Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

: Portland attempted 43 3-pointers, the most ever ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

: Portland attempted 43 3-pointers, the most ever against Golden State. ... Lee had his NBA-leadi

Started by lili, 2014/06/25 11:25PM
Latest post: 2014/06/25 11:25PM, Views: 263, Posts: 1
: Portland attempted 43 3-pointers, the most ever against Golden State...
#1   2014/06/25 11:25PM
lili
COOLUM, Australia -- Daniel Popovic shot a 3-under-par 69 Saturday to take a two-stroke lead into the final round of an Australian PGA championship marked by lesser-known golfers dominating the marquee players. Popovic, outside the top 1,000 in world rankings, had a 54-hole total of 13-under 203 on the Palmer Coolum Resort course. Fellow Australian Andrew Brown, who has never won as a professional and who has only one top-10 finish on the Australasian PGA Tour, shot 64 to move into second place. U.S. Champions Tour regular Peter Senior, last weeks Australian Open winner, was tied for third with fellow Australian Matthew Griffin. Senior shot 68 and Griffin 70 and were another stroke back. Robert Allenby shot 68 and fellow Australian Geoff Ogilvy, who needs to be among the top three here in order to finish in the top 50 year-end world rankings and earn a U.S. Masters spot next year, had a 72 were tied for ninth at 208. Darren Clarke of Northern Ireland, the 2011 British Open champion, shot a 72 was tied for 24th, eight strokes behind Popovic. South African Rory Sabatini (70) was 11 strokes out of the lead while Greg Norman, another player featured in the pre-tournament posters, only made it through two holes Thursday before withdrawing due to food poisoning. The 26-year-old Popovic, who has led after all three rounds, nearly quit golf earlier this year due to his fathers serious illness -- his dad has incurable bone cancer. On Saturday, Popovic made a 15-foot birdie putt on the tough, water-lined 18th to give him his two-shot buffer into the final round. "I knew that I had it in me and I still know that I have one more good round tomorrow in me," Popovic said. "Ive just got to keep my routine going." Popovic said his father would be watching the final round from his hospital bed, where he is undergoing further blood testing for his cancer. "Its going to be an incredible ride for the whole family I think, tomorrow," Popovic said. "For myself ... and my dad, it is going to be huge." Brown had the round of the day, making birdie on six of his first 10 holes and bogeying only the par-4 13th. "I had a couple of slightly jittery holes towards the end of the back nine, so it was nice to hit a good drive down 18 and then hit an iron nice and close," he said. "It hasnt been the best year for me, but whenever you shoot 64 in any tournament, let alone the Aussie PGA, you take it." Brown said his birdie at the fifth hole after hitting his approach into the trees was the turning point of his round. "I hit an ordinary second shot but got a good break away from the signage and holed a 25-foot putt for birdie, and then birdied the next two holes," he said. "There are a lot of birdies out there but it is the kind of course where things can go pear-shaped very quickly, too." cheap jerseys . Now his teammates are feeling better about themselves at Fenway Park, too. cheap nfl jerseys . The Oilers have alternated wins and losses over their first four games of the season and the club is coming off Saturdays setback in Calgary. The 4-3 decision was the first win of the season for the Flames. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseys.us.com/... . The 42-year-old veteran netminder put in a solid performance Thursday in the Tampa Bay Lightnings 3-2 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs. [url=http://www.cheapsoccerjerseys.us.com/]wholesale jerseys . On Sunday, after spending a full week studying the Chicago Bears defence, the rookie quarterback will finally get a chance to see the two Pro Bowlers in action. cheap jerseys from china . Second-line centre Mike Ribeiro delivered, giving his team a critical extra point when he scored at 2:01 of overtime to give Dallas a 3-2 victory over the Calgary Flames on Thursday night. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Stephen Curry wasnt as impressed with Golden States latest win as much as he was concerned over how it nearly got away. Thats how far the expectations have risen for these Warriors. Curry made two important free throws with 16.4 seconds left and Golden State overcame a phenomenal fourth quarter by Portland rookie Damian Lillard to beat the Trail Blazers 103-97 on Friday night. Lillard, an Oakland native, scored 29 of his career-high 37 points in the second half and nearly helped the Blazers overcome a 20-point deficit before the Warriors held on. "For 2 1/2 quarters we had control of the game ... then Lillard got hot," said Curry, who finished with 22 points and 12 assists. "Not to take away from his night, he made the shots. But weve got to find a way to stop a guy when he has it going like that." Lillards outburst in the final quarter overshadowed what had been an otherwise sluggish night by Portlands offence. The Blazers missed 27 of their first 35 attempts, went 15 of 43 overall on 3-pointers and committed 13 turnovers. Conversely, Golden State had five players in double figures and shot 47.7 per cent for the game. "This is preparing us," Warriors coach Mark Jackson said. "Where we expect to go, in these games, you are going to have to find a way to stop special players, and this is great preparation for us." David Lee had 24 points and 10 rebounds and helped shut down Portlands LaMarcus Aldridge in a matchup of two of the top power forwards in the Western Conference. Aldridge had just seven points on 3-of-14 shooting. Klay Thompson scored 16 points, Carl Landry added 15 and Harrison Barnes had 13 points and seven rebounds for Golden State. The Warriors led by 20 in the second half before Lillard nearly rallied the Blazers. He scored 17 in the fourth quarter and made a pair of deep 3-pointers, including his seventh of the night that cut Golden States lead to 100-97 with 22.5 seconds remaining. Curry then made two free throws and Jarrett Jack added one to seal the win. "I think we were flat," Lillard said. "I had a game like this inn college but that ended up with a win.dddddddddddd. Thats why this is bittersweet." Golden State snapped a two-game losing streak and continued its surprising turnaround from a year ago. The win over Portland helped the Warriors match their win total (23) from last season and helped maintain their second-place spot in the Pacific Division. They needed another strong night from Curry to hold off a pesky Blazers team that was thoroughly outplayed for three quarters before making a late run. Curry shot just 7 for 22 but had seven points in the fourth quarter, though he was nearly overshadowed by Lillard. Lillard went 15 of 22 from the floor and made a career-best seven 3s to go with six rebounds and four assists. A small but vocal crowd of supporters chanted his name at various times in the game, growing louder with each bucket he made in the fourth quarter. It wasnt enough for the Blazers, who had won three straight against the Warriors. "We didnt have much going in the first half," Portland coach Terry Stotts said. "Damian started to get it going and we rode on his shoulders. We opened it up for him." Lee scored 13 points in the first half and helped hold Aldridge to three points before the break. Lee had seven points during a 10-2 run that helped the Warriors take a 50-35 halftime lead. The early hole ruined Stotts plan of resting his starters. Aldridge played 43 minutes, Lillard played 42 and Wesley Matthews was in for 36. The trio combined to go 21 of 54. The Blazers were sluggish from the start on both ends of the court, had trouble getting the ball inside and missed 36 of their first 47 shots from the floor. Their frustrations boiled over when Matthews received a technical foul after yelling at an official following a turnover. Golden State led 67-47 midway through the third quarter before Lillard scored eight straight points early in the fourth to pull Portland to 82-74. NOTES: Portland attempted 43 3-pointers, the most ever against Golden State. ... Lee had his NBA-leading 15th game of at least 20 points and 10 rebounds. ... The Warriors played without backup centre Andris Biedrins (groin pull). ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes