Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ere among those who were limited. "We need to - Of...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ere among those who were limited. "We need to

Started by lili, 2014/06/04 02:06AM
Latest post: 2014/06/04 02:06AM, Views: 259, Posts: 1
ere among those who were limited. "We need to
#1   2014/06/04 02:06AM
lili
ATLANTA -- Tim Hudson is making it easy to forget he missed most of the first month of the season recovering from back surgery. The Braves jumped on Cincinnatis Johnny Cueto early Tuesday night and Hudson pitched seven strong innings to beat the Reds 6-2. Hudson (2-1) has allowed two runs or less in three of four starts since returning from surgery to repair a herniated disc. "Im feeling better each time out," Hudson said. "Every week that passes by I feel like Im getting a little healthier. Im really not concerned with it. I feel like Im as healthy now as I have been in a really long time." Hudson threw six scoreless innings before giving up two runs in the seventh. He allowed nine hits and two runs in seven innings. Brian McCann homered in the second inning and the Braves scored four runs in the third and led 6-0 after four innings. "We got a nice lead early," the 36-year-old Hudson said. "It makes my job a lot easier. I can go out there and be a lot more aggressive in the zone. I can challenge guys a little more." Cueto (4-1) led the major leagues with his 1.12 ERA before giving up six runs, five earned, on eight hits in four innings. He had allowed only one earned run over 23 innings in his last three starts. Cueto said the loss is a painful reminder that dominant pitching is not automatic. "Its part of the game. Im not a robot!" a smiling Cueto said through interpreter Tomas Vera, the Reds assistant athletic trainer. "Its been a while," Cueto said of his first rough start of the season. "I dont think anything was wrong. I was feeling really well. All my pitches we good. Its just part of the game. Its the way it goes." The Braves sent 11 batters to the plate while scoring four runs off Cueto in the third. Prado and Chipper Jones had run-scoring singles, Jason Heyward doubled in a run and Dan Uggla added a sacrifice fly in the long inning. "They hit him pretty good tonight," said Reds manager Dusty Baker of Cueto. "That was just not one of Johnnys better outings. "Just sometimes you get hit, you know what I mean? Especially against a hot-hitting team like the Braves. Youre not going to keep them down forever." The first-place Braves moved one-half game ahead of the Nationals in the NL East. Michael Bourn had three hits and scored two runs and Martin Prado also had three hits for the Braves, who had 12 hits. "Were a good offence," said McCann, who had two hits. "Everybody battles every at-bat. Tonight was no different." Kris Medlen gave up two hits in the eighth before ending the inning on pinch-hitter Ryan Ludwicks flyball to left field. Craig Kimbrel gave up two-out walks to Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips in the ninth before closing out the win on Jay Bruces groundout. Cuetos ERA rose to 1.89, leaving Atlantas Brandon Beachy (1.60) with the majors best mark. McCann hit his sixth homer, his first since May 2, in the second inning. The Reds committed two errors to help the Braves score an unearned run in the fourth. Bourn singled and moved to second on Cuetos wild pickoff attempt. A fielding error by Chris Heisey in left field on Prados single allowed Bourn to score for a 6-0 lead. Ryan Hanigans double drove in Todd Frazier for the Reds first run in the seventh. Drew Stubbs single drove in Hanigan. Notes: 1B Eric Hinske started for Freddie Freeman, who was held out with a scratch on his right eye. Freeman hopes to return on Wednesday. ... The Reds begin an unusual stretch of five games in New York on Wednesday when they open a two-game series against the Mets with RHP Mike Leake (0-5) looking for his first win. The stay in New York continues with a three-game weekend series against the Yankees. ... LHP Mike Minor (2-2) and the Braves open a two-game home series against Miami on Wednesday night. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/dominic-moore-red-jersey.html]http... . And that is precisely what happened. Tillman took a three-hit shutout into the eighth inning to extend a run of successful starts by Baltimore pitchers, and the Orioles beat Jason Vargas and the Mariners 3-1 on Monday night. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/jacques-plante-red-jersey.html]htt... . For weeks, he has hung around Clevelands offices doing what he could to help new owner Jimmy Haslam. Holmgren attended meetings, practices and games. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/pk-subban-red-jersey.html]http://w... . "But its always going to be about that last game," Hart said. A day after Hart resigned as Canadas mens soccer coach, he told the media that the humiliating 8-1 loss to Honduras that knocked the team out of World Cup qualifying left him with no choice but to leave. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/dickie-moore-red-jersey.html]http:... . Artetas first goal in the 26th minute came after Santi Cazorla went down lightly under Steven Reids challenge, enraging West Brom manager Steve Clarke who said there was "zero contact. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/guy-lapointe-red-jersey.html]http:... . Both aces folded midway through a seesaw game that went to the Los Angeles Dodgers because their relievers performed a little bit better than their counterparts on the Chicago White Sox.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Matt Cassel is getting another start at quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs. Brady Quinn still has not been cleared to participate in a game following his concussion, so Cassel will be back under centre when the Chiefs play the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. "Brady does feel better. Im glad hes feeling better. But he hasnt been cleared to play yet," Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said during whats become a weekly Wednesday ritual of addressing the QB spot. "I cant take the chance on practicing the guy and not having him ready." Cassel will start his third consecutive game. He was the starter earlier this year before sustaining his own concussion against Baltimore. Quinn was the fill-in starter for a game, and then got the permanent job, only to be knocked out of his second start against Oakland. Quinn has been practicing, but Crennel said hes not been cleared for full contact. "Hes feeling a lot better, doing a lot better," Crennel said. "He went to the doctor and he told him hes doing a lot better. The doctor also told him he was going to monitor him this week, and if he makes it through this week without incident, he could be cleared for the weekend. But hes got to make it through the week." Quinn admitted last week that he tried to play through the latest concussion, which he believes happened when an Oakland defenders knee collided with the back of his helmet while he was scrambling early in the game. Quinn was later sacked, and then threw an interception during which he recalled having "tunnel vision," before he was removed from the game. Quinn has been consulting with Dr. Micky Collins, the executive director of the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program in Pittsburgh, one of the leading experts in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of athletes who have suffered concussions. Collins helped design the ImPACT test now used by many professional sports leagues, including the NFL, to assess concussions and determine when an injured athlete can safely return to play.dddddddddddd Crennel said that the Chiefs training staff has been relaying information to Collins, and together theyll make a determination by Sunday whether Quinn is available. "If there are any complications, they will not clear him," Crennel said. The alternative is to stick with Cassel, who is having one of the worst seasons of his career. Hes completing 58 per cent of his throws with a quarterback rating of 66.6, and has only thrown six touchdown passes with 12 interceptions. The most recent pick, early in overtime Monday night, gave the Steelers a chip-shot field goal to win the game. It was the Chiefs sixth straight defeat. "Without a doubt, you look at where we are, were 1-8, and thats always difficult, because you have to remind yourself we have more football to play," Cassel said. "Sometimes that becomes difficult, but at the same time, I have the mentality that we can be better." In other injury news, Crennel said that wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin is being examined for head and neck injuries sustained when he landed on his head while trying to make a catch. Crennel said Baldwin, the Chiefs first-round pick last year, was undergoing "base-line testing" to determine whether he has a concussion. Along with both of the Chiefs quarterbacks, tight end Kevin Boss and fullback Nate Eachus have also sustained concussions this season. Tight end Jake OConnell (ankle) and right guard Jon Asamoah (thumb) were held out of practice Wednesday. Defensive tackle Dontari Poe (knee), tight end Steve Maneri (ankle) and wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (thigh) were among those who were limited. "We need to build on the effort, energy and attitude we played with Monday night," Crennel said. "Nobody is happy with our record. We have to improve on Mondays performance, and I feel like the second half of the season can be much better." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes