Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

pen Cup and five of the Rapids matches in the C - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

pen Cup and five of the Rapids matches in the C

Started by lili, 2014/05/25 06:59AM
Latest post: 2014/05/25 06:59AM, Views: 300, Posts: 1
pen Cup and five of the Rapids matches in the C
#1   2014/05/25 06:59AM
lili
TORONTO -- After a summer of uncertainty, P.K. Subban is more concerned about the fans than himself. The 23-year-old defenceman remains without a contract from the Montreal Canadiens and could be one of 750 players locked out by the NHL next week, but his worries run deeper than that when he surveys the leagues current labour climate. "Obviously, its an unfortunate situation," Subban said Wednesday in an interview. "Nobody wants to see (a lockout). I think at this point youre more concerned about the fans and making sure that the fans dont get hurt because ultimately those are the people that support us. "I think that thats the only downer about it, is just you dont want to see the fans get hurt." The NHLs collective bargaining talks remain on hold and the current agreement is set to expire on Sept. 15. If that date passes, the league will enact a lockout, which would be the third since 1994. In recent weeks, commissioner Gary Bettman has said he shares the fans desire of not wanting to see another work stoppage. He also credited the paying customers for helping the league rebound so strongly from the 2004-05 lockout. "We recovered well last time because we have the worlds greatest fans," Bettman said last month. Subban hadnt even yet reached the Ontario Hockey League when that NHL season was cancelled eight years ago. He admits that its been a little unusual preparing for a training camp that might not open as expected on Sept. 21. However, he expressed confidence in NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr -- "hes one of the smartest people in North America," said Subban -- and believes theres a deal to be made. "As far as players go, all we know is playing hockey," said Subban. "Thats whats gotten us to the NHL. We want to see a game on the ice, we just hope than the owners and our association can come to a fair agreement sooner than later. "Thats what we want out of this whole thing is just a fair agreement -- something that works for the players and works for the owners and works for the league." Even with the start of the season up in the air, Subban is managing to keep busy. This week he helped launch "Hyundai Hockey Helpers," which is a new program that will provide 1,000 needy children with grants of up to $500 to help pay for hockey equipment and registration fees. The son of a Jamaican immigrant, Subban relied on hand-me-down equipment as a young boy and can identify with the struggles faced by many Canadian families. Hes also a popular figure with kids, as Hyundai Canada president and CEO Steve Kelleher witnessed Tuesday at a launch event. "We couldnt drag PK off the ice," said Kelleher. "He was out there -- him and his brother (Malcolm) -- for about half an hour playing keeping away with the kids. It was totally great. He connects with the kids." That kind of interaction comes naturally for the affable Subban. "Ive always wanted to be able to give back," he said. "Ive had that passion since I started in the NHL. ... Its a privilege for me to a part of this." Subban is hopeful that hell soon be able to get back to doing what he loves best. Hes currently in need of a contract after his entry-level deal expired at the end of last season. Negotiations with the Habs have been slow and Subban indicated he was unsure if the labour uncertainty was to blame. "Its a process just like the CBA," he said. "At the end of the day, I dont write the contracts myself. ... Im just going to be patient and wait for things to materialize. Hopefully, they happen sooner or later." Unlike NHLers who are currently under contract, he wouldnt have to wait for a lockout to officially begin before signing a deal to play in Europe should there be a work stoppage. However, the blue-liner would prefer to continue preparing as though the NHL will start on time. "Im just keeping my plate full and once the time comes to make those decisions I will," said Subban. wholesale nfl jerseys . -- Calvin Pickard frustrated the Hamilton Bulldogs for more than 56 minutes on Tuesday night, but Steve Quailer finally found a way through. cheap jerseys from china . The world No. 1 Djokovic recovered from his five-set marathon in the fourth round and claimed a 6-1, 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 victory over former Wimbledon runner-up Tomas Berdych after the fourth-seeded Ferrer had rallied from a two-set and a break deficit to stave off fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, 4-6, 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 for his 500th career match win. http://www.cheapjerseysnflchina.us/[/ur... . MacTavish, 53, was head coach of the Oilers for eight seasons from 2000 and 2009, including Edmontons run to the Stanley Cup final in 2006 when they lost in seven games to the Carolina Hurricanes. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysnflchina.us/]cheap nfl jerseys . -- Different horse, same result for Luis Contreras. cheap jerseys . It is expected Tate will miss the remainder of the season. The 27-year-old pivot was injured rolling to his left in Saturdays loss to the Toronto Argonauts in just the Stampeders second possession of the game.COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- The Colorado Rapids have re-signed 25-year-old goalkeeper Steward Ceus, who had shutouts in his two MLS starts last season. Ceus, who has played for the Haitian National Team since 2010, made his MLS debut in October, replacing an injured Matt Pickens in a match against San Jose. He then started Colorados final two games, earning shutouts in 2-0 wins ovver Chivas USA and Houston.dddddddddddd. He also played in a win over Tampa Bay in May in the U.S. Open Cup and five of the Rapids matches in the CONCACAF Champions League in 2011. Ceus, who is 6-foot-6, was a third-round draft pick in the 2009 MLS SuperDraft out of the University of Albany, where he had 20 shutouts in 61 starts. Hes from West Havershaw, N.Y. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes