Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

sistant GM David Forst and so many others for thei...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

sistant GM David Forst and so many others for their support through his injury. "I cant thank everyb

Started by lili, 2014/06/27 01:09AM
Latest post: 2014/06/27 01:09AM, Views: 285, Posts: 1
sistant GM David Forst and so many others for their support through hi...
#1   2014/06/27 01:09AM
lili
OSLO, Norway -- Another former teammate of Lance Armstrong has admitted using banned performance-enhancing drugs. Retired Norwegian rider Steffen Kjaergaard said Tuesday that he had used EPO and cortisone, and was immediately suspended from his job at the Norwegian Cycling Federation. "I have long thought that it was best for cycling as a sport that I took this (secret) to the grave. But the last weeks have made me change course for my own sake and tell the truth," Kjaergaard said. The 39-year-old Kjaergaard said he decided to come clean because of doping revelations in recent weeks involving the U.S. Postal Service team, and that he "couldnt bear the lie anymore." Kjaergaard rode with Armstrong in the U.S. Postal Service team when the American won the Tour de France in 2000 and 2001. He said he wasnt aware of any of his teammates using banned substances, "but I assume there were others." On Monday, Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles by the International Cycling Union after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency detailed evidence of drug use and trafficking by his Tour-winning teams. "I have not directly witnessed anyone else dealing with this. Thats why I do not want to expose anyone else," Kjaergaard said. Kjaergaard won several Norwegian championships but no major international races before retiring in 2003. His admission dented Norways self-image as a "clean" nation on the forefront of the fight against doping in sports. Kjaergaard was instantly removed from his job as sports director for the Norwegian Cycling Federation. "This is a sad day for Norwegian cycling, but we wanted to have this out in the light," said federation President Harald Tiedemann Hansen at the joint news conference with Kjaergaard. "He has admitted to doping and he has nothing to do with the cycling world anymore," Tiedemann Hansen told The Associated Press later. "He has been suspended until his term ends on Dec. 31 and he will not continue in the job." cheap jerseys from china free shipping . The 20-year-old Tomic dominated the first set, but the big-serving Anderson won 24 of 26 points on his serve in the second and played more aggressively than his opponent as he tried to get back into the match. cheap jerseys from china paypal . - Sharks coach Todd McLellans decision to start the season with familiar lines from a year ago is paying early dividends for San Jose. http://www.cheapjerseysfromchi... . "But its always going to be about that last game," Hart said. A day after Hart resigned as Canadas mens soccer coach, he told the media that the humiliating 8-1 loss to Honduras that knocked the team out of World Cup qualifying left him with no choice but to leave. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysfromchinashop.us.com/]cheap jerseys from china wholesale . This week, they discuss the casualties of the NHL lockout, Triple-Crown threat Miguel Cabrera, Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano and all of the sports figures who behaved badly this week.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Brandon McCarthys hair is growing back fast and that big scar on the right side of his head is hardly noticeable anymore. The Oakland Athletics pitcher feels nearly normal again just more than three weeks after undergoing brain surgery following a frightening injury in which a line drive off the bat of the Angels Erick Aybar struck him Sept. 5. So good, in fact, doctors have cleared him to play light catch Saturday -- a big deal in his recovery and for his immense boredom. Not once has he lost his sense of humour through the scary ordeal that the club referred to as "life-threatening" early on post-surgery. "I have really fast growing hair," McCarthy said. "Im already at the point now that I dont know what to do with it. Do I shave it again and keep showing off the scar? Im going to have to make a decision soon. Ive never shaved my head before. Now with the scar, I can walk around San Francisco and look tough." McCarthy stepped back on the field Friday night for the first time since his frightening injury to accept the As nomination for the Roberto Clemente Award, accompanied by wife, Amanda. He was a bit emotional in the dugout earlier given the outpouring of support from fans, players and teams around baseball surrounding the first trying, testing moment in his life, he said. He received a warm ovation from the sparse Coliseum crowd. "I think its really kind of what I need," said McCarthy, who has been practicing his mechanics in his living room. "Get my mind off everything, just kind of get back to doing stuff, just the sort of mental stimulation of it." McCarthy attended the series opener with Seattle on Friday night, exactly six months to the day after he was Oaklands opening day starter against the Mariners in Tokyo. He went 8-6 with a 3.24 ERA this year in his sixth big league season and second with the As. McCarthy was 9-9 with a 3.32 ERA last season. The pitcher expects his off-season throwing program to be like any other this winter, while monitoring himself forr concussion symptoms.dddddddddddd "There are times when I get a little mildly cloudy, but its not even something I would describe as being even annoying," he said. "Its the kind of feeling you have if youve had three drinks and are not quite sharp, I guess." He spends the off-season in Dallas. "Normal," McCarthy said of whats next. "Im just starting to go into atrophy here and boredom, so Ive got to do something physically to get the blood going again," McCarthy said. "And then when it gets into the off-season, a lot of it is just based on concussion symptoms and if I get headaches or something or a little dizzy doing something, then just scale back. I think you just kind of push against the wall until you find out what your bodys going to do and what it can get through, and then just sort of resume as normal." The 29-year-old McCarthy sustained an epidural hemorrhage, brain contusion and skull fracture on the play. A few days later, he was back on Twitter cracking jokes. "It wasnt like it was a surreal thing. When it happened I was aware of what happened for the most part," he said. "Everything kind of after is not fun ... but it was kind of something we had to get through. More than anything, I was really thirsty. I was on a salt drip for a few days, which is big for swelling on the brain. I couldnt drink water, I couldnt drink anything. Really, thats the one thing I remember from this whole thing, being unbelievably thirsty for about four days." While McCarthy can become a free agent after the season, he said he has plenty of things on his mind to worry too much about his baseball future. Though he made it clear he would love to stay put with the As. He credits the medical staff, general manager Billy Beane, assistant GM David Forst and so many others for their support through his injury. "I cant thank everybody enough," McCarthy said. "The way the front office has handled it is beyond first class. Id definitely say Id like to get back here." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes