Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

his left wrist instead of the brace he had the fir...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

his left wrist instead of the brace he had the first

Started by lili, 2014/06/07 07:39AM
Latest post: 2014/06/07 07:39AM, Views: 323, Posts: 1
his left wrist instead of the brace he had the first
#1   2014/06/07 07:39AM
lili
CRESWELL, Ore. -- Casey Martin and his cart are headed back to The Olympic Club for the U.S. Open. Martin, who successfully sued for the right to ride a cart because of a rare circulatory disorder in his right leg, earned a spot in the U.S. Open on Monday night when he holed a 5-foot par putt in darkness on the final hole at Emerald Valley Golf Club. The 40-year-old Martin, now the golf coach at Oregon, turned with his hands on his hips and looked toward the darkening clouds after making the putt for a 36-hole score of 138. Had he missed, he would have been in a three-man playoff for two spots. He had planned on going to North Carolina next week to watch recruits in a junior tournament. "This is a little better," Martin told the Golf Channel. Martin, a Stanford teammate of Tiger Woods at Stanford, has Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber syndrome, a rare circulatory disorder that causes severe pain and makes it virtually impossible for him to walk 18 holes. He sued the PGA Tour and won the right to use a cart in 1998, and the U.S. Open allowed him to use it at Olympic in 1998 when he qualified for the U.S. Open. He tied for 23rd. Martin earned his way onto the PGA Tour in 1999 and eventually won his lawsuit to ride a cart. He failed to keep his PGA Tour card after one year, and eventually became the golf coach at Oregon. But with the U.S. Open returning to Olympic, and a qualifying site so close to home, he decided to give it a try. Martin had not played golf in nine days because of the NCAA Championships at Riviera, where the Ducks reached the semifinals on the weekend. "I was just going to play golf," he said. "And if I got hot, great." Martin opened with a 69 over the first round, and he started to think this was in the cards on the eighth hole. He couldnt find an errant tee shot, but just when he was about to go back to the tee to play his third shot, his caddie found the mud-covered ball in the rough. Martin wound up chipping in from 30 yards for birdie after what had looked like a sure double bogey. He stumbled coming in with bogeys on the 16th and 17th, yet he insisted on finishing in the dark because he was exhausted from the NCAAs last week. "I wanted to get it done because I need to sleep," he said. "Im exhausted. I really just wanted to rest. I should not have putted, but Im very glad I did." It didnt take long for him to look toward next week at Olympic, a tough golf course built on tree-lined property that leads down to Lake Merced. "Ill be nervous," he said. "Its really hard. I want to be excited, but I know when I get on the first tee, its going to be difficult." cheap jerseys . Talks first began between Smiths agent and school officials during the 2010-11 season. After roughly a year and a half, the two sides finally reached a point where they were comfortable with both the language and the timing of the contract. Wholesale nfl jerseys . Jenkins, will be making his first big league start after 10 consecutive relief outings. The 24-year-old allowed two hits and no runs through his first five outings across seven innings, but has been scored upon at least once in each of his last five performances. http://www.jerseysgod.com/ . The Nashville Predators forward was suspended two games Tuesday following a collision with Buffalos Ryan Miller on Saturday night. wholesale jerseys . Butler scored a career-high 19 points and Nate Robinson added 15 as the Chicago Bulls beat the Charlotte Bobcats 93-85 on Monday night. cheap jerseys from china . Verdasco, the top seed and 2008 champ, converted five of 18 break points in the second-round victory. Gulbis served eight aces but could not overcome Verdasco, who picked up his game in the third set. SAN FRANCISCO -- Joe Montana never did it. Neither did Steve Young or Y.A. Tittle. Even the architect of the West Coast offence, Bill Walsh, could only imagine such a massive mark. Of all the Hall of Fame quarterbacks and coaches in the history of the San Francisco 49ers, leave it to Alex Smith and Jim Harbaugh to set a new standard. Smith threw for a season-high 303 yards and three touchdowns, Frank Gore ran for 106 yards and a score, and the 49ers amassed a franchise-record 621 yards in blowing by the Buffalo Bills 45-3 on Sunday. San Francisco also became the first team in NFL history with 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing. "Very cool," Smith said. "When you think of the 49ers, you think of great offence." Michael Crabtree (seven catches for 113 yards) and Vernon Davis (seven catches for 106 yards) each eclipsed the century mark to pull San Francisco (4-1) into a tie with Arizona for the NFC West lead. Even Randy Moss, rarely targeted in his comeback, caught a pass for 11 yards. Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall pick out of Utah, threw TD passes of 43, 28 and 10 yards and surpassed 300 yards passing for only the third time in his career -- and first in a victory. The last time came when he had 309 yards in a loss at Philadelphia two years ago -- "a completely different world," he said -- in former coach Mike Singletarys final season. "Quarterback was near perfect," Harbaugh said. The Bills again found themselves on the wrong side of a 49ers record -- and quite a few others, too. Rian Lindell kicked a 31-yard field goal in the first quarter before the 49ers scored the final 42 points to hand Buffalo (2-3) its second straight embarrassing loss. San Franciscos previous best was 598 yards in a 34-31 loss to the Bills on Sept. 13, 1992, which also was Buffalos worst. Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 126 yards and an interception, and the Bills rushed for only 89 yards, most with the game well out of hand once again. "They flat-out dominated the game from end to end," Fitzpatrick said. "We just got beat bad by a better team today. There was no fancy stuff. They are who they are and they just played better." Far better. The Bills allowed 45 second-half points and 580 total yards in a humiliating 52-28 home loss to New England last week. Beginning a two-week road trip, Buffalos baggage also travelled to the West Coast. Since taking a 21-7 lead against the Patriots, Buffalo has been outscored 90-10. The Patriots and 49ers combined to gain 1,201 yards. And with the 49ers shredding the New York Jets last week, theyve outscored opponents 79-3 in their last two games. The Bills became the first team to give up at least 550 yards in consecutive games in the same season since the 1950 New York Yanks. "I have no answers and no excuses," beleaguered Bills coach Chan Gailey said. "I dont have the answers and I have to find the answers. Thats my job." With the Bills unable to slow anybody doown on defence, San Francisco abandoned its usually conservative game plan to deliver a scintillating show in the air.dddddddddddd Smith, who sprained his middle finger in the fourth quarter, completed 18 of 24 passes. He also had a perfect 158.3 passer rating in the first half, when he threw for 237 yards -- a career best for a half. The longest completion Smith had in the first four weeks was for 29 yards. In the first half alone, he completed a 53-yarder to Davis that set up a field goal by David Akers, a 43-yard touchdown to Kyle Williams and hooked up with Crabtree for 36 yards. Williams took the back-shoulder pass from Smith, spun away from a defender and ran the final 10 yards free into the end zone. Williams fell to his knees, raised his arms and nodded to the sun-splashed crowd at Candlestick Park after giving the 49ers a 10-3 lead. Every time the Bills blew an opportunity -- and they blew plenty -- the 49ers capitalized. Backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who ran for 39 yards on four carries, fumbled on an end-around and Buffalo took over at its own 17. Two plays later, Patrick Willis stripped Scott Chandler, San Francisco recovered and Smith floated a 28-yard touchdown to Crabtree to put the 49ers in front 17-3 with 24 seconds to go before the half. "Everything about today was just amazing," Crabtree said. A holding penalty on Buffalos Jairus Byrd wiped out a punt return Leodis McKelvin took for a touchdown in the first quarter. The offence failed to score any points after McKelvin returned a kickoff 59 yards. And after a 12-play, 75-yard drive that took nearly 6 minutes stalled in the second quarter, Lindell kicked a field goal for Buffalos only score. Smith led another touchdown drive that featured Kaepernick gaining 15 yards on a sweep and ended one play later when Gore dove over the pile for a TD that extended San Franciscos lead to 24-3. Chris Culliver intercepted an underthrown pass by Fitzpatrick just shy of the goal line to end Buffalos best chance to reach the end zone all afternoon. Smith also tossed a 10-yard TD pass to Mario Manningham, Kaepernick ran 16 yards for a score and Anthony Dixon added a 3-yard run for the final touchdown. "Im not a big statistical guy, dont get caught up in it," 49ers offensive co-ordinator Greg Roman said. "But at the same time, just in the normal course of events to be able to throw up that kind of production, obviously were doing something right." NOTES: Buffalo allowed 500 yards in consecutive games for the first time in franchise history. ... Bills DE Mario Williams wore a small stabilizer on his left wrist instead of the brace he had the first four weeks. He appeared to grimace after a few plays. "Its good one day, and bad the next day," said Williams, who had two tackles and no sacks. ... Byrd injured a chest muscle, and Bills OL Chad Rinehart hurt his calf in the second half and did not return. Both are day to day. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes