Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

up against the wall, I think it could make it a li...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

up against the wall, I think it could make it a little bit more competitiv

Started by lili, 2014/07/01 06:25AM
Latest post: 2014/07/01 06:25AM, Views: 375, Posts: 1
up against the wall, I think it could make it a little bit more compet...
#1   2014/07/01 06:25AM
lili
PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to a $6 million, two-year contract with former No. 1 overall draft pick Kwame Brown. Agent Mark Bartelstein announced the move Friday. Brown will be reunited with Sixers coach Doug Collins. Collins was Browns first coach in Washington in 2001. Brown has averaged 6.8 points and 5.6 rebounds over an 11-year career. The well-travelled Brown was the No. 1 overall pick out of high school in the 2001 draft by the Washington Wizards. Bartelstein said one reason Brown was eager to join the Sixers was because Collins was like a "father figure" to the centre. "Kwame and Doug have a relationship that I think really has grown over the years," Bartelstein said. "Its a great fit." Brown signed a $7 million, one-year deal with Golden State before last season. But he played in only nine games and averaged 6.3 points and 6.3 rebounds in 20.8 minutes before needing season-ending surgery on his chest muscle. The 30-year-old Brown is set to play for his seventh team. He will join a frontcourt that includes Spencer Hawes, Thaddeus Young, Lavoy Allen, Nik Vucevic and rookie Arnett Moultrie. The Sixers waived veteran forward Elton Brand this week. "It gives Kwame a chance to play an integral role on a playoff team," Bartelstein said. Brown never lived up to his No. 1 billing after Michael Jordan picked him out of high school. Only once has he averaged double digits in points over a full season and, even in his limited minutes, the 6-foot-11 centre failed to block a shot last season. Brown played four seasons with the Wizards before bouncing around to the Lakers, Memphis, Detroit, Charlotte and the Warriors. The Sixers also this week acquired forward Dorrell Wright from the Warriors and signed free-agent guard Nick Young to a one-year contract. cheap jerseys china . The 24-year-old Brazilian winger scored a goal and added an assist as the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Real Salt Lake 2-1 in MLS action before a crowd of 20,083 at B. cheap jerseys china free shipping . -- Anthony Mantha scored twice as the Val-dOr Foreurs held off the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 in the lone Quebec Major Junior Hockey League game Thursday night. http://www.jerseyschinacheap.us.com/[/... . Everyone remembers the Dream Team that Canada iced during the last lockout at the 2005 World Juniors in Grand Forks, North Dakota, when a star-studded lineup that included Sidney Crosby, Patrice Bergeron, Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Dion Phaneuf and Shea Weber dominated en route to a gold medal. [url=http://www.jerseyschinacheap.us.com/]cheap china jerseys . Thats how much time remains for the NHL and its players association to bridge a wide gap in collective bargaining negotiations or face another lockout. BRISTOL, Tenn. -- Kyle Busch has three races remaining to claim a spot in the 12-driver Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. Under normal circumstances, his chances would be good headed into Saturday nights race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Busch, after all, has five Cup victories at Bristol. But that was before track owner Bruton Smith decided grinding the race track would potentially lure fans back to the track after several years of declining attendance. Asked Friday what he thought of the changes, Busch offered a succinct assessment: "Terrible," he said. He was one of the few drivers with a strong opinion after two Friday practice sessions. Qualifying was washed out by rain, and Casey Mears and Brad Keselowski will start on the front row because the field was set by practice times. Keselowski has won the last two Cup races at the track. Few drivers ventured into the top groove during practice, and insisted its too early to tell how the race will develop. Smith is hoping the race proves Bristol is once again one of the most exciting tracks in NASCAR. After yet another ho-hum Bristol race in March, Smith had the top lane ground down in an effort to eliminate the two-wide racing that fans believed ruined the product. Progressive banking was added to the track in 2007, and the bumping and banging that was a Bristol trademark disappeared. The track had a streak of 55 consecutive sellouts from 1982 until 2010, and Smith believed tightening the track might bring the fans back. Busch was one of the drivers who didnt bother to run at the top of the track on Friday. Why didnt he check it out? "I dont have to," he replied, "I watched the Truck race." Timothy Peters led all 204 laps -- and the first 82 were under green -- in Wednesday nights truck series race. Drivers kept an eye on that race, and voiced their frustrations with Smiths track on Twitter. "Just as expected. Killing the top groove doesnt make the bottom groove any better," tweeted Martin Truex Jr. Carl Edwards, who also needs a win to move into Chase contention, said hes reserving judgment on the track until after the race.dddddddddddd He stayed out of the top groove in practice -- a combination of habit and "I dont want to be the first guy to go up there if theres no grip" -- and said nobody knows what it will be like during the race. "They changed the track because everybody wanted it to be two or three grooves and then they changed it back," Edwards said. "I give them a lot of credit for doing the very best they can. This is one of the coolest race tracks in the world and I think theyve done everything they can to make sure we have the best show that we can have and it will be an exciting race one way or another." Matt Kenseth wasnt even sure the track needed to be changed. He surmised the push for changes snowballed, perhaps in part to the presence of social media. "Everybody talks about the old Bristol and people knocking each other out of the way and fighting and all that stuff. Well, we raced these cars at Bristol before they reconfigured it and there was hardly any passing," Kenseth said. "Things change over time and I thought the race in the spring was pretty good. Everybody is going to want something different. We tried to narrow the track up and take grooves away to take passing away, so Im a little confused on the whole concept to start with. "I think all of the races are pretty good here. I havent really seen a real bad one here. I think the racing is always entertaining." Mears was another driver who had no idea what to expect Saturday night. "Where they actually worked on the track, we havent actually been all the way up there yet," Mears said. "Ive seen some guys flirting with the edge of it, so its really going to be hard to say. If it keeps guys from running up against the wall, I think it could make it a little bit more competitive just because when guys are running right up against the fence and its really hard to pass guys down underneath." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes