lead four different times in regulation, made its one shot in the extra session count. Sven Bartschi made the assist on Noebels game-winning goal with a beautiful cross-ice pass. "I think the pass from Bartschi was incredible," Noebels said. "On that shot I thought go high. I shot it and it went in. We have to be smarter on those penalties. I think 5-on-5 we can beat them We have to stay out of the box. It was an amazing game out there." For every goal the Winterhawks scored, the Americans had an answer. Patrick Hollands second goal of the game, at 9:07 in the third period on the power play, tied the score at 3-3. Portland came back with a power-play goal by Joe Morrow at 10:56 as his shot from the left point glanced off Ty Rimmers pads and popped into the net for a 4-3 lead. Tri-City defenseman Mitch Topping, who had four goals during the regular season, took a pass off the back wall from Malte Stromwall and beat Mac Carruth in the top left corner of the net at 15:09 for his fourth goal of the playoffs and a tie game. Portland had a 1-0 lead after the first period, but Tri-Citys Brendan Shinnimin ran his scoring streak to 35 games, scoring from the between the circles on the power play at 6:26 to even the score. Two minutes later, Bartschi gave Portland a 2-1 lead, as his diving shot went high glove side on Rimmer. Cam Reid extended Portlands lead to 3-1 at 15:47 as his shot from inside the left face-off circle found the net for his fourth goal of the playoffs. The Americans, working on their second power play of the period, needed just 19 seconds to pull within 3-2 with a goal by Holland. Rimmer made several brilliant saves in the first, including a stop of a Bartschi breakaway. The rebound got away from Rimmer after the shot and Brendan Leipsic was there to clean up for his fourth goal of the playoffs with 19.9 seconds left in the period. The Americans had 14 shots on goal -- several up close and personal on Carruth -- but the Portland goalie denied them all. Carruth finished with 43 saves. Legault with three points as the Oil Kings take 1-0 series lead EDMONTON -- Stephane Legault scored twice and added an assist as the Edmonton Oil Kings defeated the visiting Moose Jaw Warriors 6-1 on Friday in Western Hockey League playoff action. Klarc Wilson scored once and set up two more for the Oil Kings, who have won all nine of their post-season games in 2012, while Rhett Rachinski and Curtis Lazar had a goal and an assist each. Tyler Maxwell added a single goal for Edmonton and Henrik Samuelsson chipped in with three assists. Jordan Wyton scored the lone goal for the Warriors, who lost for the first time in five outings. Laurent Brossoit stopped 29 shots for the win as Luke Siemens allowed five goals on 25 shots through 40 minutes of play. Spencer Tremblay came in for the third period and stopped five of six shots in relief. Edmonton went 1 for 2 on the power play while Moose Jaw failed to score on six chances with the man advantage. The Oil Kings now lead the Eastern Conference final 1-0 with Game 2 scheduled for Sunday in Edmonton at Rexall Place. wholesale jerseys .J. Burnett pitching on his regular day so he didnt miss the showdown with the Cincinnati Reds. china jerseys . No problem. Big comebacks are their specialty. Shannon Brown scored 14 of his 22 points in third quarter to bring Phoenix back, Jared Dudley had 20 points and the Suns added to their list of comebacks by beating the Sacramento Kings 101-90 Monday night. http://www.classyjersey.com/ . He said that improving the teams starting rotation is a top priority for the 2013 campaign. "Thats definitely going to be an area -- a major area -- of our concentration in the off-season," Anthopoulos said before the Blue Jays closed out their disappointing regular season with a 2-1 win over the Minnesota Twins. cheap jerseys from china . Head coach Randy Carlyle confirmed forward Joffrey Lupul suffered a fractured forearm in Wednesday nights win over the Pittsburgh Penguins. cheap jerseys free shipping . 15 or in any other game. He also said its a towel, not a substance, being investigated by the NFL. Turner was reacting Monday to an investigation by the NFL into whether the Chargers used a banned sticky substance during a 35-24 loss to Peyton Manning and the Broncos in which San Diego blew a 24-0 halftime lead.OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs hasnt ruled out the possibility of making his season debut Sunday against the Houston Texans. "Theres no plan in place," Suggs said Thursday. "Ive got to take it day by day. Come Sunday I may or may not be out there."" The notion of Suggs playing in Houston seems far-fetched, given that he practiced for the first time Wednesday after undergoing surgery in May on his torn right Achilles tendon. The Ravens also have a bye next week, which would enable Suggs further time to test the injury and get into football shape. "Its different between practicing and when the bullets are live," he acknowledged. "Youve just got to wait and see." Coach John Harbaugh was not available for comment, but he said previously the Ravens would not press Suggs back into action. After refusing to put a percentage on the odds that he would play, Suggs added, "Were just feeling it out, man. Its good to see me back out there but I dont want to jump the gun and rush back.dddddddddddd." But Suggs, 30, the 2011 NFL defensive player of the year and a five-time Pro Bowl star, simply couldnt bring himself to completely dismiss the notion of playing Sunday. "Im going to take it down to the last minute. Right now were just feeling it out," he said. The last thing Suggs needs is to burst through the tunnel in Houston, start against the Texans and reinjure himself. "Thats always a concern," he said. "Thats why Ive got the people around me that I trust. Were going to make the decision as a group, whether it would be better for me to sit out or suit up." Suggs shot down a report that members of his family were making the trip to Houston to watch him play. This much is certain: he has no desire to watch another game from the sideline. "Its been miserable," Suggs said. "Its like being a kid who cant go out and play. You see all your friends out and youre stuck in the house." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes