Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

most talented players of all time in Johnny Rodg -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

most talented players of all time in Johnny Rodg

Started by lili, 2014/06/13 10:16PM
Latest post: 2014/06/13 10:16PM, Views: 345, Posts: 1
most talented players of all time in Johnny Rodg
#1   2014/06/13 10:16PM
lili
MIAMI -- The Cincinnati Reds tied a season high with 17 hits and it was their final one that proved to be the biggest. Ryan Ludwick hit a go-ahead single in the 11th inning to lift the Reds to a 5-4 win over the Miami Marlins on Sunday. "That was a big one for us," Ludwick said. "Thats a team fighting to spoil people probably and they gave us all we could handle for three straight days. Just to be able to get that one was very important. Ludwick, Dioner Navarro, and Didi Gregorius each had three hits for the Reds, who left 14 men on base. "We did get a lot of hits," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "We left a ton of guys on base, had a lot of opportunities, which is the name of the game. The more opportunities you get, sooner or later youre going to bust through." Jonathan Broxton came on to pitch the bottom of the 11th for his second save with the Reds. Carlos Zambrano (7-10) was the Marlins ninth pitcher of the game when he came on to pitch the 11th. Zambrano, who had not pitched since Sept. 7, issued a lead-off single to Chris Heisey and walked Joey Votto before Ludwick singled through the left side for a 5-4 lead. "When you lay off that much, you cant ask too much," Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen said. "On the other hand my starting pitchers have been throwing seven, eight innings plus the last week, week and a half. Thats why the guys in the bullpen have not been pitching that much." Miami had an opportunity to score in the 10th when Giancarlo Stanton came to the plate with two runners on, but Logan Ondrusek (4-2) struck him out. "Ondrusek came in and got a big, big out on Stanton," Baker said. Donovan Solano drew a two-out walk from Broxton, who got John Buck to fly out to the deepest part of the ballpark to end the game. Bucks deep fly to centre field was caught by Drew Stubbs just in front of the 418-foot wall. "I knew in this ballpark to never give up on it because its so deep out there," Stubbs said. Jose Reyes hit a tying double off the right-field wall in the eighth inning off Mat Latos. "I thought the ball that Reyes hit was a homer," Baker said. "I didnt see where it hit on the wall and I was glad it stayed in the ball park." Reyes had three hits to lead the Marlins, who were searching for their first three-game sweep since June 29-July 1 when they swept Philadelphia. "Its tough when you hit the ball good and you think youve got a home run and the ball doesnt go out," Reyes said. "Its kind of tough as a hitter but like I say it is what it is. You have to deal with it." Latos pitched 7 2-3 innings allowing four runs and seven hits. He struck out eight and walked three. "I tried my best to keep us in," Latos said. "I wound up giving up a lead, thats always aggravating. Seems like thats been the story of the year for me for the most part. We got a W and we have to move forward. That magic number is getting closer and closer." The Reds magic number to clinch a playoff spot to begin the day was six over St. Louis and Los Angeles. Gregorius RBI single and Brandon Phillipss RBI ground out gave the Reds an early 2-0 lead. Miami tied the game at 2-all with a two-run triple by Greg Dobbs. Navarros RBI single allowed the Reds to re-gain the lead at 3-2. Cincinnati took a 4-2 lead after an RBI single by Ludwick in the sixth. The Marlins cut the deficit to 4-3 on a sacrifice fly by Donovan Solano. Marlins starter Ricky Nolasco allowed three runs and 10 hits in five innings. Nolasco had won his last three starts including two shutouts over Washington. "Obviously, this was not my best day," Nolasco said. "I got singled to death; a lot of ground balls just found the holes but its part of the game. I just tried to go as deep as I could." NOTES: The Reds also had 17 hits on June 14 against Cleveland and July 23 at Houston. ... It was Navarros first three-hit game since July 8, 2009 against Toronto while with Tampa Bay. ... Nolasco is 4-2 with a 3.00 ERA in his last seven starts. ... The Reds will send RHP Homer Bailey (11-9, 3.93 ERA) to the mound on Tuesday at Wrigley Field to face Cubs RHP Justin Germano (2-7, 6.24 ERA) to begin a three-game series. Miami will host Atlanta with RHP Nathan Eovaldi (4-12, 4.71 ERA) getting the start against Braves LHP Paul Maholm (12-10, 3.90 ERA). . The 21-year-old Chan, who is known for his rocky starts to the season, has new choreographers, new programs and a new lead coach in Kathy Johnson this season, and said he wasnt dismayed by the result. [url=http://www.argentinasoccerteamshop.com/world-cup-javier-mascherano-argentin... Mascherano Argentina Jersey . - Sharks coach Todd McLellans decision to start the season with familiar lines from a year ago is paying early dividends for San Jose. . His victory Sunday in the Texas Open didnt come easy. Neither did his words describing the redemption of nearly a decade spent falling from British Open champion to, this year, waiting by the phone simply for a chance to play. [url=http://www.argentinasoccerteamshop.com/world-cup-hugo-campagnaro-argentina-... Campagnaro World Cup Jersey . He scored twice and had an assist in the Prince Albert Raiders 5-3 win over the Kootenay Ice in Western Hockey League play.MONTREAL -- The Montreal Alouettes took their worst beating of the season a week ago in Hamilton and now they have to face quarterback Kevin Glenn and the Tiger-Cats again. The two teams that are tied for second place in the CFL East Division with 5-4 records meet at Percival Molson Stadium on Sunday (TSN, 1 p.m. ET) as part of league-wide back-to-back match-ups at mid-season. Most of the time, the team that loses the first game comes back to win the second, as Calgary did at Edmonton on Friday night, but there is extra urgency for the two-time defending champion Alouettes. Montreal has lost two in a row, and four of its last six games, and was trounced 44-21 last Monday at Ivor Wynne Stadium. "This is the 2011 team and were trying to find out who we are right now," said quarterback Anthony Calvillo. "We lost two consecutive games twice this year and were able to bounce back (last time). "But right now, I dont know how to look at it -- whether other teams have got better or we dropped off. All we know is its tough right now to win week to week. You cant make mistakes. In the games we lost, we made too many mistakes and thats unacceptable, especially from a veteran group. Especially on offence. And thats what were working on." The Alouettes offence moved the ball at times, but was unable to score a touchdown in Hamilton. The defence got the majors through turnovers, even if it had a miserable game overall. Avon Cobourne, the former Alouette who signed with Hamilton, ran for 102 yards and two touchdowns to lead the charge, but the injury-plagued defensive backfield also struggled against the Ticats strong receiving crew of Chris Williams, Dave Stala, Mo Mann and Bakari Grant. Mark Estelle, Jerald Brown and Etienne Boulay remain sidelined, along with Canadian middle linebacker Shea Emery, who will miss a second game with a concussion. To manage the import ratio, Jermain McElween will sit out while mobile defensive tackle Eric Wilson returns after being given the week off in Hamilton. And safety Marc-Olivier Brouillette is to return from the injured list. The Ticats are expected to be without all-star centre Marwan Hage, who would be replaced by Mark Dewit. Hamilton is 4-1 at home this season but only 1-3 on the road. The Ticats havent won in Monttreal since 2002.dddddddddddd But last week, their defence used a lot of unusual set-ups and had Calvillo off-balance. "They were an 80 per cent man to man, cover zero team, and they did the total opposite against us," he said. "They played a lot more zone and brought some blitzes they hadnt shown. "So give them credit for that. But whats great about our offence is, as long as I go through my reads, no matter what the defence does, I should be able to get to an open guy. There were times I didnt come down to my check down. There were times when I misread the coverage. Those are the mistakes where its not one person, its the collective group. And the way the league is now, you just cannot afford it." Guard Scott Flory said the Alouettes also need to turn up the intensity. "They mixed things up, they broke some of their tendencies and gave us a different look, but at the end of the day, its really about us," said Flory. "It shouldnt matter what they do. "Our schemes are set up that we should be able to block anything and the routes should be open. Weve got to get back to playing angry football. If we do that and come out with an edge, well be successful." The Ticats are 2-0 against Montreal with two meetings left, but a win will clinch the season series, which would be the difference if the teams end up tied at the end of the regular season. But it will be tough to win two in a row. Calvillo went into the weekends slate of games as the leagues top quarterback with 204 completions for 2,680 yards, Jamel Richardson was the top receiver with 902 yards and Brandon Whitaker was the top running back with 669 yards -- 48 more than Cobourne. The emotion should also be higher after the lopsided loss. "They werent really sportsmanlike, taking cheap shots and celebrating and things like that," said Montreal defensive end John Bowman. "Thats not cool, but the refs didnt slap them for it, so its all good." The Alouettes will honour one of their most talented players of all time in Johnny Rodgers, the "ordinary superstar" of the 1970s. There may be some trying times for people entering and leaving the game as a Grand Prix cycling race is being held at the same time, with the start-finish ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes