Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e and its a tie, theyre winning the battles. Again...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e and its a tie, theyre winning the battles. Again, chip and chase – a

Started by wff0605, 2014/09/18 10:19AM
Latest post: 2014/09/18 10:19AM, Views: 341, Posts: 1
e and its a tie, theyre winning the battles. Again, chip and chase –...
#1   2014/09/18 10:19AM
wff0605
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The onside kick tumbled one last time, right into the arms of A. Terry OReilly Bruins Jersey Canada .J. Green. Cincinnatis Pro Bowl receiver pulled it close and covered it up, a modest finish to a game full of wild plays. It provided a familiar ending, too. Adam "Pacman" Jones returned Clevelands first punt 81 yards for a touchdown on Sunday, and Andy Dalton tied his career high with three touchdown passes, leading the Bengals to a 34-27 victory in their one-sided rivalry. The Bengals (1-1) have won 13 of the past 16 against the Browns (0-2), who got breakout performances from their rookie quarterback and running back but still couldnt get a win. "Its a relief," Green said. "We had butterflies. We felt like we needed this one. Now we can just relax and go back to playing." Like a lot of games in the intrastate series, this one came down to merely holding on. Cleveland quarterback Brandon Weeden threw for 322 yards and a pair of touchdowns, rebounding from one of the worst debuts in NFL history -- four interceptions against the Eagles and a 5.1 passer rating. Trent Richardson became the first Browns rookie to run for 100 yards and score on a run and a pass in the same game, according to STATS LLC. The big day wasnt enough to stop Cleveland from falling to 0-2 for the fifth time in the past seven seasons. "Were getting there," Weeden said. "The running game definitely takes a lot of pressure off of me. It helps when you run the ball." Cincinnati improved to 42-36 in the 44-year series, the biggest lead by either team. The Browns had linebacker Scott Fujita back after his three-game bounty suspension was overturned on appeal. Cleveland missed top cornerback Joe Haden, who served the first week of his four-game suspension for violating the leagues policy on performance-enhancing substances. Cornerback Sheldon Brown also was out of the lineup with a shoulder injury. Dalton took advantage of the depleted secondary by completing 24 of 31 for 318 yards with six sacks and an interception. Andrew Hawkins turned a short catch into a 50-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter that kept Cincinnati in control. Dalton also threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Green and a 44-yarder to Brandon Tate, using all of his receivers. "Weve been saying all along that weve got a lot of guys with talent," Dalton said. "It was great getting them into the game and seeing them make the plays that they did." The Bengals defence got shredded during a 44-13 loss in Baltimore on Monday night that matched the most lopsided opening defeat in franchise history. They let Weeden get some confidence and allowed Richardson to slip through their fingers, keeping it close. "We gave up some big plays," middle linebacker Rey Maualuga said. "Overall, we did a pretty good job. Based on the score, it might not seem like we did." Weeden completed 26 of 37 for 322 yards with no interceptions and two sacks for a passer rating of 114.9. Richardson carried 19 times for 109 yards, the first Browns rookie to top 100 yards since Lee Suggs ran for 187 against Cincinnati in 2003. Cleveland managed only 210 yards in the opening 17-16 loss to Philadelphia. The Browns piled up 439 on Cincinnati. "I had a big stat day and it was a much better game for me," said Richardson, who had knee surgery on Aug. 9 that wiped out most of his training camp. "I wouldnt call it a complete game. Its coming along. We did a good job, but I think we can be even better." Phil Dawsons 25-yard field goal with 20 seconds left cut the lead to 34-27, but Green recovered the onside kick to seal it. Jones put Cincinnati ahead to stay by slipping away from three Browns and avoiding two others during his fifth career touchdown off a punt return and his first since 2003. He celebrated by jumping and wrapping himself around the padding on the goal post, holding on tightly for several seconds. Weeden settled down with quick, short throws in the second quarter. Richardson, the third overall pick, ran 32 yards for Clevelands first touchdown on offence this season. Dalton made one mistake that kept Cleveland in the game. He sailed a pass that got tipped to linebacker DQwell Jackson at midfield late in the third quarter. Weeden threw a short pass to Richardson, who slipped through several tackles on his way to a 23-yard touchdown that cut it to 24-17. NOTES: The Browns had 10 penalties for 103 yards, including a personal foul for unnecessary roughness on Jackson. ... In three career games against Cleveland, Dalton is 55 of 77 (71 per cent) for 669 yards with five TDs, one interception and a 114 passer rating. ... The Bengals gave up 20 plays of 10 or more yards in the loss to Baltimore, 17 such plays against Cleveland. wholesale nfl jerseys . Leino scored twice in the games first 3:44 and Miller was solid, finishing with 32 saves, as Buffalo chased Roberto Luongo from the game early en route to a 5-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks. Bob... Hull . -- The Kootenay Ice exploded for five goals in a huge second period in their Western Hockey League final game against Portland. http://www.cavaliersofficailonline.... . The team didnt project how long Ludwick will be out. Ludwick dislocated his right shoulder on a headfirst slide in the third inning of Cincinnatis 3-1, 13-inning loss to the Los Angeles Angels on Monday. He said the shoulder popped out when his hand caught on the dirt. An MRI on Tuesday -- the teams day off -- found the torn cartilage. [url=http://www.chelseateamshop.com/Jamal-Blackman-Chelsea-FC-Jersey.html]Jamal Blackman Chelsea Jersey . - The Halifax Mooseheads are four wins away from completing their dominating Quebec Major Junior Hockey League season. Pat... Bergeron Bruins Jersey Canada . Goalkeeper Joe Hart also played a part in Citys crucial win at Etihad Stadium by saving a penalty from Frank Lampard in the 52nd minute, denying the England midfielder his 200th goal for Chelsea.Some thoughts from the NHL on TSN Panel on Monday night: Im not the least bit surprised that Dale Hunter decided to go back to London. He cited personal and family reasons, and when someone cites personal and family reasons, that quite often is it. There are often people looking for other reasons, like "he didnt enjoy this or he didnt enjoy that", but Hunter looks at his junior hockey franchise, the London Knights, as family and he feels like thats where hes best needed. I think that Washington Capitals GM George McPhee wants to put some distance between right now and hiring a new head coach and replacement for Hunter. I dont think hes in any hurry at all and I think this could drag out all summer. I think McPhee right now is most interested in getting up to speed on this years NHL Draft, going out and doing the deals that need to be done within his hockey team - hes got to get restricted free agent Mike Green signed to a new long-term contract, as well as John Carlson, a valuable defenceman coming out of his entry-level deal. He also has to decide if Alex Semins days with the Capitals are over - I suspect they probably are. So he needs to go through all of that. I know he absolutely wanted Dale Hunter back and would have him back, but hes also got a blank canvas now. Whats the next coach going to be like? I dont think he wants to hire someone exactly like Dale, I think he wants to find somebody whos in the middle ground between a Hunter and his defence-first mentality, and a Bruce Boudreau, who played a much more wide-open style. He wants somebody that can make the stars accountable, reduce their ice time, do more with less, as Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom and Green did, but also maybe a coach who would be a little more offensive in terms of his orientation. I think its weeks if not months before the replacement is named. More notes on the NHLs head coaching ranks via Twitter: I know some are talking up Ron Wilson, Part Deux, in D.C., but I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for that to happen. My takeaway on the Blue Jackets giving head coach Todd Richards a two-year contract: Its a vote of confidence. Richards first order of business, replace himself. That is, hire a new assistant coach. No one assumed that role last season. It may be done by weeks end. Some have been wondering about future of Todd McLellan in San Jose. No question in my mind hell be back with the Sharks. I would not, however, be surprised if the Sharks look to hire an experienced or veteran assistant coach. There were rumours that Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle was going to hire his own assistants but I am told now that both Scott Gordon and Greg Cronin are expected back. Ben Smith Jersey. The Canadiens are in the process of touching base with potential head coach candidates including Michel Therrien, Guy Carbonneau, Marc Crawford, and Bob Hartley. Interviews have not been set up and the process is in the early stages. The Flames head coach search is also still in the early stages. A list of 10-12 candidates is to be pared to 5-6 for interviews. Bob Hartley and Troy Ward are prominent. There are crickets on the Edmonton Oilers coaching front. Tom Renneys contract is expiring. So is that of general manager Steve Tambellinis although most believe that a Tambellini extension is done. Renneys lodge brothers in the coaching fraternity are hoping hes not being kept on in Edmonton only to be cut loose later when no jobs are available. And finally, I expect Alain Vigneaults extension with the Vancouver Canucks to be worked on and presumably completed in the next two weeks. Kreider didnt play tired for Rangers Its a team rule that you cant be tired and one of the guys that wasnt tired was Chris Kreider. He just turned 21; hes 63 and 220 pounds; hes an absolute thoroughbred. It was Kreider who set up the Dan Girardi goal, he gets an assist on the game-winning goal and then gets his own goal to make it 2-0 and really put this one on ice for the New York Rangers. Hes already got two game-winning goals in these playoffs and when youre that big, that strong, and that young – and he only averages 12 minutes per game through the playoffs – hes not tired. Missed opportunity for the Devils in Game 1 Game 1 was a missed opportunity for the New Jersey Devils. In the first period it was no contest, the Rangers looked like they had no legs and the Devils had all sorts of energy. Their fore-check has been outstanding. They get pucks deep, they go in and take advantage and they get to pucks first. When they get there and its a tie, theyre winning the battles. Again, chip and chase – a very simple formula. But the Devils play a very aggressive fore-checking game; they play a hard game that wears down the other teams defence. But it didnt pay any dividends. Time after time in the first and second periods they controlled that aspect of the game but they had nothing to show for it because of good goaltending by Henrik Lundqvist, the shot-blocking of the Rangers, and timely defensive plays. Yes, it is a missed opportunity but they will look at it as an investment, and they will believe that if they keep playing like that and they keep punishing that defence, at some point in this series it will pay dividends. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes