Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

dy to move away from right now." He also wasnt rea...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

dy to move away from right now." He also wasnt rea

Started by lili, 2014/05/29 02:22AM
Latest post: 2014/05/29 02:22AM, Views: 280, Posts: 1
dy to move away from right now." He also wasnt rea
#1   2014/05/29 02:22AM
lili
CHICAGO -- A small group of people started to assemble outside the visitors clubhouse in the bottom of the ninth inning at Wrigley Field. When Chicagos Alfonso Soriano popped out to centre field to end the game, the crowd -- now upward of 75 people -- erupted. Desperate to get a peek of the Washington Nationals as they climbed the stairs to the clubhouse, the crowd spotted Chien-Ming Wang and began chanting his name. Wang allowed one hit over six scoreless innings, Jonny Gomes hit a two-run homer and the Washington Nationals beat the Cubs 3-1 on Tuesday night. In his third start -- and first on the road -- after missing more than two years following shoulder surgery, Wang (1-2) won for the first time since June 28, 2009, against the New York Mets as a member of the Yankees. "I told you I expected him to be better than he was the second time," Nationals manager Davey Johnson said, grinning. Wang didnt allow a hit until pinch-hitter Tony Campana, who initially tried to lay down a bunt, led off the sixth with a hard liner off Morses mitt at first. Campana beat out second basemans Danny Espinosas throw at first with Wang covering. After Campana stole second, Wang quickly regrouped. He retired Castro and Darwin Barney on fly outs then ended his outing by getting Blake Dewitt to ground out to second on his 81st pitch. "I was impressed the first time because I didnt think Id see him with that free of a delivery and be able to hang in there for as long as he did. It was better the second time and I expected the progress to be better this time," Johnson said. "It was very impressive. Eighty pitches for six innings? Thats vintage." Wangs performance certainly brought back memories of his 2006 and 2007 seasons with the Yankees when he went 19-6 and 19-7, respectively. Wang effectively used his sinker, while issuing two walks and hitting a batter with one strikeout. "The last two outings, my sinker wasnt that good, so the ball wasnt getting down. Thats why they got me," Wang said through an interpreter. "In the bullpen session, I was working on the release point. I think thats why I had a good outing today." In his last start, Wang gave up six runs, two earned, in five innings against the Braves, but Johnson was encouraged. In his season debut Wang was tagged for four runs in four innings against the Mets on the two-year anniversary of his shoulder surgery. "Im really happy because (the fans) have been supporting me during these two years even though I wasnt pitching," Wang said, recognizing his fan club anxiously waiting below. Michael Morse added a long home run and Ryan Zimmerman extended his hitting streak to 17 games for the Nationals, who have won three of four. The Cubs have lost consecutive games after winning a season-high seven straight. Starlin Castro scored the lone run on his sixth home run in the eighth. Castro has homered in consecutive games and it was his 10th straight game with a run scored. Nationals closer Drew Storen pitched a scoreless ninth for his 30th save in 34 opportunities. After striking out eight batters in the first five innings, Cubs starter Matt Garza (5-9) was tagged for two home runs in the sixth. He allowed three runs and six hits in six innings. He finished with nine strikeouts and two walks. With one out in the sixth, Morse hit a tape-measure shot off Garza to give the Nationals the lead. The ball cleared the batters eye in centre for Morses 20th of the season. After a single by Jayson Werth, Gomes hit a two-run homer into the bleachers in left to give Washington a 3-0 lead. It was Gomes second homer since being acquired from the Reds in a trade on July 26 and 13th this season. "(Morse) sat on it and he hit a long way and Gomes, I just hung one," Garza said. "Thats what usually happens when you hang a slider in this league." NOTES: Cubs RHP Rodrigo Lopez, who is scheduled to start Wednesday against the Nationals, is 1-3 lifetime against Washington with a 4.62 ERA. ... LHP Ross Detwiler is Wednesdays scheduled starter for the Nationals. The 25-year old lefty is winless on the road in nine career starts. The former first-round draft pick is 0-7 lifetime away from home. ... Cubs 3B Aramis Ramirez was a late scratch because of lower back spasms. Cheap Jerseys . Nope, not going to do it. Crabtree is trying to maintain every possible element of surprise he might still have left heading into his first Super Bowl -- and will certainly take any advantage he can get this week. Cheap NFL Jerseys . The 6-foot-1 Pargo averaged 5.6 points, 1.9 assists and 1.5 rebounds with the Atlanta Hawks last season, his eighth in the NBA. He also has played with the Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors, Chicago Bulls and New Orleans Hornets, with career averages of 6. http://www.wholesalechinajersey.us.... . Ovechkin voiced his concerns in a conference call with The Washington Times and The Washington Post on Wednesday. "I said it before, before I sign a contract, if the league decides to cut our salaries and cut our contracts for what they want, I dont know how many guys will be coming back," Ovechkin said on the call. [url=http://www.wholesalechinajersey.us.com/]Wholesale Jerseys From China . When they see them, they beat them -- every time. Flacco threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Torrey Smith with 4:26 left as Baltimore won its 10th straight game over Cleveland and 11th in a row inside the AFC North with a 25-15 comeback win over the Browns on Sunday. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . Among the topics discussed were the futures of Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo and Tomas Vokoun, the hiring of Bob Hartley as coach in Calgary as well as the ongoing search for a head coach in Montreal and Washington and Jordan Staals future in Pittsburgh.FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Mike Wrights season ended prematurely due to a concussion for the second straight year Thursday, when the New England Patriots placed the veteran defensive lineman on injured reserve. His campaign to educate players from pee-wee to the pros, however, is just beginning. Wright, who missed the final seven games last season after dealing with the debilitating effects of his first concussion, suffered his second serious blow to the head in the Patriots season-opening with over the Miami Dolphins. The 29-year-old eventually returned to practice for two days last week, participating in a limited capacity with the goal of playing again in the next few weeks. Then the difficult decision was rendered to end his season -- again. "I felt like I was going to be ready. Based off my concussion history and the coaches and doctors and trainers looking out for me and my best interest and my health, it was just the right decision to do what we did," Wright said Friday. "I did not want to go on IR. Its the last thing I wanted to do. "I was really looking forward to being a part of this team this year and theres a lot of great players in there that I wanted to continue to play with. But thats not in the cards." With a renewed respect for concussions and the problems they pose in everyday life, Wright is hoping his cautionary tale reaches not just kids, but also his teammates. "Pushing through getting hit on the field and being dizzy is not normal," he said. "Your brain is extremely important. You have no idea what your brain has to process to even stand up out of a chair. "I think its great what the NFLs doing now to educate everyone, but I think kids and high school players can learn a lot and they need to keep their ears open and they need to look out for the other guys on the field because football is a game of toughness and some guys feel like minor pain or minor dizziness is OK, but its not. "When it comes to your brain, its very, very serious and its nothing to play with." Wright discovered that the hard way. It took him roughly 3 1/2 months to recover from his first concussion last season. Watching television triggered a motion-sickness feeling. Using the computer caused dizziness. Reading became a chore. "Youre just basically trying to relax your brain most of the day to let it heal," Wright explained, adding he still experiences similar issues. "At the same time, anxiety comes with that. "When youre not able to do those things your mind just wanders, and as you know, it just goes all over the place. Thats why last year was a little bit harder for me, but this year Im able to control that a little bit better and understand what comes with anxiety and how that affects the concussion. But this year, like I said, Im doing so much better, and thats a great feeling to know that Im not going to have to deal with that that long and it will clear up soon." Wrights mindsett toward concussions has changed dramatically since his days in college.dddddddddddd Credit that to an abundance of research conducted over the past few years thats illustrated the drastic and long-term effects they can have on players in the latter stages of life. "You dont think about it the same way," Wright said of his earlier playing days. "Its not a big deal. Its OK to have your head a little sore in training camp or certain things like that, and its OK to kind of shake a little dizziness off, you take big blows or you see stars. "But like I said, I have a newfound respect for the brain and what it does just based off what Ive felt." Injuries, though, are nothing new to Wright. Signed by New England in 2005 as an undrafted rookie out of Cincinnati, his first season was cut short by an ankle injury after 13 games, and a foot ailment ended his 2007 campaign after nine games. Despite registering 134 tackles and 15 sacks in 81 career games with the Patriots -- including one tackle and a half-sack against Miami in the opener -- four of Wrights seven seasons have ended with him on injured reserve. "I respect Mike and his work ethic and his commitment for the team," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "He always tried to do the best thing for the team and always practised hard, worked hard, did everything he could to come back from anything as quickly as possible, always wanted to do the right thing. "Hes very team oriented, very professional, a good teammate and I just feel badly for him the way the last two seasons have gone. He just hasnt an opportunity to do the things that hes worked so hard to do. But at the same time, its a medical decision. We have to do whats right for him." Wright feels lucky the medical personnel did exactly that. He knew immediately upon getting hit against the Dolphins something was awry. The blow to the head, similar to the one that ended his season last year, caused him dizziness and commenced other symptoms that eventually developed into more of a problem than he had initially thought. "Im fortunate for Dr. (Thomas) Gill and (Patriots head athletic trainer) Jim (Whalen) that they kept me out of that game because something that minor, guys can go back in all the time," he said. "So Im very fortunate to have guys like that looking out for me." Wright plans on remaining around the Patriots for the rest of the season, working out and supporting his teammates in the process. "Its hard to pull yourself out of a locker room that youve been in for so long," he said. "I have a lot of friends in there, other relationships that Im not ready to move away from right now." He also wasnt ready Friday to discuss whether or not his career is over. "I think Ill make that decision with the doctors and the coaches after the season," he said. "Right now my focus is just getting everything better and going back to normal." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes