Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ported him, but veterans like Dwight Evans, Bill B...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ported him, but veterans like Dwight Evans, Bill Buckner and D

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/21 03:19AM
Latest post: 2014/08/21 03:19AM, Views: 376, Posts: 1
ported him, but veterans like Dwight Evans, Bill Buckner and D
#1   2014/08/21 03:19AM
wff0605
LAS VEGAS -- Former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin has announced his retirement from the UFC. nfl jerseys china . Griffin made his announcement Saturday night after UFC 160. Griffin has fought just three times since November 2009 while struggling with multiple injuries. He beat Tito Ortiz in what turned out to be both veterans final fight at UFC 148 last July. UFC President Dana White says Griffin will work for the promotion. Griffin gained fame on the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter," the UFCs reality show. He finished with a spectacular victory over Stephan Bonnar in April 2005 in a fight widely considered the most important in UFC history. After Griffin won the UFC light heavyweight title in July 2008 with a victory over Rampage Jackson, he lost it to Rashad Evans five months later. wholesale nfl jerseys .Y. -- Goalie Ryan Miller was perfect. jerseys from china . The teams president and chief executive officer announced Tuesday the CFL club had an overall operating profit of $726,930 last year wiped out mainly because of delays in building the new $200-million Investors Group Field. http://www.chinajerseyscheap.us.com/[/... . Jordan Walden (1-1) allowed the tying run to score in the bottom of the eighth but still earned the win by throwing a scoreless ninth inning. Bobby Abreu had a two-run home run and scored the game-winning run for the Angels, winners in six of their last nine games. [url=http://www.nflcheapjerseysbest.com/]wholesale jerseys . A co-scoring leader with the Roughnecks last season, Dobbie was named the Offensive Player of the Week after scoring three goals, adding three assists and collecting three loose balls as the team rallied for a 12-9 victory on the road over the defending champion Toronto Rock on Sunday. wholesale jerseys . Alvarez had blanked the Detroit Tigers for nine innings -- and briefly, mistakenly thought he had pitched a no-hitter. But the Marlins needed a run for him to achieve the feat. "I was nervous and anxious," he said through a translator. FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Former Red Sox pitcher Dennis (Oil Can) Boyd says he probably pitched under the influence of cocaine "at every ballpark" during his 10-year career. "There wasnt one ballpark that I probably didnt stay up all night, until 4 or 5 in the morning, and the same thing is in your system," Boyd said in an interview with Jon Miller of WBZ radio in Boston. "It aint like you had time to go and do it while you were in the game, which I have (done) that." Boyd was 78-77 with a 4.04 earned-run average in his career. In eight seasons with the Red Sox, from 1982-89, he was 60-56. In his last two seasons, he was 18-21 with Montreal and Texas. "Some of the best games that Ive ever, ever pitched in the major leagues, I stayed up all night. Id say two-thirds of them," he said Wednesday at JetBlue Park, where Boston holds spring training, "and if I had went to bed, I would have won 150 ballgames in the time span that I played and ... I felt like my career was cut short for a lot of reasons." One of them, he said, was "bigotry." Boyd said he "wasnt doing anything that hundreds of ballplayers werent doing at the time, because thats how I learned it and I just caught the deep endd of it. cheap nfl jerseys. And the reason, too, also, that I caught the deep end of it (is) Im black and the bottom line was that the game carries a lot of bigotry and that was just an easy way for them to do it." He said that "If I wasnt outspoken and so-called a proud, proud black man maybe I would have got empathy and sympathy like other ballplayers got that I didnt get; like a Darryl Strawberry or Dwight Gooden, Steve Howe. I can name 50 people that got third and fourth chances all because they werent outspoken black individuals." The right-hander, now 52, said not all of his teammates supported him, but veterans like Dwight Evans, Bill Buckner and Don Baylor did. He also said he never had a drug test during his baseball career, but was told that "if you dont stop doing this, were going to put you into rehab, and I told them that Im going to do what I got to do. I got to win ballgames. Well talk about that in the off-season, but right now I got to win ballgames." Boyds best seasons with the Red Sox were 1985, when he went 15-13 with a 3.70 ERA, and 1986 when he was 16-10 with a 3.78 ERA. An autobiography of Boyd, "They Call Me Oil Can: My Life in Baseball," is scheduled for release in June. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes