Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Oakland won 4-3 at Houston earlier Wednesday. The ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Oakland won 4-3 at Houston earlier Wednesday. The Rangers

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/21 03:18AM
Latest post: 2014/08/21 03:18AM, Views: 322, Posts: 1
Oakland won 4-3 at Houston earlier Wednesday. The Rangers
#1   2014/08/21 03:18AM
wff0605
TORONTO -- And then there was one. wholesale nfl jerseys . Brazil and Paraguay have qualified for FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2014, leaving just one spot remaining in the 16-country womens soccer tournament. The South American squads booked their tickets this week at the CONMEBOL qualifying campaign in Fray Bentos, Uruguay, by taking an unassailable lead in the standings ahead of Fridays final. While Brazil has played in the six previous world U-20 tournaments, this summer will mark Paraguays debut. The last team remaining will come from Oceania, likely New Zealand. The Kiwis have won every OFC U-20 Womens Championship since Australia left for the Asian Football Confederation. The Oceania tournament, featuring New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Tonga and Vanuatu, is set for Feb. 18-22 in Auckland. The U-20 World Cup tournament, seen as a test run for the FIFA Womens World Cup in Canada in 2015, is slated for Aug. 5-24 in Edmonton, Moncton, Montreal and Toronto. Canada, as host, qualifies automatically. Nigeria won the African qualifying tournament, outscoring its opposition 31-0 en route to six straight wins. Ghana also advanced but had to rally to defeat Equatorial Guinea 4-3 in a penalty shootout after the two-legged tie ended at 1-1. The high-powered Americans booked their ticket after dominating the CONCACAF Womens Under-20 Championship in the Cayman Islands. Mexico and Costa Rica also advanced The U.S., which won the world under-20 title in 2002, 2008 and 2012, defeated Mexico 3-0 in the final as the Americans won all five of their matches, outscoring the opposition 29-0. Europe will be represented in Canada by England, Finland, France and two-time world under-20 champion Germany. Qualifying took place last August at the UEFA European Womens U-19 Championship in Wales where France defeated England 2-0 in the final. South Korea, North Korea and China will represent Asia by virtue of the AFC U-19 Womens Championship in October. The FIFA U-20 Womens World Cup is scheduled to open Aug. 5 at BMO Field in Toronto. Twenty-nine matches later, the third-place game and final will take place Aug. 24 at Montreals Olympic Stadium. In 2012, Canada failed to make it to the quarter-finals after going 1-2-0 in round-robin play in Japan. The host Canadian women lost to the U.S. on a golden goal in the final before 47,784 at Edmontons Commonwealth Stadium in the inaugural 2002 competition. jerseys from china . Kubel hit a two-run single in the ninth inning to rally the Diamondbacks past Aroldis Chapman and the Cincinnati Reds 4-3 Saturday night for their fourth straight victory. cheap jerseys from china . The person spoke Saturday under condition of anonymity because there was no official announcement about the agreement. The 34-year-old Ludwick hit .275 with 26 home runs and 80 RBIs while helping Cincinnati win the NL Central. http://www.bootiedock.com/ . Ellis had 22 points, nine assists and six steals, and the Bucks clinched their first playoff berth in three seasons with a 100-83 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Saturday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys . UK Anti-Doping says the Iraqi-born professional tested positive for stanozolol following his four-round loss to former Olympic champion Audley Harrison on May 26. nfl jerseys china . -- The Denver Nuggets have proved they can win regularly at home.ARLINGTON, Texas -- Matt Garza wants to make the Texas Rangers proud that they long coveted having him in their rotation. The big right-hander made quite an impression when he finally pitched in a Texas uniform. "Same thing Ive always saw when he pitched against us," manager Ron Washington said. "The guy can execute pitches. He never gets rattled." Garza pitched into the eighth inning of his Rangers debut, two days after getting traded from the Chicago Cubs. The only run he allowed was unearned after his throwing error in a 3-1 victory over the New York Yankees on Wednesday night. "Im excited. I couldnt be more happy being in a place where Im at, a place where Im wanted, been wanted. Its awesome," Garza said. "I felt good. I just wanted to throw strikes." Garza (1-0) was 6-1 in his 11 starts this season for the Cubs. He was 5-0 with a 1.24 ERA his last six starts for Chicago, winning the last five. After giving up consecutive singles to start his first game in a Rangers jersey, Garza retired 15 of the next 16 batters before his throwing error on Brett Gardners comebacker leading off the sixth. He finished with five strikeouts and no walks, throwing 66 of 95 pitches for strikes. "Pounded the zone with vengeance," Washington said. "He was as advertised," said David Murphy, who homered for Texas. "Weve seen him do it before. It was impressive to see him attack the zone like that." A.J. Pierzynski drove in two runs for Texas, including a tiebreaking solo homer in the bottom of the sixth off Andy Pettitte (7-8). The Rangers were interested in Garza when Tampa Bay traded him to Chicago after the 2010 season. They also inquired about him last summer before he missed the last two months with a stress reaction in his right elbow. He missed the first seven weeks this season because of a strained left lat muscle. "Hes got good stuff. He has a very good fastball and slider. We hit some balls hard, but right at them," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "He gave up hits to the first two batters and got out of the inning, and he kind of got on a roll after that." Gardners comebacker leading off the sixth rolled away from Garza even though the pitcher was able to get a glove on it. He scrambled to grab the ball, but threw awkwardly off his knee well wide of first base. The speedy Gaardner was credited with an infield single and got to third on the errant throw. cheap china jerseys. Garza then snagged Ichiro Suzukis comebacker for an out before Robinson Cano lined a single over second baseman Ian Kinslers head to tie the game at 1. Walking off the mound after the inning, Garza was clearly frustrated at himself. He already felt better soon after that, pumping his arms in the air and slapping his hands together when Pierzynski hit his 10th homer. "Its just I kept turning. I didnt stop myself from sliding, thats why I didnt let the ball go too well. ... Caught me off guard, its one of those things " Garza said. "But I made sure I got the next guy out and so close to not letting them score. Thats what I was a little (mad) about." Neal Cotts retired all four batters he faced before Joe Nathan got the final out for his 32nd save in 34 chances. The All-Star closer rebounded from the previous night when he gave up two runs in the ninth of a 5-4 loss to the Yankees. Pettitte allowed eight hits and two runs while pitching into the seventh. The 41-year-old left-hander struck out two and walked one. "Pierzynski killed him. He usually handles lefties well. He left a slider down but kind of in the middle of the plate, and he hit it out," Girardi said. "We just need to get (Pettitte) some runs." The Rangers quickly led 1-0 after Ian Kinsler had a leadoff single, went to second on a sacrifice bunt by Elvis Andrus and scored on a single by Pierzynski. It was the second time in three games this series they scored a run in the first inning, after 10 consecutive games without a run in the initial frame. NOTES: Even with the victory for the Rangers, it was the 27th day in a row they failed to gain ground in the AL West since Oakland won 4-3 at Houston earlier Wednesday. The Rangers have gone from a half-game lead to three games back in that span. ... Rangers opening day starter Matt Harrison threw live BP, facing hitters for the first time since April. The lefty has been on the DL and had two back surgeries since his last start April 6. Harrison says he felt good and is expected to throw BP again Saturday in Cleveland. ... Yankees OF Curtis Granderson (broken pinkie) said he will start a minor league rehab assignment Thursday night with Class A Tampa and will evaluated at the end of the weekend. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes