Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

a win that I can celebrate." ------ - Country Musi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

a win that I can celebrate." ------

Started by amy11, 2014/03/04 08:09AM
Latest post: 2014/03/04 08:09AM, Views: 358, Posts: 1
a win that I can celebrate." ------
#1   2014/03/04 08:09AM
amy11
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis tore his left Achilles tendon Sunday and will miss the rest of the season. Davis was injured in the first half of the Redskins 27-23 loss to the Giants. He needed help to the sideline and then onto a trainers table before he was carted to the locker room. "I didnt know what it was right away," Davis said. "I have never experienced anything like that. I was unable to walk and then I knew something really was wrong. "I was running my route and stuck my leg in and either got stepped on or it happened naturally." Davis was the teams leading receiver with 23 catches for 312 yards entering Sundays game. "I had a lot of things I wanted to do this year and I was doing it," he said. "Its very discouraging." Logan Paulsen stepped in for Davis and had four catches for 76 yards, including a key one on a fourth-down play in the fourth quarter. "Thats why I am on the team, for this moment," the third-year tight end said. "My job is to know everything he knows." Redskins linebacker London Fletcher, who has played in 231 successive games, left in the fourth quarter with a right hamstring injury. Coach Mike Shanahan called it a mild strain. In the second quarter, strong safety Reed Doughty left with a left knee strain, but returned in the second half. NFL Jerseys From China . The five-foot-11, 198-pound native of Narva, Estonia, was the Leafs seventh choice in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Komarov, 25, spent the past three seasons with Moscow Dynamo of the Kontinental Hockey League. wholesale jerseys . El Shaarawy scored his seventh league goal of the season 10 minutes from time to prevent Milan from slipping to its sixth loss of the campaign. Fabrizio Miccoli had put Palermo in front from the penalty spot on the stroke of halftime following a handball from Ignazio Abate. http://www.nfljerseyschinatt.com/ . This is the most-watched US Open match ever on TSN. Overall, 2.3 million Canadians tuned in to watch some or all of Mondays 4th round match on TSN. Full coverage of the U.S. Open continues on TSN and TSN2 through to the Finals this coming weekend. wholesale nfl jerseys . For Abel, of Laval, Que., and Heymans, of St-Lambert , Que., near-perfection was necessary in the womens synchronized 3-metre competition, as the Canadians managed to edge Australia to the top of the podium by just 4.8 points. Abel and Heymans finished with a total of 323. cheap Jerseys china . Manager Clint Hurdle thought A.J. Burnetts solid outing on Sunday illustrated that idea perfectly. Burnett allowed one run in eight innings for his 16th win, and Josh Harrison tied a career high with four hits to jumpstart Pittsburghs offence in an 8-1 win over Houston to avoid a sweep.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- One of the constants on the New York Giants offensive line over the last seven-plus seasons may be missing when they face the Bengals in Cincinnati. Chris Snee practiced for the first time this week on Friday and his status for Sundays game has been listed as questionable because of a sprained ankle. The son-in-law of coach Tom Coughlin, Snee has missed starting only one game at right guard since 2005. That was last year when he was sidelined by a concussion. "Id love to be out there, but thats a decision we havent made yet," Snee said after practicing on a limited basis on Friday. "You can talk to the head guy." Coughlin said much will depend on how Snee feels on Sunday. He would not say who would replace Snee if he cannot to play, but the Giants (6-3) are flexible. The most likely scenario would have David Diehl move from right tackle to guard and replace him with Sean Locklear, who started the first eight games at either left or right tackle with injuries to Will Beatty and Diehl. Snee rolled an ankle in the first quarter vs. Pittsburgh, but never left the loss. He said his ankle has improved since being hurt and said he will give an honest assessment of his condition on Sunday. Guard Kevin Boothe, for one, expects Snee to play. "He probably needed a couple of days of rest," Boothe quipped, "because he is getting up there in years and age." Centre David Baas was joking with a member of the medical staff about Snee being a pain in the neck for the trainers, something Snee would not dispute. "I just dont like to be in there, so maybe thats the reason why he says that," Snee said. "I dont like to be out. I dont like to miss practice. I dont like to be in there. I dont like to miss things with my teammates, so thats probably why Im not the happiest camper in there, which is a good thing." Under offensive line coach Pat Flaherty, the Giants have made all their linemen learn more than one position on the line. Baas can play guard and centre. The same for Boothe. Beatty and Locklear can play either tackle spot. Diehl is the most versatile. In his 10 seasons, he has started at both guard and tackle possitions for entire seasons.dddddddddddd Last year, when Beatty was hurt, he moved from left guard to left tackle. "I dont think its rare," Baas said. "Its happening more and more now and it really helps with depth. Thats good for our team that we have that." Baas added that knowing two positions helps the line to work together. "I played many years at guard (in San Francisco) and thought the centre had it easy," Baas said. "When I started playing centre it was a little eye-opening. Its good you get the different perspectives and the more positions you know, it just makes it that much better." Having started 110 of the last 111 games and being a member of two Super Bowl-champion teams, Snee can afford to miss a practice. And his teammates, when they get serious, realize his true value. "You dont worry about him," Boothe said. "I dont think anybody on the team is worried about him. He is as tough as they come." And as experienced. "Missing a couple of reps is not the worst thing in my opinion," Snee said. "I have been in this offence for nine years. I have a firm handle on it." And if he cant go? "We roll however we have to roll," Baas said. "I know he wants to be out there." The Giants received some good news on the injury front when middle linebacker Chase Blackburn practiced without restrictions Friday and was listed as probable. The Ohio native missed last week with a hamstring injury. "Its going to be nice to go back to the great state and enjoy it a little bit and have the family there," Blackburn said. "Hopefully, it will be a win that I can celebrate." ------ NOTES: The Giants listed safety Kenny Phillips (knee), linebacker Jacquian Williams (knee) and cornerback Michael Coe (hamstring) as out for the game. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) and linebacker Keith Rivers (calf) were also questionable. Defensive tackle Chris Canty (groin), receiver Hakeem Nicks, tight end Bear Pascoe (ankle), running back Andre Brown (shoulder) and Baas (ankle-elbow) were listed as probable. ... The Giants are 1-1 vs. the AFC North. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes