Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

KIEV, Ukraine -- While Italy is still celebrating ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

KIEV, Ukraine -- While Italy is still celebrating its victory over England, the Azzurri have several injuries and lineup issues to worry about before facing Germany in the European Championship semifinals. Both key midfielder Daniele De Rossi and fullback

Started by wde, 2014/05/11 10:51PM
Latest post: 2014/05/11 10:51PM, Views: 306, Posts: 1
KIEV, Ukraine -- While Italy is still celebrating its victory over Eng...
#1   2014/05/11 10:51PM
wde
KIEV, Ukraine -- While Italy is still celebrating its victory over England, the Azzurri have several injuries and lineup issues to worry about before facing Germany in the European Championship semifinals. Both key midfielder Daniele De Rossi and fullback Ignazio Abate left Sundays quarterfinal with muscle problems, and Abates replacement Christian Maggio picked up a yellow card that rules him out of Thursdays match in Warsaw. In addition, defender Giorgio Chiellini injured his hamstring in the final Group C match with Ireland and did not play Sunday. There are also questions regarding the status of midfielder Thiago Motta, who picked up a slight injury in training last week and didnt leave the bench vs. England. The biggest problem appears to be at right back, where both Abate and Maggio play. Domenico Criscito was also a starter at fullback, but he was a late cut from Italys squad after being placed under investigation for match-fixing. Italy coach Cesare Prandelli could take away the right back position by reverting to the three-man defence he used against Spain and Croatia in the opening two Group C matches. Although that could depend on the status of De Rossi, who anchored the three-man line. With Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli likely to retain their starting spots, another option in defence is Angelo Ogbonna, who is yet to see any action in this tournament. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Ovechkin voiced his concerns in a conference call with The Washington Times and The Washington Post on Wednesday. "I said it before, before I sign a contract, if the league decides to cut our salaries and cut our contracts for what they want, I dont know how many guys will be coming back," Ovechkin said on the call. Wholesale Jerseys From China . French football federation president Noel Le Graet announced on Tuesday that the quartet would be questioned "as soon as possible" though he added that he does not think they will be suspended. http://www.wholesalechinajersey.us.com/ . -- Mark Steenhuis had a hat trick and John Grant, Jr. Cheap Jerseys . Players screamed and celebrated, bouncing around the grass with unabashed joy. Cheap Jerseys From China . An attorney for each side argued the case before U.S. District Judge David Doty on Thursday. Doty said he will rule on the issue later. The union is seeking billions of dollars in damages. MILWAUKEE -- Just when it looked as if the Milwaukee Brewers new closer was going to deliver an all-too-familiar result, Francisco Rodriguez managed to wiggle out of trouble -- and finally help the bullpen deliver a win for Randy Wolf. Although it wasnt pretty, Rodriguez picked up a save just hours after he was named the teams new closer and Wolf won his first game since April 30 as the Brewers beat the St. Louis Cardinals 3-2 on Tuesday. "It was nice," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "It was nice for Randy, too. He pitched a great game, comes out again with people on base and you dont know whats going to happen." The Cardinals Matt Holliday left the game after getting hit in the leg with a pitch in the first inning and Brewers slugger Ryan Braun was removed with a right adductor strain in the seventh. Braun said the injury, something he has been dealing with off and on all season, wasnt serious. He hoped to play in Wednesdays series finale, a day game. "Hopefully," Braun said. "Well see how it feels tomorrow." Rickie Weeks hit a mammoth home run to give the Brewers the lead in the fourth. Wolf (3-6) went 6 2-3 innings, giving up two runs and eight hits with a walk and six strikeouts to end his winless streak. "Its been a very, I think, tumultuous year to say the least," Wolf said. "Ive had my own personal demons to deal with, just my own frustrations. Its been tough emotionally more than anything." Cardinals starter Joe Kelly (1-2) took the loss. St. Louis Lance Berkman was ejected for arguing a call. With John Axford continuing to struggle and blowing another save Monday night, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke gave the closers job to Rodriguez before the game. "Definitely, I didnt want to get the job in this way," Rodriguez said. It wasnt easy for Rodriguez, who gave up a leadoff double to David Freese, then a single to Yadier Molina to put runners on first and third with no outs. Rodriguez then got Matt Carpenter to ground out, holding the runner at third, and struck out pinch hitter Skip Schumaker. With runners on second and third, Rodriguez got pinch-hitter Daniel Descalso to pop up and end the game. Wolf apparently fought off the temptation to cover his eyes. "I didnt quite watch them through my fingers," Wolf said of thhe final innings.dddddddddddd Wolf hasnt had a victory since April 30 at San Diego, but the Brewers bullpen shares some of the blame for his winless streak. Coming into Tuesdays game, Wolf was 0-4 with a 5.45 ERA during his last 12 starts. During that stretch, he left seven games with the lead, only to have the bullpen blow it. Wolf said he got congratulations from several relievers. "I said, There it is, the elusive third win," Wolf said. "You usually say that in May, maybe." Kelly went six innings, giving up three runs -- two earned -- with six hits, a walk and four strikeouts. Holliday took an 89 mph fastball from Wolf off his left leg in the first inning. Holliday remained in the game, but Cardinals manager Mike Matheny took him out in the bottom of the second. Hollidays injury was described as a left thigh contusion. The Brewers took a 1-0 lead in the first on an RBI single by Corey Hart, but the Cardinals came back with two runs in the third. Aramis Ramirezs RBI single tied the game at 2 in the bottom of the third. Then, Weeks ninth homer of the season caromed high off the facade in centre field, giving the Brewers a 3-2 lead in the fourth. Wolf then allowed back-to-back singles to start the seventh. After a lengthy meeting with Roenicke at the mound, Wolf stayed in the game, and Tyler Greenes sacrifice bunt advanced runners to second and third with one out. Berkman pinch hit and Wolf ran the count to 3-2 before Berkman was called out on a checked swing. Berkman complained about the call and was thrown out of the game by plate umpire Brian Gorman. Berkman said afterward that he was mostly upset that Gorman didnt appeal the call. "My biggest beef was you cant make that call (from home plate)," Berkman said. "They think they can, but he was having a hard time getting the strike zone right, much less seeing if anybody swung a bat or not. So my beef was, just appeal. I mean, weve got a guy standing down there. Its not tough to ask, you dont have to make that call." With two outs, Roenicke pulled Wolf for reliever Jose Veras, who got Furcal to pop out to the catcher. Notes: Weeks home run was estimated at 460 feet. ... Holliday does not lose the 15-game hitting streak he brought into Tuesdays game. ... After a recent wave of temperatures in the high 90s, it was 85 degrees at first pitch. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes