Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

him 2 for 5 from 40 to 49 yards this season and 15...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

him 2 for 5 from 40 to 49 yards this season and 15 for 17 from everywhere else, including 3 for

Started by lili, 2014/06/13 04:02AM
Latest post: 2014/06/13 04:02AM, Views: 325, Posts: 1
him 2 for 5 from 40 to 49 yards this season and 15 for 17 from everywh...
#1   2014/06/13 04:02AM
lili
BEIJING -- Top-seeded Novak Djokovic beat unseeded Florian Mayer of Germany 6-1, 6-4 on Saturday to advance to the final of the China Open. The Serb will face Frances Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France who led 6-1, 4-1 when Feliciano Lopez retired with a left wrist injury. In the womens event, top-ranked Victoria Azarenka beat ninth-seeded Marion Bartoli 6-4, 6-2 to set up a final against Maria Sharapova. Djokovic steamrolled past the 29th-ranked Mayer in the first set before securing the necessary break in the seventh game of a much closer second set. He double faulted on his first match point but won when Mayer hit a forehand wide two points later. Djokovic has so far played eight finals this season, winning three of them, including a successful defence of his Australian Open title. He leads Tsonga 7-5 in head-to-heads. "Hes a very powerful player, big serve, big forehand, and if that works he can win against anybody on any surface," Djokovic said of Tsonga. Lopez had the trainer on court after the 30th-ranked Spaniard lost the first set. "Even if today Feliciano was not in good shape, and even if he has a problem, I played well," Tsonga said. "This week my level goes better and better ... I didnt play like this since a couple of months, and maybe a couple of years now, and thats why I think I can win the final." Tsonga is 2-0 in finals this year, winning the Doha and Metz, France titles. Sharapova cruised to a 6-4, 6-0 victory over seventh-seeded Li Na of China in the other semifinal. Azarenka, who won her first Grand Slam title at the Australian Open in January, was tested in the first set by Bartoli and her unorthodox style of play, but ran ahead to a 5-1 lead in the second set. But Bartoli refused to allow Azarenka to serve out the match in the seventh game even though the Belarussian held a match point. Bartoli broke serve on a second opportunity when Azarenka hit a forehand long. Azarenka took advantage of her next match point on Bartolis serve in the eighth game. Sharapova, who will be playing for her fourth title of the year, took 68 minutes to secure the first set. The Russian finally went ahead when Li, serving at 4-5, sailed a forehand long on a second set point in the 10th game. Li saved the first set point in the opening set with a winning volley smash at 30-40, but made the forehand error two points later to lose her serve and the set. Sharapova needed only 33 minutes to take the second set, winning 25 of the 34 points played. "As far as today, it was a really high quality first set and a few ups and downs," Sharapova said. "I came back and then I broke her in that last game of the (first) set. "It was important for me to take that momentum going into the second." coach factory outlet .C. -- Kaillie Humphries extended her dominating win streak to six at a World Cup bobsled event Friday. coach outlet online . Since returning from the World Junior Hockey Championship, the 19-year-old goaltender has won back-to-back starts and has stopped 48 total shots to improve his record to 20-8-4, which is the third most amount of wins for any OHL goaltender. http://www.coachfactoryoutleto... . Lionel Messi was the recipient of two of Iniestas assists to score in the 47th and 52nd minutes. Iniesta himself netted five minutes later with a blast off the crossbar before setting up Cesc Fabregas in the 63rd at Ciutat de Valencia stadium. [url=http://www.coachfactoryoutletonlinesale.com/]cheap coach handbags . -- Chad Johnson understands many were writing him off after his forgettable 2011 season with the New England Patriots. coach outlet . The 40-year-old Nestor, who has won the most doubles titles in history, was unable to nose his fifth-seeded team into the quarter-finals. "They put a lot of pressure on us and conditions favoured them a bit more," said Nestor. DENVER -- Ah, that growing list of Broncos playmakers: Peyton Manning. Von Miller. Demaryius Thomas. Mitch Unrein? Well, yes. The second-year defensive lineman out of Wyoming played as big a role as Manning, Miller or anyone else Sunday in helping the Denver Broncos defeat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31-23 and wrap up their second straight AFC West title. Unrein caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Manning to open the scoring, then got the hit on Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman that forced a bad throw. It ended up in Millers hands and, moments later, the end zone for the score that turned the game into a runaway. "People are going to have to game-plan for that guy," cornerback Champ Bailey said. Thomas caught two other touchdown passes from Manning, who now has 29 this year and passed Jake Plummer and John Elway for the most scoring throws in a single season. The Broncos (9-3) won their seventh straight and wrapped up a date in January in the playoffs, though there were no champagne bottles being uncorked in the locker room. "Its one step," Bailey said. "Its not like weve done everything we want to do." The Bucs (6-6), surprising contenders under first-year coach Greg Schiano, fell a game behind Seattle for the second NFC wild-card spot and their loss clinched the NFC South for Atlanta. They were in this game until Unrein made his second big play and set the stage for Millers first NFL touchdown, which capped a 21-0 third quarter for Denver. "The reality is, we get hit and throw the pick-6," Schiano said. "That changes the complexion of the game. Now were not able to run the football. I mean, we didnt run it gang-busters in the first half. But we ran it. And ... if youre able to be in a game where you can run it, oftentimes youll be able to run it in the fourth quarter." The Broncos held Tampa Bay rookie Doug Martin to 56 yards on 18 carries. Manning went 27 for 38 for 242 yards, as the Broncos scored 30-plus points for the sixth time over their seven-game win streak -- a night-and-day difference from last year, when they won the division at 8-8 and played close-to-the-vest, low-scoring games with Tim Tebow running the offence. Yet despite Denvers big numbers Sunday, which included eight catches for 99 yards for Thomas and nine receptions for 89 yards from tight end Jacob Tamme, this was, yet again, a far-from-perfect effort from Manning and Co. The quarterback was frustrated in this first half, as a series of penalties, off-target throws and missed protections kept him biding his time on the bench. The only real highlight came at the end of his first drive -- a 1-yard touchdown pass to Unrein, who became the first defensive lineman to catch a touchdown pass in Broncos history, then celebrated with a big-time spike. "After I spiked it, I was, liike, Uh, oh, whered it go?" Unrein said.dddddddddddd. "Luckily, I got it back." Unreins hit on Freeman in the third quarter also resulted in a touchdown -- this time, from Miller, who went 26 yards to make it 28-10. It was Millers first career score and he celebrated by doing his dance thing, not in the backfield, but this time in the other teams end zone. "When I got my hands on it, I felt like I only had some O-linemen in front of me," Miller said. "I felt like my odds were pretty good." Before the Miller TD, this was a game. Late in the first quarter, Freeman found Mike Williams in single coverage down the middle for a 40-yard gain. Martin followed with a 7-yard run, then another for 5, then Freeman found Mannings old buddy in Indianapolis, Dallas Clark, for an 11-yard touchdown and a 10-7 lead. But when the teams came out after halftime, Denver was a different team. "The hype these guys get, its well deserved," Freeman said. "They get after it. The front four, they do a good job of timing their blitzes. The Denver defence played a great game today." Manning wasnt bad, either. With his ninth completion, he surpassed Dan Marino for second on the all-time completions list. He now has 4,986. On the second drive of the third quarter, Manning completed three passes on a quick, 52-yard touchdown drive for a 14-10 lead, capping it with an 8-yard pass to Thomas, who had a sliver of space in the back of the end zone. After a three-and-out, Manning did it again, starting a 57-yard drive with a 14-yard pass to Tamme and capping it five plays later with a 10-yard score to Thomas, who beat double coverage. "What I liked about the second touchdown was that Demaryius was seeing the same thing I was seeing," Manning said. "We had another route on. We changed it at the line. We were thinking along the same lines. I like to see the communication, the growth." After the early touchdown drive, Freeman never got comfortable again. He finished 18 for 39 for 242 yards. He led the Bucs on a 47-yard touchdown drive that made the score 31-23 with 2:33 left. Denver recovered the onside kick and lined up in victory formation twice. Schiano, as is his wont, had his players challenge those plays, which led to some scrapping, but no coach-to-coach conflict the way Giants coach Tom Coughlin confronted Schiano under similar circumstances earlier this year. "We were prepared for it," Broncos coach John Fox said. Notes: Broncos K Matt Prater missed from 47 yards, making him 2 for 5 from 40 to 49 yards this season and 15 for 17 from everywhere else, including 3 for 4 from 50-plus. ... Martin was held under 60 yards for the second straight week. ... Matthew Willis, getting playing time that wouldve gone to injured Brandon Stokley, had three catches for 22 yards. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes