Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ame attracted the second c - Country Music Talk Fo...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ame attracted the second c

Started by snake, 2013/07/25 06:32AM
Latest post: 2013/07/25 06:32AM, Views: 384, Posts: 1
ame attracted the second c
#1   2013/07/25 06:32AM
snake
WEDDINGTON, N. Wholesale Jerseys .C. -- Canadian Brad Fritsch finished fourth at the Chiquita Classic on Sunday to move to 21st on the web.com tour money list. If he finishes in the final top-25, the Edmonton native will earn his PGA tour card for next season. Russell Henley won the event in a three-way playoff for his second Web.com Tour title. Henley finished with a 2-under 70 to match Cantlay and Hoffmann at 22-under 266. Last year while still a student at Georgia, Henley won the tours Stadion Classic on his college course. Henley earned $99,000 to jump from 35th to 12th on the money list with $216,566. The final top 25 will earn 2013 PGA Tour cards. "This win means a little bit more than my victory in Athens last year," Henley said. "It hasnt been a smooth road for me and I had a tough start this year. I feel like Ive overcome a lot and it feels good. "I kept telling myself that I would eventually make it to the PGA Tour and if it didnt happen this year, it would happen when I was ready to go. I wasnt putting too much pressure on myself, I was trying to enjoy this tournament and this moment, rather than thinking what was ahead. I did that very well this week." Cantlay and Hoffmann shot 65. Henley saved bogey on the final hole of regulation with a 20-foot putt to get into the playoff. After taking a one-stroke lead with a 10-foot birdie putt on the par-5 17th, Henley found the fairway bunker with his drive on No. 18, then hit his 8-iron approach into the water. "I had a tough lie in the bunker and hit one of the worst shots of the week, but I hung tough," Henley said. "On the putt, I just tried to let my feel take over and not be too precise with it. I just wanted to put a free stroke on it. Its one of those putts that you try to practice but you cant ever really emulate it. I didnt have much to lose at that point and I put a pretty good stroke on one." In playoff on the 18th, Henley two-putted from 20 feet for the winning par. Cantlay and Hoffmann earned spots next week in event at TPC Potomac. Cantlay open qualified Monday to get into the Chiquita event, while Hoffmann earned a spot in the Chiquita field with a top-10 finish last in Midland, Texas. "I played really well today and yesterday, so Im happy where my game is at right now," Cantlay said. "I know a bunch of good golf is ahead of me so Im really looking forward to the next few events." Wholesale Jerseys Supply . Yacoubou ignited the wild scene with a 3-pointer. It only made sense he was in the middle of the party. Yacoubou hit the tiebreaking 3-pointer with 3:57 left to help Villanova upset No. Wholesale Jerseys Online . The 22-year-old Urso was pronounced dead at 1:50 a.m. Sunday at Grant Medical Center after collapsing at a downtown Columbus bar and restaurant. Franklin County Coroner Jan Gorniak said toxicology tests will not be finalized for four to six weeks. http://herownblog.com/wholes... . Randolph had 18 points and 13 rebounds, and Memphis shot 53 per cent from the floor in a 108-90 victory over the undersized Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday night. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-jerseys-china/]Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . After nine straight seasons among Europes elite, Chelseas sixth-place finish in the Premier League means its only possible entry to next seasons Champions League is as title holder. The price of defeat is therefore higher, because Chelsea can ill afford to lose Champions League income -- more than 50 million euros (C$65 million) this season -- as UEFAs financial fair play rules begin to bite and limit bailouts from wealthy owners. Wholesale Jerseys USA .J. - The name Matteau has taken on a whole new meaning for the New Jersey Devils.PITTSBURGH - Familiar surroundings allowed Brad Lincoln to be aggressive in his quest to remain part of Pittsburghs starting rotation. Lincoln allowed two hits and a run in six innings, Andrew McCutchen hit a three-run homer and the Pirates won for the sixth time in seven games with a 4-1 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday. Lincoln (4-2) carried a no-hitter through five innings before Ramon Santiago singled to lead off the sixth. Moved into the rotation June 6, Lincoln had allowed 13 runs in 11 2-3 innings in three previous starts -- all on the road. Counting his time in the bullpen, Lincoln had pitched 15 1-3 scoreless innings at PNC Park this season until Miguel Cabrera led off the seventh with a home run. "We did want to give him an opportunity to pitch at home," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. "Theres no place like home -- Dorothy said it a long time ago. Our pitchers have pitched well here. Theres a comfort zone here, theyre aggressive and attack the zone, and Brad was able to follow suit with that today." The Pirates 2.26 home ERA leads the majors and is a big reason why they have won eight of their past nine games at PNC Park. Pittsburgh clinched its fourth home series win, their eighth win in the past nine series overall. "Hopefully, we can keep the momentum going," said McCutchen, who continued a torrid pace with his 13th homer. He came into the game with 14 hits in his previous 25 at-bats. "Different guys are coming through, getting on base and getting the big hits." Mired in a major North American professional sports record streak of 19 consecutive losing seasons, the Pirates (38-32) moved a season-high six games over .500. Detroit starter Max Scherzer (6-5) rejoined the team Saturday after being away the previous two days for what the team called personal reasons. Schrader Funeral Homes and Crematory outside his native St. Louis and near his residence in the citys suburbs lists confirmed they will hold a service for Maxs brother Alex Scherzer. Alex Scherzer died Thursday at 24. The service is also listed on their website. "I cant imagine what he must have been feeling today," Tigers catcher Alex Avila said. "I dont if there any words to explain what hes going through right now. He pitched a great game, really pitched his heart out." Through a team spokesman, Scherzer politely declined to speak with reporters. In what was a subdued postgame clubhouse, Tigers first baseman Price Fielder talked quietly with Scherrzer.dddddddddddd "Everybody knows it was under real tough conditions but I just think its best that we make that a private topic," Detroit manager Jim Leyland said. "I really dont think its my place to get into it." Scherzer allowed three runs, three hits and had seven strikeouts. "Other than the three-run homer, I thought Max was great," Leyland said. "Its tough to make only one mistake and lose a ballgame, but were just not scoring runs right now and we havent for the last four or five games." The Tigers were limited to one run and four hits for the second consecutive day in Pittsburgh and have scored five runs over their past four games. Detroit has lost three of four. Lincoln had a career-high seven strikeouts and one walk. At one point over a span from the fourth inning into the seventh, Lincoln threw 21 consecutive strikes. Only 19 of his 79 pitches were balls. "I was able to attack the zone, throw a lot of strikes and get guys out when I needed to," Lincoln said. "That pitch to Cabrera, I was not going to walk him -- I was going to go right at him mano y mano, and he got the best of me. Thats how it works, but I felt good out there today." Juan Cruz relieved Lincoln and allowed Fielders double, but lefty Tony Watson retired Avila and Jhonny Peralta to end the seventh. Jason Grilli had two strikeouts in a perfect eighth. Joel Hanrahan struck out Avila to end the game after allowing a single and a walk after two outs in the ninth. Hanrahan has 19 saves in 21 chances. Scherzer had won five of his previous six decisions, including striking out 15 Pirates batters in a 4-3 win May 20. Cabrera snapped an 0-for-15 stretch with his 15th home run off a full-count pitch in the seventh. It was Detroits second homer in its past six games. Pittsburghs Alex Presley had two hits. Neil Walker had an RBI single in the seventh. Notes: The Tigers have had four hits in each of the two games so far in the series. ... The game attracted the second consecutive sellout to PNC Park, the sixth this season. ... The Pirates have not had a no-hitter since July 12, 1997, when Francisco Cordova and Ricardo Rincon combined on a 10-inning no-hitter. The most recent solo Pittsburgh no-hitter came from John Candelaria on Aug. 9, 1976. ... The most recent time Tigers RHP Justin Verlander (7-4, 2.57) faced the Pirates, he took a no-hitter into the ninth inning in Detroit May 18. He will start the series finale Sunday. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes