Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

d a left ankle injury. The Jaguars only injury app...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

d a left ankle injury. The Jaguars only injury app

Started by lili, 2014/06/27 01:09AM
Latest post: 2014/06/27 01:09AM, Views: 292, Posts: 1
d a left ankle injury. The Jaguars only injury app
#1   2014/06/27 01:09AM
lili
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Reggie Miller wasnt always the biggest name in his own family. On Friday night, he was the top star in the biggest basketball Hall of Fame class in half a century. The former UCLA and Indiana Pacers star was inducted in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, joining sister Cheryl as the first brother-sister pair in the Springfield shrine. Cheryl Miller, a two-time NCAA tournament MVP at Southern California and 1995 Hall inductee, was on stage to welcome him. "I just so happened to live across the hall from absolutely, positively the greatest womens basketball player ever," Miller said as his sister stood by with tears in her eyes. "Im proud to say I am not on this stage if it wasnt for you, Cheryl Deann. We rode your shoulders all the way here. So thank you for your help." It was a big night for UCLA, which also had Don Barksdale and Jamaal Wilkes in the 12-person class of 2012, and for the Indiana Pacers. Two-time ABA Most Valuable Player Mel Daniels also was inductedl, though illness presented him from attending the ceremony at Springfield Symphony Hall. As the biggest name, Miller was the last to the stage -- fitting for a man considered one of the most clutch players in NBA history. He said that it was fitting that he was honoured after Daniels, allowing the ABAs career rebounding leader to become the Pacers first player in the Hall. "They set the standard for what all great Pacers team have achieved," said Miller, who spent his entire 18-year career with Indiana. Miller, who was introduced for induction by his sister along with Magic Johnson and Charles Barkley, retired as the most prolific 3-point shooter in NBA history, making 2,560 in his career for a record that stood until Ray Allen surpassed it in 2011. Thats not counting the playoffs, when he built his reputation for performing under pressure. His signature moment was perhaps the 1995 playoff game against the New York Knicks when he scored eight points in 8.9 seconds. On the Hall stage, Miller finally admitted that he shoved Greg Anthony and held him on the ground before the steal that set up the second of his back-to-back 3-pointers. "Like Magic said, By any means necessary," Miller said, offering a similar admission to pushing Michael Jordan in the 1998 playoffs. "Yeah, Michael, I did shove you, too. But Ive seen you do it so many times to so many players, so I figured it was OK." Also honoured on Friday night were Don Nelson, the winningest coach in NBA history; three-time NCAA player of the year Ralph Sampson; Nike co-founder Phil Knight; the All-American Redheads, known as the female Harlem Globetrotters; seven-time NBA All-Star Chet Walker; two-time Olympic gold medallist Katrina McClain; former Soviet womens coach Lidia Alexeeva; and longtime NCAA referee Hank Nichols. Knight ran through some of the companys biggest advertising campaigns: George Gervin sitting on a throne of ice; Spike Lees "Its got to be the shoes" commercials with Jordan; Mr. Robinsons Neighborhood; Lil Penny Hardaway and Barkleys "I am not a role model." "Im just glad he made me a part of the whole process," Jordan said in an introductory video. "Ask any of those guys, not just me, and the impact that hes had on their career has been huge." LeBron James and Ken Griffey Jr. were in the audience at Springfield Symphony Hall to support him. Jordan and former Georgetown coach John Thompson were Knights presenters. Knight, a gym rat who didnt realize there was a contributors category until he became a member of it, acknowledged the role the players had in his success. Especially Jordan. "His magic made him a brand," Knight said, adding that Jordans division at Nike sells more now than when he was a player. "He is to the sporting goods industry what Nathan Hale, Patrick Henry, Che Guevara and Mao Tse Tung were to world politics." Nelson also gave James a shoutout in his speech, congratulating him for leading the Miami Heat to the NBA championship. "I know the feeling when I won the first one," Nelson said. Nelson won five NBA titles as a Boston Celtics player and then spent 31 years as a coach, winning an all-time best 1,335 games on the bench in Milwaukee, Golden State, New York and Dallas. He has since retired and moved to Hawaii, where he runs a coffee shop and shaved ice stand. "Hopefully, this will be the last tuxedo Ill be wearing," he said. "There is life after basketball. Come out and have a cup of coffee with me in Maui." cheap jerseys china . Numbers Game breaks down the Wild signings of Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. The Wild Get: LW Zach Parise and D Ryan Suter. cheap jerseys china free shipping . The Heat played without NBA MVP LeBron James, who was out with "general soreness," according to coach Erik Spoelstra. Josh Harrelsons 3-pointer with 1:01 remaining put the Heat ahead for good at 102-99. http://www.jerseyschinacheap.us.com/[/... . Balls regularly clear the fences and drive people in when he faces San Franciscos two-time NL Cy Young Award winner. [url=http://www.jerseyschinacheap.us.com/]cheap china jerseys nfl . Joey Elliott, out last season with a torn knee ligament, will start Thursday in place of Alex Brink when Winnipeg (1-5) hosts the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (3-3).NEW ORLEANS -- Blaine Gabberts second-year progress gained momentum with rookie receiver Justin Blackmon on the field, and Jordan Palmer delivered on a last-gasp pass to cap off a fun Friday night in the Big Easy for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Palmer hit Kevin Elliott with an 11-yard touchdown pass on fourth down with 13 seconds left, lifting Jacksonville to a 27-24 preseason victory over the New Orleans Saints. Jacksonville (No. 31 in the AP Pro 32) saw continued progress from Gabbert, the second-year quarterback who outperformed Drew Brees of the Saints (No. 9 in the AP Pro 32) during the first half. "We did a great job moving the ball in the first half and scored in the red zone," said Gabbert, who helped Jacksonville jump out to a 17-3 lead. "We were playing against their first-team defence, so it says a lot for us to take the lead early in the game." Gabbert completed 13 of 16 passes for 112 yards and two touchdowns, the first a 16-yard strike to Blackmon, who was making his preseason debut. Brees was 10 of 13 for 133 yards and one touchdown, an 8-yard pass to Devery Henderson. Brees also turned the ball over when he was sacked and stripped by Jeremy Mincey. "We need to do a better job protecting Drew," Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt said. "We have a lot of coaching to do, and things to clean up. I am ready to get it done this week." Undrafted rookie Travaris Cadet had 90 yards from scrimmage and a TD for New Orleans, making a case for the Saints to find a place for him despite already having four established running backs on the roster. "I felt like I took a step forward," Cadet said. "I feel like I need to do more. Im never satisfied. ... This is a hard team to make. Youve got to be able to do something to separate yourself." Cadets score on a 24-yard reception from Chase Daniel gave New Orleans a 24-20 lead with under 2 minutes remaining, but Palmer quickly drove Jacksonville back down the field with the help of pass interference calls against Jose Gumbs and Cord Parks. The second penalty put the ball at the New Orleans 6. After a false start penalty, Palmer threw three incompletions before finding Elliot in the end zone. Josh Scobee had field goals of 36 and 47 yards, the second giving Jacksonville a 20-17 lead late in the third quarter. Blackmon finished with four catches for 48 yards as Jacksonville remained unbeaten in two preseason games. Joseph Morgan had three catches for 68 yards for New Orleans (1-2), including a 53-yarrd touchdown reception from Chase Daniel that tied it at 17 in the third quarter.dddddddddddd Jacksonville got the start it wanted from Gabbert and Rashad Jennings, the Jaguars No. 1 running back while Maurice Jones-Drew holds out. The Jaguars marched 80 yards on nine plays, taking a 7-0 lead when Blackmon ran the last 7 yards after snatching Gabberts pass from defensive back Marquis Johnson and spinning into the clear. "You could see his skills," Jacksonville coach Mike Mularkey said. "Hes got strong hands and he knows how to find the end zone." Blackmon, the No. 5 pick in last springs draft, missed Jacksonvilles preseason opener after a contract holdout. "It felt really good," Blackmon said of scoring in his debut. "Im just glad to be back out there competing, and Im having a good time doing it." Jennings ran 6 times for 42 yards on the drive, including gains of 17 and 15 yards around the left end. He finished with 62 yards on 11 carries. Brees drove the Saints to the Jacksonville 18 in his first series, highlighted by Pierre Thomas 25-yard gain on a screen pass. Garrett Hartleys 37-yard field goal made it 7-3. Gabbert later marched the Jaguars 66 yards in 14 plays, converting four third downs before hitting Colin Cloherty for a 15-yard TD. Things quickly got worse for New Orleans when defensive tackle Terrance Knighton recovered Brees fumble on the Saints 15, leading to a field goal that made it 17-3. Brees finally got going on his fourth series, completing six passes for 74 yards, including two to Marques Colston for 15 and 28 yards. Then came Hendersons TD on a difficult catch as he twisted and tumbled over the sideline. Daniel played the last series of the first half and the entire second half. He was 16 of 21 for 185 yards and two touchdowns. His connection with Morgan was a deep throw as Morgan broke free behind the defence. Jaguars backup Chad Henne was 4 of 9 for 36 yards and was intercepted by safety Isa Abdul-Quddus on a pass tipped by defensive back Elbert Mack. Several Saints players left the game with injuries, including Abdul-Quddus, who appeared wobbly after a collision late in the third quarter. Vitt declined to specific other than to confirm that the safety was hit in the head. Reserve linebacker Chris Chamberlain left the game with a left knee injury, and reserve receiver Andy Tanner sustained a left ankle injury. The Jaguars only injury appeared to be a pulled hamstring by reserve running back Keith Toston. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes