Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

hamstring injuries. ... DE Matt Shaughnessy - Off ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

hamstring injuries. ... DE Matt Shaughnessy

Started by lili, 2014/06/23 01:08AM
Latest post: 2014/06/23 01:08AM, Views: 248, Posts: 1
hamstring injuries. ... DE Matt Shaughnessy
#1   2014/06/23 01:08AM
lili
(Sports Network) - The Toronto Blue Jays opened their six-game road trip on a high note and they are aiming for another win tonight in the middle portion of a three-game series versus the Chicago White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field. The Blue Jays, who recently swept Baltimore in three games from May 28-30, received a fine performance last night from Colby Rasmus, as he ended 5-for-5 with a home run, three RBI and four runs scored. "Tonight they fell in for me, which is nice," said Rasmus. "I felt comfortable at the plate with what I was trying to do with my approach and it worked out." David Cooper hit a two-run homer and collected three RBI for the Jays, who won for the fifth time in seven tries and sit two games off the lead in the AL East. The Blue Jays managed to get starting pitcher Ricky Romero his seventh win of the season (7-1) even though he didnt have his best stuff. Romero allowed five runs -- three earned -- and six hits in seven innings. Francisco Cordero and Luis Perez each threw a scoreless inning of relief. Blue Jays slugging first baseman Edwin Encarnacion did not play on Tuesday after he sustained a bruised right hand when he was hit by a pitch from Bostons Daniel Bard on Sunday. "The first day was bad, a lot of pain, a lot of soreness, but today Im feeling a lot better," said Encarnacion, who could return tonight and leads the club with 17 homers and 43 RBI. "Its getting better and better and I just have to keep doing my routine, doing my training and see how Ill be tomorrow." The Blue Jays will pin pitching duties on Brandon Morrow Wednesday and he has alternated decisions in each of his last five starts. Morrow came out on the winning end of a 4-1 triumph versus Baltimore last Wednesday and gave up just one run and four hits in 6 1/3 innings. Morrow rebounded nicely from an ugly start at Texas on May 25, when he lasted only two-thirds of an inning and surrendered six runs and five hits. He is 6-3 in 11 starts this season to go along with a 3.28 ERA. He also hasnt allowed a home run in seven straight starts after permitting six in his initial three starts of the season. The right-hander, who is 3-1 in five road starts, owns an 0-1 mark in nine career games (4 starts) against Chicago. Toronto and Chicago are meeting for the first time since the Blue Jays won four of seven encounters a season ago. Replacing Paul Konerko in the Chicago White Sox lineup is not an easy thing to do. Just ask Dayan Viciedo. Viciedo was moved to the cleanup spot in the batting order for Konerko, who has missed two straight games after undergoing a procedure on his left wrist. Konerko leads the majors with a .366 batting average and hasnt played since Saturday. Viciedo is 0-for-7 in the two games Konerko has missed. Konerko hasnt been on fire of late either, going 1-for-16 in his last four games, and could return Wednesday. He has had three days rest since Saturday. "Yeah, your body always feels better," said Konerko. "It gets to cool down for a couple of days. I think over the last year or so it has worked out well. Well see. "Sometimes its not immediate, but you kind of feel [better] more during the week. Sometimes it is immediate. You put in a good days work and get back out there." Chicago suffered a 9-5 loss to the Jays last night and managed just seven hits, with Alejandro De Aza, Alex Rios and A.J. Pierzynski finishing with two hits apiece. Pierzynski hit a two-run homer and Adam Dunn also went deep for the White Sox, whose lead atop the AL Central standings was trimmed to 1 1/2 games ahead of Cleveland. Chicago has lost two of three games since winning nine straight and 13 of 14 games, and is 2-2 on a nine-game homestand. Pale Hose starter Philip Humber was dealt the loss for giving up five runs and seven hits in five innings of work. Zach Stewart allowed four runs -- three earned -- in relief. "If you allow your struggles to make you stronger, they will," said Humber, who is 1-3 in his last four decisions since throwing a no-hitter on April 21. "Im going to be really strong after all these struggles." Jose Quintanas previous start didnt last very long, as he was ejected for throwing behind Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Ben Zobrist in a 4-3 Chicago win last Wednesday. Quintana pitched 3 2/3 innings that day and gave up a home run, while striking out two batters and walking none. The rookie left-hander then pitched two-thirds of an inning in relief during a 10-8 loss to Seattle on Saturday. Quintana is 1-0 with a 1.69 earned run average in four games (2 starts) this season and will face Toronto for the first time. Coach Handbags Outlet . -- Adrian Peterson hasnt wavered all summer: He says he is ready to play for Minnesota in the season opener. Coach Outlet . After 15 strikeouts in seven innings, Scherzers day was done, and the only question was whether the Detroit right-handers fine effort would go to waste. [url=http://www.official-coach-shop.com/]http://www.official-coach-shop.com/[/ur... . None of the allegations have been proven in court. "Its inappropriate for the club to comment or make anything in that regard," Stampeders President and COO Lyle Bauer told reporters on Monday. "Were very limited in our knowledge of the details and its in the hands of the law.ALAMEDA, Calif. - On the second play of practice for Oaklands starting offence, Carson Palmer stepped in and ran a play. The question now is whether Palmer can do enough this week to earn the starting quarterback job for the Raiders in place of the injured Jason Campbell. Palmer shared first-team snaps Wednesday with Kyle Boller, who has been with the Raiders the past two seasons and has a big advantage in terms of knowledge of the offence and chemistry with the receivers. But Palmer has the stronger pedigree and was acquired at a high price, meaning the Raiders will give him every possible chance to get that job as the starter on Sunday against Kansas City. "Its one day," coach Hue Jackson said. "Im not in a rush. I dont have to rush that decision. Im going to take my time and see where they are and see how fast he picks up the system, see how fast he gets in line with his teammates and well kind of go from there." Its been a whirlwind few days for Palmer, who was a retired player in Southern California on Monday. That changed Tuesday when Oakland shipped a 2012 first-round pick and a second-rounder in 2013 that could become another first if the Raiders make it to the AFC title game to Cincinnati for Palmer. Palmer had to pass a physical, meet his new teammates, start learning the playbook and then start shaking off the rust in his first practice since the end of last season. "Theres definitely a learning curve involved for sure and I noticed that right off the bat," Palmer said. "But it was exciting. It was fun to be playing football, it was fun to be in a huddle again, it was fun to be throwing routes in 7-on-7 and teams and all these things. But I definitely have my work cut out for me as far as getting the verbiage down, especially when it comes to playing the quarterback position." Palmer retired during the off-season rather than return to the Bengals. Cincinnati had refused to trade him but finally relented Tuesday when the Raiders made their big offer after Campbell broke his collarbone. Jackson said he had some concerns about starting a player at quarterback after only three practices with the team but that wont necessarily stop him from doing it. "I kind of like it like that,&quoot; Jackson said.dddddddddddd. "I think he kind of likes it like that. I think we all do. But well make the right decision for this football team. Weve got a game to win, and thats the most important thing. Whatever I think is going to help us win this football game thats what Im going to do." Palmers new teammates are excited to have him on board, many of them having watched or competed against Palmer over the years. But they know how tough it will be for Palmer to get up to speed quickly enough to play Sunday. "I just know if I was on the streets for a while Id need about, myself personally to knock the rust off as a defensive lineman, Id need personally about three weeks to get back into form," Richard Seymour said. Palmer spent time after practice doing extra work with receivers Darrius Heyward-Bey and Jacoby Ford. Ford said it would be tough for someone to come in and play that quickly, but that once the receivers build that chemistry with Palmer the offence should really get going. "Its just a matter of the timing, he has to get that down and get used to the offence and has to get used to new receivers," Ford said. "Whenever we can do that well be clicking on all cylinders." When Campbell went down it appeared that Boller would get a chance to start for the first time since 2009. He finished out Sundays 24-17 win over Cleveland but now might be headed back to the bench. Boller said thats just life in the NFL. "Listen, I want to be out there on the field, I want to be an NFL quarterback," Boller said. "Im going to do everything I can to go out there and perform, to give this team every chance to win the game. Thats my job as a quarterback. If Im the guy they choose to put out there on Sunday then Im going to do everything in my right mind to make sure that happens." Notes: FB Marcel Reece (ankle) worked out on the side and is getting closer to returning, Jackson said. ... MLB Rolando McClain (ankle) did not practice but Jackson expects him to be ready to play Sunday. ... CBs Chris Johnson and Chimdi Chekwa sat out with hamstring injuries. ... DE Matt Shaughnessy was placed on injured reserve and will need surgery on his shoulder. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes