Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

birdies on Nos. 10, 12, 14, 15 and 17. "We both pl...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

birdies on Nos. 10, 12, 14, 15 and 17. "We both pl

Started by lili, 2014/06/04 10:46PM
Latest post: 2014/06/04 10:46PM, Views: 225, Posts: 1
birdies on Nos. 10, 12, 14, 15 and 17. "We both pl
#1   2014/06/04 10:46PM
lili
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - The steady improvement DeAndre Jordan has displayed at the offensive end during the Los Angeles Clippers first six preseason games has been evident to anyone who watched him struggle around the basket last season. Jordan had another strong game Monday night with 18 points and 12 rebounds, leading the Clippers to an 88-71 victory over the Golden State Warriors. "I worked tremendously hard with Marc Iavaroni and a number of the other coaches on my offensive game," Jordan said. "They all said that I had it before, but they told me I needed to just slow down and take my time when I got down there under the basket. "Last year I was a little too excited and was working too fast, but now Im getting more comfortable and letting the game come to me," he added. "Thats what a lot of the veterans told me to do. My teammates trust me with the ball, and that builds my confidence. That confidence has definitely helped me in the preseason, and hopefully it will carry over to the regular season." Blake Griffin finished with 14 points, seven boards and six assists for the Clippers (3-3), and Chris Paul had 11 points, nine assists and only one turnover during a team-high 26 minutes. "Were doing OK, but weve still got to build on the defensive end," Paul said. "I think weve showed the capability of scoring at high levels every night, but one thing I kept saying at halftime was that we cant rely on that. The good teams in this league rely on defence night in and night out, and thats what weve got to do. We have to keep the pressure on. I wish effort was enough to win in this league, but its not. We still have to play smart." Coach Vinny Del Negro sat all of his starters throughout the fourth quarter after Los Angeles built a 79-53 lead. The Clippers outscored Golden State 24-2 in the points-off-turnovers department over the first three quarters, committing only five turnovers while forcing 19 by the Warriors. "I thought it was the first time in a long time that we looked like a bad team," Warriors coach Mark Jackson said. "We didnt rebound the basketball, we didnt take care of the basketball, we didnt execute, and we took the path of least resistance. Its embarrassing. "Were a much better basketball team than we played like tonight, but its not a setback," Jackson added. "Weve been riding a pretty high wave and things have been going great. So tonight was a good experience for us. Well see how it feels to see what happened when you decide to stray away from who we are and why weve been so successful." Jarrett Jack had 14 points and David Lee added 12 points and nine rebounds for the wounded Warriors (5-2), who were without Andris Biedrins because of tightness in his groin and Stephen Curry due to a sore right ankle. Center Andrew Bogut continues to recover from a fractured left ankle that occurred last January while he was with Milwaukee, and the Warriors have set no timetable for his return to the lineup. "Were patient and were listening to the doctors," Jackson said. "Hes working hard, hes getting rehab and well put him out on the floor when hes a hundred per cent. But were in no rush because we understand how important he is to this basketball team." Jordan paced the Clippers to a 52-39 halftime lead with 13 points and eight rebounds. The Warriors were trailing 70-45 when reserve swingman Jeremy Tyler fouled Griffin in the lane on a delayed slam-dunk attempt. Tyler made a move toward Griffin and received a technical foul. Paul, Jordan and Clippers teammate Caron Butler all went over to Tyler and calmed him down before Griffin took his free throws. Los Angeles never trailed, building a 41-25 margin with 4 minutes left in the half and getting 16 of its first 18 field goals off assists. Golden States bench started out a collective 0 for 9 from the field and finished 9 for 37 overall as the Clippers reserves outscored their Warriors counterparts 32-22. NOTES: Jerry West, who has a statue of himself right outside Staples Center commemorating his Hall of Fame career with the Lakers, attended the game. He currently is a member of the Warriors executive board. ... In a poll of NBA general managers released by the league on Monday, Paul was voted the best point guard (69.0 per cent) and the best team leader (27.6). Injured teammate Chauncey Billups got the nod for which player would make the best head coach someday (20.7). ... Grant Hill and Lamar Odom didnt play for the Clippers because of knee issues. When Hill plays his third game of the regular season, it will be his 1,000th in the NBA. Had it not been for a rash of debilitating injuries, the 18-year veteran would be approaching 1,500 by now. ... Jackson has more seasons of NBA playing experience (17) than any other current head coach in the league. Two of them were with the Clippers, including a trip to the playoffs in 1993. Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses. Coach Kevin ONeill said Saturday night that Jones "has been nothing short of magnificent for us for two years" and that he wants him to graduate from USC. Jones started 57 of 66 games during his first two seasons with the Trojans, averaging 11. Cheap Ray Ban., scored three goals to lift Canada to a 6-0 win over Argentina in its opening match of the under-20 Womens World Cup on Monday. http://www.rb-sunglassesoutlet.com/. A person familiar with the deal said the New York Jets and the veteran safety agreed to terms Friday on a one-year contract worth $1. Ray Ban Outlet. Verdasco, the top seed and 2008 champ, converted five of 18 break points in the second-round victory. Gulbis served eight aces but could not overcome Verdasco, who picked up his game in the third set. NAPLES, Fla. -- U.S. Ryder Cup captain Davis Love III and Brandt Snedeker shot a 10-under 62 on Friday in modified alternate-shot play to take the first-round lead in the Franklin Templeton Shootout. Love said everyone on the U.S. team wanted to play with Snedeker, a captains pick, so he took that advice this week. "Thats why I was so excited to play with him, because I knew it would be fun and comfortable," Love said. Love and Snedeker made 10 birdies for the lowest score in the modified alternate-shot format in the 24-year-old tournaments 12 years in Naples. They tied the third-lowest score overall. "For the first time in my career, I got to feel like what its like to be Davis Love, to hit from some of his tee shots, and hit from some of his beautiful iron shots on these par 3s, and realize how the game is supposed to be played," Snedeker said. Kenny Perry and Sean OHair were two strokes back on the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resorts Tiburon Golf Club. "In this format, both players have got to play well," OHair said. Perry was thankful OHair saved him after a couple of poor chip shots. "I didnt realize hhow long he was," Perry said.dddddddddddd "I used to hit it kind of close to him, and now I realize I need to be staying on the Champions Tour after how far he hits it. I was just stunned." The teams of Bud Cauley and Rickie Fowler, Jason Dufner and Vijay Singh, and Charles Howell III and Rory Sabbatini were third at 6 under. Defending champions Keegan Bradley and Brendan Steele and 2010 winners Dustin Johnson and Ian Poulter, and Stewart Cink and Carl Pettersson followed at 5 under. The 12 teams will play best ball Saturday, then closed the Greg Norman-hosted event with a scramble Sunday. Love made an 8-foot birdie putt on No. 1, and a 30-footer on No. 3. "Momentum really jump-started," Snedeker said. The two followed with three straight on Nos. 6-8, then added birdies on Nos. 10, 12, 14, 15 and 17. "We both played well and both made a few putts, but we both drove it well," Love said. "I think that was the key. We were picking which drive on every hole we wanted to use rather than one guy being out of the hole and struggling." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes