Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

nacion has an inflamed nerve in his left shoulder ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

nacion has an inflamed nerve in his left shoulder

Started by lili, 2014/06/01 08:15AM
Latest post: 2014/06/01 08:15AM, Views: 255, Posts: 1
nacion has an inflamed nerve in his left shoulder
#1   2014/06/01 08:15AM
lili
ATLANTA -- Kris Medlen did his part to ensure Chipper Jones last regular-season home game was a win. Then again, all of the Atlanta Braves have been winning a lot with Medlen on the mound. The Braves won for a major league record 23rd straight time in games started by Medlen, beating the New York Mets 6-2 on Sunday as a sellout crowd cheered Jones every move. Medlen (10-1) gave up one unearned run and three hits in six innings, adding to his momentum heading into the post-season. The Braves have already clinched an NL wild-card spot and are on track to host the one-game playoff, which Medlen would start. "I think the best part about it is my name is in the history books, but its a team thing," Medlen said. "Its a really cool feeling. Like I said, were not done. I hope we keep going." According to STATS LLC research going back to 1921, only two other teams won 22 straight starts by a pitcher: the New York Giants with Carl Hubbell (1936-37) and the Yankees with Whitey Ford (1950-53). Fords streak was interrupted by military service. With Washingtons 10-4 loss to St. Louis, the Braves gained a game in the NL East and trail the first-place Nationals by three games. The Nationals have a magic number of one for clinching the division. The Braves close the regular season with three games at Pittsburgh. The Mets (73-86) topped 2011s loss total and ensured their most losses since a 70-92 record in 2009. Atlanta is 12-0 in Medlens starts this season after he moved to the rotation on July 31. The teams streak of 23 straight wins in Medlens starts began in 2010. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said he was thinking of the post-season by limiting Medlen to six innings. "If we were able to do that, get him the win, get the team the win and keep him right where we wanted in terms of pitches and innings, that was a good day," Gonzalez said. The Mets only run off Medlen was set up by first baseman Freddie Freemans throwing error on Justin Turners grounder in the third. The wild throw to Medlen, who was covering first base, allowed Ruben Tejada, who singled, to score from second. David Ross hit a three-run homer in the second off Jenrry Mejia (1-2). Jones had a single and two walks and wouldnt agree to come out of the game early. "I tried to pinch-hit for him, get a big ovation for him," Gonzalez said. "He said, I want to finish this. Thats just the way he is." Jones parents were in Atlanta for the series. "To be honest with you, I saw us winning this game early and I wanted to go give my mom and dad a hug after the game," Jones said. "If I had taken myself out of the game, Id be in (the clubhouse) watching fantasy football." The retiring 40-year-old slugger said he had "a lot of relief" the weekend was over. "Im glad its over and we can go to Pittsburgh and finish out the year and get ready for the next one back here when all the fun is going to start," Jones said. Jones teammates stayed behind in the dugout as he ran onto the field to a standing ovation to start the game. The Braves joined the ovation, and even some New York players applauded him. Mets third base coach Tim Teufel walked over and shook Jones hand, and finally the Braves joined Jones on the field. "Its a well-deserved tribute," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "We all salute him in his career. Hes a great, great player." Jones was immediately tested as he made a dive to his left to make a stop on a grounder from Mets leadoff hitter Ruben Tejada. The All-Star third baseman made a one-hop throw to first base from his knees for the out. He made another diving stop on a sharply hit grounder by Scott Hairston to end the inning. Braves chanted "Lets go, Chipper!" when he batted in the second, and booed Mejia for walking him. Jones first hit of his final regular-season home series came with his third-inning single, ending a 0-for-13 drought that included four walks. He tipped his helmet to the fans before his at-bats in the first and seventh innings. With fans standing in the seventh, Jones walked again. Jones received another loud ovation when he took the field in the ninth. Fans chanted "Thank you, Chipper" as the inning started and then "Chipper! Chipper!" with two outs. The Braves scored a run in the fifth on doubles by Michael Bourn and Jason Heyward. Andrelton Simmons doubled in Dan Uggla in the sixth off Collin McHugh and scored on Bourns single. Mejia gave up four runs on six hits in five innings. "I thought he threw the ball good today," Collins said. "He made a real bad throw to Ross, right down the middle. But his two-seamer was the best one Ive seen him have." The Mets scored one run off Cory Gearrin in the ninth on a double by Ike Davis, a walk to Lucas Duda and a single by Andres Torres. Closer Craig Kimbrel recorded the final out on a grounder by Fred Lewis for his 42nd save. Bourn was a late addition to Atlantas lineup after missing six games with a sprained left thumb. Medlen lined a foul ball into the Mets dugout in the fourth, hitting catcher Josh Thole. Tholes right ear was red and swollen but he said he passed a concussion test. "I just saw the doctor and theres no issue, other than this big ear I have," Thole said. "It got me more on the cartilage of my ear, I think. Thats what saved me. It definitely could have been worse." NOTES: The sellout crowd of 50,635 raised the Braves attendance for the season at 2,420,171, a slight increase from their 2011 total. ... Following Collins lead, the Mets had a theme dress day, with all the players and coaches wearing football jerseys -- NFL or college -- to the park. The team had a similar hockey jersey day earlier in the season. ... Mets rookie RHP Jeurys Familia will make his first career start Monday against Floridas Josh Johnson. Familia has an 8.64 ERA in seven games in relief. R.A. Dickey is scheduled to start on Tuesday. ... LHP Paul Maholm will face Pirates LHP Jeff Locke on Monday night in Pittsburgh. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/max-pacioretty-red-jersey.html]htt... . Wood was claimed off waivers from Kansas City on Nov. 2. The 27-year-old had elbow ligament-replacement surgery in May and missed the entire season. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/ken-dryden-red-jersey.html]http://... . The 19-year-old forward is riding a nine-game point streak and now has 17 goals and 46 points in 25 games, which leads the OHL in scoring. Mitchell Theoret and Anthony DiFruscia had the other goals for the IceDogs (16-7-2), who have won four of their last five contests, and Brett Ritchie chipped in with two assists. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/guy-lapointe-red-jersey.html]http:... . One of the worlds most famous athletes was standing over the ball ready to take a free kick and all eyes within the crowd in Montreal were transfixed. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/tomas-plekanec-red-jersey.html]htt... . -- Defenceman Dougie Hamilton scored 9:03 into the second overtime Thursday as the Niagara IceDogs took Game 1 of the Ontario Hockey League final, 3-2 over the London Knights. [url=http://www.canadiensofficialteamshop.com/brian-gionta-red-jersey.html]http:... . -- Inspiration one week, domination the next.CHICAGO -- Mark Buehrle came out to warm up for the eighth inning, looked around and saw there was no ball on the mound and no fielders surrounding him. Surprised? Sort of. It was all part of a salute pre-planned by teammate Paul Konerko and acting manger Don Cooper to make sure the durable and popular left-hander got the spotlight on what might have been his final game for the Chicago White Sox. Buehrle threw seven shutout innings Tuesday night and Chicago beat The Toronto Blue Jays 2-1. Eligible for free agency following the season, hes not sure where hell land in 2012. But hell certainly remember the tribute, from both his teammates and the fans. "Back of my mind I kind of figured they were going to do something in between the innings, or get an out and pull me," Buehrle said. "I actually thought Id go out and do my warmup pitches and hed come out and get me. Im looking for the ball and I look back and Coops already coming out with it in his hands. It kinda surprised me." As he walked off the field after Cooper pulled him, Buehrle waved to the fans who were chanting his name and hugged his teammates as they headed to the field. Several minutes later, Buehrle emerged again from the dugout for a curtain call, taking off his cap and extending his arms toward the small but spirited crowd announced at 23,934. "Paulie (Konerko) was pushing me out there and he was like Theyre calling for you. Ive never had a curtain call." Buehrle said. "Just hugging the teammates, hugging everybody thats been involved in my career, it got kind of emotional there toward the end." The White Sox played their first game since Ozzie Guillen was released from his contract after Monday nights victory over the Blue Jays. Cooper enjoyed the beginning of his short stint as manager. He also went to the bullpen pregame to watch Buehrle warm up and made sure to give him a few verbal jabs. "I did make a joke to him when he was playing catch, warming up, fooling around, saying This is unbelievable. One career ending, and another one starting," Cooper said. Buehrle (13-9) allowed six hits, struck out six and walked none. General manager Ken Williams said before Tuesday nights game he didnt know yet whether Buehrle fit into the teams future plans. Buehrle is 161-119 in his career. The fast-working lefty has a no-hitter and a perfect game on his White Sox resume from a career that began in 2000. He reached the 200-inning mark for the 11th straight season when he got the second out of the second inning, and hes had at least 10 wins and 30 starts every season since 2001. Buehrle would love to return, but knows the White Sox are in store for big changes following this disappointing season,, Guillens departure and the failure of some highly paid players like Adam Dunn and Alex Rios to produce this season.dddddddddddd. He said he didnt know if hed pitched his final game for the team that drafted him in 38th round in 1998. "Obviously doing this for 13, 14 years of my life, this is all I know. Its kinda hard to think otherwise. Its hard to go home in this off-season and think Im going to go to spring training somewhere else," Buehrle said. "Deep down inside, Id love to be back, but reality might sink in. It just depends on which way they go. They have a lot of decisions to make, a lot of pieces they can trade, a lot of guys they can get back." Tyler Flowers hit a solo homer, his fifth of the season, off Henderson Alvarez (1-3) in the second. A.J. Pierzynski singled home a run in the sixth. Torontos Mike McCoy greeted Jesse Crain, a Toronto native, with his second homer to cut the lead to 2-1. Chris Sale got the final five outs to earn his eighth save in nine chances. Alvarez allowed seven hits in seven innings. Blue Jays manager John Farrell also lauded Buehrle. "Tonight was a game hes probably pitched many, many times with his career with the White Sox. A lot of zeros. A quick paced game. A lot of strikes," Farrell said. "Just a true professional who went about his work as weve seen over a course of a number of years. Just an outstanding game on his part." Dunn went 0 for 3 with three strikeouts, dropping his average to .159 with a franchise-record 177 strikeouts. Dunn needs six plate appearances in the final game to finish with the worst qualifying batting average in modern big league history, surpassing Rob Deers .179 mark in 1991. NOTES: White Sox RHP Phil Humber (9-9) makes his 28th appearance and 26th start in Wednesdays season finale. Humber is 1-5 with a 6.15 ERA in his last 10 starts. He is 0-0 with a 4.50 ERA in three career games, including a start, against the Blue Jays. Toronto counters with Brandon Morrow (11-11), whose 10.18 strikeouts per nine innings leads the American League. ... Omar Vizquel, at age 44, said hed like to play another season, but is not sure if hell try to follow Guillen to Florida -- should he become Marlins manager -- or maybe stick with the White Sox another season. He did attend Guillens final news conference Monday to show support for his fellow Venezuelan. ... Torontos Edwin Encarnacion has an inflamed nerve in his left shoulder but no structural problems. He has not been ruled out of Wednesdays season finale. ... Pierzynski reached 1,000 innings caught for the 10th straight season. ... Dave Nicholson struck out 175 times for the White Sox in 1963. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes