Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e. They might catch a few balls, but weve got to -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e. They might catch a few balls, but weve got to

Started by lili, 2014/06/13 10:16PM
Latest post: 2014/06/13 10:16PM, Views: 292, Posts: 1
e. They might catch a few balls, but weve got to
#1   2014/06/13 10:16PM
lili
KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- A badly depleted Toronto FC lineup appeared poised most of the evening to gain a hard-earned point on the road for the second straight game. Unfortunately, a late-game collapse cost the Reds once again. Substitute Oriol Rosell scored his first goal in Major League Soccer in the 88th minute, leading Sporting Kansas City to a come-from-behind 2-1 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday. The loss dropped Toronto FC to 5-16-6, stretched its current winless streak to seven games and solidified its spot in the cellar of the Eastern Conference. "Its a long-playing record," said Toronto defender Richard Eckersley, who headed several KC crosses out of the Toronto penalty area and assisted on Ryan Johnsons goal in the 44th minute. "Its the same old story every week." Indeed, it marked the fifth time in the last eight games Toronto, which is missing seven regulars from its lineup because of injuries, has allowed a goal after the 80th minute. Rosells late goal ruined what otherwise was a hard-fought effort in which Toronto effectively hunkered down on defence and waited for counterattack opportunities. "Because of all of the injuries, we had to come in here and play a certain way," said Toronto coach Paul Mariner. "We set in and waited to break. We were in a great spot. Im just heartbroken for the players. They put a great effort in." Despite spending most of the first half on its heels defensively, Toronto FC entered halftime with a lead. Some dogged defence by Eckersley, Darren ODea and Jeremy Hall in the box kept Sporting from finishing its numerous chances. Goalkeeper Freddy Hall was required to make just two routine saves, one off a meek shot by Sportings C.J. Sapong in the 22nd minute and a second on a wild shot from Roger Espinoza outside the box in the 41st minute. Torontos only scoring chance prior to scoring came in the 35th minute, when Andrew Wiedeman broke free behind the KC defence, but keeper Jimmy Nielsen beat him to the ball for the save. But with a minute left in the half, Toronto finally got the break it needed. Eckersley found Johnson unmarked on the left side, just outside the KC penalty area. Johnson took one dribble toward goal and slid a shot low that beat Nielsen to his left and found the right corner of the net for his sixth goal of the season. It was Torontos only shot of the half. "I knew he was peeling off his man, so I just played the ball back to him," Eckersley said. Johnson nearly handed Toronto a two-goal lead in the opening minutes of the second half when he took a ball just outside the Sporting area and fired a shot off the right post. Instead, Sporting KC earned the equalizer in the 60th minute following an unfortunate foul and yellow card by Toronto midfielder Terry Dunfield on Graham Zusi just outside the box. Zusis free kick was headed out, but Sporting midfielder Paulo Nagamura took the rebound with a swinging right foot that bounced the ball hard to the turf and high over Halls head into the net. "We failed to clear the line," Mariner said. Toronto FC nearly regained the lead in the 79th minute when Luis Silva gained possession of a cross at the top of the KC six-yard box. Silva got off a hard shot, but Nielsen made a nice diving save. That set up Rosells game-winner nine minutes later. Myers, who had been dangerous on the right side the entire game, fluttered a cross into the box that Rosell skipped past an outstretched Hall into the left corner. "Its a hard way to lose," said Toronto defender Jeremy Hall. "We led 1-0 against a really good team at their place. Their first goal was a bad goal. The second one was just heartbreak in the 88th minute. "Yeah, it sucks." wholesale jerseys .Y. -- The surgery Mario Williams had to fix his sprained left wrist appears to have also done plenty in repairing the Buffalo Bills high-priced defensive ends self-confidence. wholesale nfl jerseys . Advantage, Djokovic. The top-ranked Serb got the big break when he needed it late in the third set and held off Murray 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 at the O2 Arena. "Another great match. Another great performance from both of us," said Djokovic, who has known Murray since they were 11 years old. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseys.us.com/... . The veteran mixed martial arts fighter made the announcement on the "UFC Tonight" TV show. [url=http://www.cheapsoccerjerseys.us.com/]cheap jerseys . Regarded as the fastest man on a bike, the road world champion has not been as successful this year as in previous Tours, as he and his teammates are working to help Wiggins rather than secure stage wins for Cavendish. cheap jerseys from china . Damon Feldman, of Broomall, Pa., won his complaint Wednesday after Canseco failed to show for his district court appearance. Feldmans lawyer Bob Bush says the award was for a little more than US$7,600.HAMILTON - Its a simple defensive strategy for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats when they take on Montreal in the Labour Day game — contain Alouette quarterback Anthony Calvillo. "When you let him get into a groove and make throws that he wants to make, its tough to beat them," said Ticat linebacker Jamall Johnson. "When were able to get pressure, weve got to make the most of it and not let him get into a groove. Put pressure on him, come out and stop their running game." A share of second place in the CFLs East Division is on the line with Montreal (5-3) currently in second, two points up on Hamilton (4-4). Hamilton won their first meeting, 34-26 at home on July 29, and the two will meet again next Sunday in Montreal and then again in October. You can watch the game live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV right now. Calvillo readily acknowledges the Ticats knocked him off his game in their previous meeting, and its something he is determined to change no matter who comes flying in his face. "What they did was they got pressure where I wasnt able to finish my throwing motion and I was very upset with myself on how I was not able to step into the ball," he said. "There were times when I could have, but I didnt." He promised that would not happen again. "My mind is already made up," said Calvillo. "If Im going to hit my hand on somebodys helmet, Im going to hit my hand on somebodys helmet. I cant afford to play like that. Theres five or six opportunities where we could have had first downs . . . Im going to make sure that Im going to step into every single ball and not wastte the play up there.dddddddddddd." This is the ninth time Hamilton will play Montreal on Labour Day and the Ticats are undefeated in those previous meetings – winning seven and tying one game in 1962. Both teams will enter this game trying to atone for mistakes that let wins get away from them last week. Montreal lost to Calgary 38-31 on the road, with a late Calvillo interception setting up Calgarys game-winning TD in the final minute of play. Hamilton lost in Winnipeg 30-27 after a turning point in the third quarter when Hamilton receiver Chris Williams was caught from behind by linebacker Joe Lobendahn, who forced a fumble at the one-yard line. To hear Calvillo talk, you wouldnt think the Alouettes offence continues to ride at the top of the leagues statistics, leading in points scored (253) and most yards (3,308), among others. He said his offence plans on mixing it up a little more this game. "We cant just throw it up all the time," he said. "Were going to have some different routes to give guys some opportunities to catch and run after they catch." So Johnson said the Ticats are going to have to be mindful of the entire Montreal offence, and be ready to react should Calvillo begin to find success. "We have to create more turnovers on defence," he said. "We have to tackle better. When we do those things, were in our groove. They might catch a few balls, but weve got to get there and hit them. "If we have a chance of taking the ball away, instead of us knocking it down or letting them get it, we need to go and take it away from them." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes