Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

he Little League World Series squad from his homet...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

he Little League World Series squad from his hometown,

Started by wxy1123, 2012/12/17 10:24PM
Latest post: 2012/12/17 10:24PM, Views: 501, Posts: 1
he Little League World Series squad from his hometown,
#1   2012/12/17 10:24PM
wxy1123
FORT MYERS, Fla. Jordy Nelson Womens Jersey . -- Glen Perkins appeared on the outs with the Minnesota Twins in 2010, his struggles on the mound compounded by a grievance he filed against the team the previous season. Two years later, Perkins is the one arm the Twins know they can count on in the back end of their bullpen. Minnesota and the left-handed setup man agreed Thursday to a four-year contract that adds $10.3 million over three seasons and includes a team option for 2016. For the first time in his career, Perkins has some level of stability and security. "I hate using cliches, but it means I can just go out and pitch for the next four years," Perkins said. "Thats all that matters now. I can just go out there and pitch. I dont have to worry about anything other than pitching. I dont have to worry about anything like my family and all those good things." Perkins emerged as a reliable late-inning reliever last season, going 4-4 with a 2.48 ERA in 65 games. He struck out 65 and walked 21 in 61 2-3 innings. "Everything has changed over the last couple of years," manager Ron Gardenhire said earlier this spring training. "Hes content. He understands more about the game than he ever has. He understands what he wants out of the game more than he ever did before." It was a breakout season that came as a surprise to some after a couple of injury plagued years that included 2009, when Perkins and his agent had the players association file a grievance against the Twins for sending him to Triple-A Rochester after activating him from the disabled list in August. Perkins thought he should have remained on the major league roster and been sent on a rehab assignment instead. The grievance was later settled. He was converted from a starter to a reliever and grabbed a role as an overpowering setup man last season. Now with closer Joe Nathan gone to Texas, Matt Capps coming off of a disappointing 2011, starter Brian Duensing moving to the bullpen from the rotation and Joel Zumaya out for the season with elbow-ligament replacement surgery, Perkins is the rock. "Hes got the perfect situation. Hes living at home. He grew up a Twins fan," Gardenhire said. "Cant get any better for him and I think it took a while for him to realize how fortunate he was. Thats just being in the game and seeing how other people handle it. Hes done an awful lot in this game already and hes got a lot more he can do, and he realizes that, believe me. I think he really likes what hes doing." With a healthy arm, the former University of Minnesota standout and native of Stillwater, Minn., has seen his velocity jump a little and he is comfortable this spring knowing that he has a role with the team from the start. There has even been some talk about Perkins eventually becoming the teams closer. "I feel like where I pitched last year and where Ill pitch this year that I can impact a game as much, or more, and Im OK with that," Perkins said earlier this spring. "I like coming into situations where a closer wouldnt typically come in. It is a cliche, but I like to help out the team, and I think I can help out the team the most, for me, this way." Perkins agreed in January to a $1.55 million salary for this year. Aaron Rodgers Youth Jersey . In the end, the results were all that manager Bobby Valentine cared to focus on, and understandably so. Mike Aviles homered and the Red Sox bullpen just barely avoided another big collapse in a 7-6 victory over the Twins. Greg Jennings Youth Jersey . Manager Bobby Valentine said Tuesday that the club felt Bard (5-6) needs to work on his mechanics back in the minors before he gets another shot at making the Red Sox rotation. http://www.gr... . - Kevin Na is slow to pull the trigger, and quick to make fun of himself. [url=http://www.greenbaypackersprostore.com/james-jones-jersey]James Jones Jersey . Winnipeg fell to the RedHawks 11-3 Monday night in the 100th and final game of their American Associations regular season schedule. Morgan Burnett Womens Jersey . Louis Cardinals. He sure got plenty of help on Sunday. Holliday had four hits and four RBIs, Adam Wainwright won his fifth consecutive start and the Cardinals beat the Cincinnati Reds 8-2 on Sunday.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland manager Bob Melvin turned off the Angels-Rangers game before taking the field with his Athletics. He swears hes no scoreboard watcher in September -- whats the point? Oakland has control of its own playoff hopes in the seasons final week, anyway. "Its tunnel vision, if you will," outfielder Jonny Gomes said of his skippers stand. "I 100 per cent buy it." Stephen Drew hit a two-run homer, Coco Crisp had a leadoff shot and the As gained ground on the first-place Texas Rangers in the AL West with an 8-2 win over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night. Oakland trails the two-time defending AL champions by three games with five to play. The Rangers lost 7-4 at home to the Los Angeles Angels on Friday, and Texas finishes the season with three games in Oakland starting Monday. Josh Donaldson had a two-run single in a four-run seventh and A.J. Griffin (7-1) received ample support as the As stayed two games ahead of the Angels in the race for the second wild card. Tampa Bay fell three games back after losing to the Chicago White Sox. Oakland (89-68) has a magic number of four to clinch the clubs first playoff berth since being swept by the Tigers in the 2006 AL championship series. Eventually, Melvin heard chatter in the dugout as the other scores were posted on the outfield wall. "I just dont like the emotional rollercoaster," Melvin said. The As won six months to the day after these clubs kicked off the 2012 schedule in Tokyo -- and Oaklands opening-day starter, Brandon McCarthy, was back with the team just more than three weeks after undergoing brain surgery following a line drive off the bat of the Angels Erick Aybar that struck him on the right side of the head. McCarthy plans to stick around through the seasons last homestand, and its primed to be quite a final five games. Melvin waited to post a lineup until after watching Crisp go through pregame activities considering the leadoff man had missed nine straight starts and 10 of 11 because of an eye infection. Apparently, he saw the ball just fine when he sent a 3-2 pitch from starter Blake Beavan (10-11) over the right-field wall for his 11th home run. It was Crisps fourth leadoff shot this year and the eighth of his career. Crisp finished 3 for 5 and also made a perfect slide to score an insurance run in the fifth on a passed ball. He is still dealing with blurry vision in both eyes and some double vision but wants to do anything he can to help get the As into the playoffs. "More than I was expecting," said Crisp, who arrived in time for batting practice after aa doctors appointment. James Jones Womens Jersey. Yoenis Cespedes drew a bases-loaded walk in the seventh and made a diving catch on a liner to left-centre in the eighth to rob Jesus Montero of a hit. Trayvon Robinson followed Crisps homer with a tying drive in the second, then Drew responded with his fifth homer since joining the As from Arizona on Aug. 20 and seventh overall. Michael Saunders also homered for Seattle, which snapped a three-game losing streak Thursday in Anaheim but didnt do enough in this one for Beavan. "Beavan was off tonight," manager Eric Wedge said. "There were a lot of hard outs too, he was living on the edge there. Then later we broke down defensively." Griffin, one of five rookies in the rotation, allowed one run and four hits in 5 2-3 innings. He struck out four and walked two. Griffin was winless in his previous two starts after winning his first six decisions. Now, Griffin is set up to pitch the regular-season finale against the Rangers in what could have huge post-season implications. "Thats the fun part of the business, you get to pitch in games that matter, especially this time of year," he said. Seattle centre fielder Franklin Gutierrez was held out of the lineup a day after crashing into the wall to make a catch against the Angels. He banged his wrist, shoulder and head on the play, but said he was fine Friday. "I dont have anything, just a little stiff in my neck. Its nothing major," said Gutierrez, who hopes to play Saturday. "I hit it pretty good, the wall." Wedge said he expects Gutierrez to play the final five games of the season. NOTES: Mariners ace Felix Hernandez said he plans to play for Venezuela in the 2013 World Baseball Classic. A spring program for him will be determined after the season. ... The As clinched the season series (10-7) after losing last years season series 10-9. ... As LHP Brett Anderson, who strained his right oblique after a strong return from last years Tommy John surgery, could still be back if the team makes the playoffs. ... Gomes, who grew up in nearby Petaluma and assisted the Little League World Series squad from his hometown, received the 2012 Dave Stewart Community Service Award. "I think it should be in the job description or should be in the title of being a professional athlete," Gomes said. "I think you have so many avenues, once you get to the top, to be able to help people out." ... Seattle has 12 errors in its last 13 games, going 4-9. ... RHP Dan Straily (2-1) pitches Saturday for the As against LHP Jason Vargas (14-11). ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes