Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

when his hip flared up again, then injured it agai...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

when his hip flared up again, then injured it again

Started by lili, 2014/06/14 11:56PM
Latest post: 2014/06/14 11:56PM, Views: 342, Posts: 1
when his hip flared up again, then injured it again
#1   2014/06/14 11:56PM
lili
CHICAGO -- Returning home after a rough road trip following the all-star break, the Chicago White Sox treated a rare sellout crowd to a sampling of how they need to play over the final two months of the season. They turned five double plays on defence and an offence that had been struggling showed some power with three homers on a hot Monday night at U.S. Cellular Field. That helped Gavin Floyd in his first start coming off the disabled list and gave the White Sox a 7-4 win over the Minnesota Twins, ending a five-game losing streak. "Like I said the offence sputtered for the last probably 10 days. We were able to get Gavin some runs early," said Adam Dunn, who hit his majors-leading 29th homer. "It was a good win. We needed it." Chicago lost seven of 10 on that three-city road trip and fell out of first in the AL Central to the surging Detroit Tigers. But Dunn insists its way too early to start looking at the scoreboard. Chicago trails the Tigers by a game. "Weve got two months of baseball, real meaningful baseball," Dunn said. "The goal is to get out of this little funk were in now and when it matters get hot. Who knows what is going to happen?" Paul Konerko and Alex Rios also homered off Twins left-hander Francisco Liriano. Making his first start in 16 days after being sidelined by elbow tendinitis, Floyd (8-8) wasnt sharp but benefited from four of the double plays. He walked six, gave up six hits and three runs -- two earned. Addison Reed got his 16th save in 19 chances and got some help when a leaping catch by shortstop Alexei Ramirez saved a run on Joe Mauers liner. "I think thats part of what Gavin needs to do. I think all our guys realize we can play defence," Chicago manager Robin Ventura said, pointing to the play of Ramirez and second baseman Gordon Beckham. "Those two in the middle did a great job of getting ground balls and getting Gavin out of some situations," Ventura added. "If they get through or you dont get those double plays, its a different kind of game." Floyd got out of a big jam in the first, allowing only one run after giving up a bunt single and two walks to load the bases with no outs. Josh Willingham then hit into a double play with the run scoring. Floyd allowed a run to score on a wild pitch in the second and the Twins scored again in the fifth when centre fielder Alejando De Aza overthrew second base on a relay when no one was at the bag. He was charged with an error. Liriano (3-10), who pitched a no-hitter at U.S. Cellular Field on May 3, 2011, lasted only 2 2-3 innings. He gave up seven hits -- including the three homers -- and a season-high seven runs in losing his third straight. Entering the game, hed yielded only three homers in his previous 70 2-3 innings and just nine all season. "I wasnt throwing anything down in the zone. I was missing my spots most of the time. I didnt have anything going for me tonight," Liriano said. "I couldnt locate my pitches. It was one of those nights." Konerkos three-run, opposite-field blast followed a single by De Aza and a walk to Kevin Youkilis in the first. It was his first homer since June 29 and 15th of the season. Dunn, mired in a 2-for-27 skid, hit a two-run shot to centre in the third. One batter later, Rios hit a long homer -- his 15th of the season -- to left to make it 7-2. Minnesotas Ryan Doumit hit his third homer in two games, a solo shot off reliever Jesse Crain, from Toronto, in the eighth. NOTES: Twins slugger Justin Morneau of New Westminster, B.C., was reinstated from a paternity leave after the game and the Twins optioned Chris Parmelee to triple-A Rochester. Morneau had been with his wife when she gave birth Saturday. ... Twins 3B Trevor Plouffe, who hurt his right thumb Friday, was out of the lineup again. He was examined by a doctor and manager Ron Gardenhire said he has a bruise near a nerve and is on medication. Plouffe will be re-evaluated daily. ... White Sox GM Ken Williams said his team is still in good position despite the tough road trip to begin the second half. "A lot of people didnt think we would be in this position right now and if we just kind of look at it from that standpoint, were in a nice spot as we head into August here, whether its a game and a half up or a game and a half back," he said. "Ultimately youve got to close it out anyway. Is it nice to be in first place and chased? Absolutely. But its our time to do a little chasing right now." ... The announced crowd of 37,788 was Chicagos second sellout of the season. ... Floyd has won four of his last five starts overall. He is now 6-11 in his career against the Twins. . His streak of 20-point games goes on. In their first meeting since a verbal clash led to Anthonys one-game suspension, New Yorks All-Star forward scored 28 points and the Knicks ended an 11-game losing streak in Boston with an 89-86 victory over the Celtics on Thursday night. [url=http://www.argentinasoccerteamshop.com/world-cup-ezequiel-lavezzi-argentina... Lavezzi Argentina Jersey . The 25th-ranked Dolgopolovs previous three finals appearances, including one victory, came in 250-level events. Dolgopolov relied in his high-risk, high-reward approach. "Its a part of me, my personality," said Dolgopolov, who added that he enjoys racing cars. . The Cleveland Cavaliers, meanwhile, got nothing but bad news. Brandon Jennings scored 28 points and Milwaukee gained ground in the Eastern Conference playoff race with a 121-84 rout over the Cavaliers. [url=http://www.argentinasoccerteamshop.com/world-cup-gonzalo-higuain-argentina-... Higuain Jersey . Lebanon stunned Iran 1-0 to get its campaign on track and South Korea managed a 2-2 draw against Uzbekistan to extend its lead in Group A. Iraq performed creditably after fielding a very inexperienced team, with coach Zico -- formerly in charge of Japan -- changing the entire starting lineup from the previous qualifier and only using stars Younes Mahmoud and Nashat Akram as second-half substitutes.ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins right tackle Jammal Brown has undergone another surgery on his left hip, ruling him out for four to six more weeks. Coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that he will meet with Brown to determine the linemans future. Brown missed the 2009 season after hip surgery when he was with the New Orleans Saints. The Redskins traded for him, but he hasnnt been able to regain the form that earned him Pro Bowl trips in 2006 and 2008.dddddddddddd Brown missed the last four games of last season when his hip flared up again, then injured it again while running sprints on the eve of this years training camp. Browns injury makes Tyler Polumbus the starting right tackle. Polumbus started three games last season. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes