Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

) -- pass or not pass the test, everyone was leani...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

) -- pass or not pass the test, everyone was leaning toward us not playing." Cutler said he hopes to

Started by lili, 2014/06/04 02:05AM
Latest post: 2014/06/04 02:05AM, Views: 293, Posts: 1
) -- pass or not pass the test, everyone was leaning toward us not pla...
#1   2014/06/04 02:05AM
lili
TORONTO - UFC fighter Jake Shields says he has been banned for six months for taking a prohibited substance. "Prior to my professional bout at UFC 150 in Denver, Colorado, I used a substance prohibited by Colorado Boxing Commission rules," the 33-year-old American said Friday in a statement released by his management group. "This was a mistake that I fully regret. I have shared this issue with my family and the UFC and I have apologized to them and now I also apologize to you, the fans. I promise this will never occur again in my fighting career. "I accept the (Colorado) Boxing Commissions decision for a six-month suspension, which will expire in February. I ask that you accept my apology. I will be back fighting soon, and hope that the fans of MMA will support me until that time." The former Strikeforce champion won a unanimous decision over middleweight Ed (Short Fuse) Herman on the Aug. 11 card at the Pepsi Centre. A spokeswoman for Shields Authentic Sports Management said she was not at liberty to release anything else. Michael Jordan Black Jersey . Van der Gulik also had three assists in regulation for the Monsters (13-13-2), who also got a goal and an assist from Tyson Barrie. Brad Malone and Mike Sgarbossa also scored for Lake Erie. Michael Jordan Youth Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.shopth... .C. -- Webb Simpson was nervous playing in the same group with Tiger Woods. [url=http://www.shopthechicagobulls.com/Michael-Jordan-Jersey/]Michael Jordan Red Jersey . Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo beat goalkeeper Joe Hart in the 90th minute to cap a dramatic comeback as the nine-time Champions League winners twice came from behind for a morale-boosting victory over the English champions following a week of domestic disarray. Michael Jordan Swingman Jersey . Wednesday night in front of 6,167 at Shaw Park, the Sioux City Explorers pounded out 15 hits and beat the Goldeyes 10-9. CHICAGO -- Jay Cutler was back home, nursing his concussion and watching as the Chicago Bears got pounded by the San Francisco 49ers on Monday night. Whether hell be back behind centre this weekend remains to be seen. "Thats the goal, and thats what were hoping for," Cutler said Tuesday on ESPN Radios "Waddle & Silvy" show. He said hes feeling "as normal as can be" and will play again this season. He said he "cant say that for sure" when asked if hell be ready to play against Minnesota. Having their starting quarterback certainly would help the Bears, who are suddenly reeling after back-to-back losses to two of the leagues top teams in Houston and San Francisco. What happened against the 49ers was particularly ugly and gave more fuel to skeptics who believe the Bears record was fattened by lacklustre opponents over the first half of the season. Chicago, after all, is 0-3 against the top teams on their schedule when you add the loss at Green Bay in Week 2. The Bears (7-3) are still in first place, tied with Green Bay for the NFC North lead, and thats something they pointed out afterward. "That is the upside coming off of this loss," receiver Devin Hester said. Coach Lovie Smith said, "We have to take 7-3 into it. And Im not disappointed in us being at the top of our division with the best record, tied for the best record in our division. Thats the football team that we are." They wont be for long if this keeps up. A defence that had been dominant got picked apart, with backup Colin Kaepernick throwing for 243 yards and two touchdowns in his first career start while Alex Smith sat out to heal from a concussion of his own. The 49ers scored on each of their first four possessions, and the Bears never recovered. Their offence struggled again, and things were particularly bad in the trenches, with Aldon Smith terrorizing Jason Campbell for 5 1/2 sacks. They got little from their run game, with Matt Forte managing just 63 yards, and Campbell,, the experienced backup the Bears brought in during the off-season after crumbling with Caleb Hanie last year, couldnt do much.ddddddddddddHe threw for just 107 yards and got picked off twice. Then again, the way the line was blocking, it might not have mattered if Cutler was playing. Either way, its not hard to see why Campbell used phrases such as "worst nightmare" and "wakeup call" afterward. The Bears had a chance to show they could beat an elite team, and got flattened instead. "I have never been on a team that works harder, coaches and players," said Brandon Marshall, who was swarmed all night and finished with two catches for 21 yards. "We really are excited about this opportunity we have, as far as the entirety of the season. There is no complacency. It seems like every time we win a game we work a little bit harder. I love that about this team. We just have to get better, especially on the offensive side of the ball, and that starts with the leaders. Me being one of the guys, I have to be better." Beating the Vikings (6-4) is no sure thing. League rushing leader Adrian Peterson has averaged just under 103 yards in eight games against them and went off for 224 in a game in 2007, the most ever by a Bears opponent. On the other side, Jared Allen tends to give them fits with 13 sacks in eight games against Chicago, and that doesnt bode well, whether its Campbell or Cutler at quarterback. And, of course, Cutler hopes its him. Asked if its safe to say he did not pass all the tests he needed to and therefore was held out, Cutler said, "Its not safe to say. Before I even took a test, I met with Lovie and our trainers. Me and (defensive end) Shea (McClellin) -- pass or not pass the test, everyone was leaning toward us not playing." Cutler said he hopes to take all the reps with the starters in practice this week. He has doctors appointments on Wednesday and Friday. "We have to take everything into account and see how I feel," Cutler said. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes