Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ward winner R.A. Dickey. With the Blue Jays s - Of...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ward winner R.A. Dickey. With the Blue Jays s

Started by fengzhu, 2013/08/06 01:59AM
Latest post: 2013/08/06 01:59AM, Views: 389, Posts: 1
ward winner R.A. Dickey. With the Blue Jays s
#1   2013/08/06 01:59AM
fengzhu
OTTAWA -- Ottawa native Brad Fritsch will be sporting the logo of his favourite NHL team next season on the PGA Tour. . The Ottawa Senators announced a promotional partnership with Fritsch on Monday, a day after the local golfer locked up a spot on the PGA Tour. The partnership provides Fritsch with financial support and will see him wear the Senators logo on his shirt and golf bag. The 34-year-old resident of Manotick, Ont., will also participate in a number of community events with the Senators. "I am overjoyed to partner with and represent the NHL team that Ive grown up with the last 20 years," Fritsch said in a release. "It is an honour and a pleasure to be associated with the Senators and my hope is that this is a partnership that will last for many, many years." Fritsch shot a 69 on Sunday in his final round of the Web.com Tour Championship in Texas. He finished in a tie for ninth overall to move to No. 18 on the money list with total earnings for the year at $186,168. The top 25 players on the list earned PGA Tour cards. Fritsch, who began his pro career in 2000, has played four seasons on the Web.com tour (formerly the Nationwide Tour). The 2013 PGA Tour season begins in January. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-doug-martin-jersey-h... Martin Jersey . Roethlisberger says he stepped on a teammates foot while dropping back to pass but insisted he is fine. He spent the latter portions of practice in the training room but was with the rest of the team when the locker room was open to the media afterward. . -- Authorities in Texas have issued two arrest warrants for Ryan Leaf, declaring the former NFL quarterback is a fugitive from justice. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-lavonte-david-jersey... . The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal hasnt been officially announced. Free agents cannot sign new contracts until July 11 and because the 7-foot Asik is restricted, the Bulls have three days to decide whether to match Houstons offer or let him go. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-derek-hagan-jersey-s... Hagan Jersey . -- Paul Postma snapped a shot past Harry Sateri to give the St. . Williams has not been on the Bills injury report this season despite what he claims has been a wrist injury that has bothered him all season.TORONTO -- Frustrated with how last season ended and ready to become a full-time dad, Toronto Blue Jays reliever Darren Oliver was ready to retire after 19 seasons in the major leagues. A big trade and a visit from Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos changed that. The Blue Jays are bringing back the 42-year-old veteran for a 20th season. They previously exercised Olivers US$3-million option for the 2013 season, and announced Wednesday that they have convinced the reliever to return to Toronto. Oliver, the Blue Jays set-up man for most of 2012, posted a 2.06 earned-run average last season, his first in Toronto. It was the lowest ERA of the southpaws career and the third-lowest mark in the American League among pitchers with at least 50 innings pitched. Despite his success, he was considering retirement and wasnt prepared to return to Toronto without his wife and two children. "Ive always told you guys, Ill play until they tear my jersey off," Oliver said. "But Ive got three other people Ive got to take care of and theyre the first and foremost." Thats when Anthopoulos and director of scouting Perry Minasian made a trip to Dallas to convince Olivers family to come back. "We went out to dinner to one of our favourite restaurants in Dallas ... and we had a great time," said Oliver. "We probably sat there for three hours. "Ive known Perry for 20 years and my wife got a chance to sit and talk to him and talk to Alex." The timing of the trip likely worked in the Blue Jays favour, coming right after Toronto pulled off a blockbuster trade with the Miami Marlins thhat netted pitchers Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle and shortstop Jose Reyes. [url=http://www.buccaneersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-davin-joseph-jersey-... Joseph Jersey. Oliver, who was not thrilled with the way last season ended for the Blue Jays, was now interested in the chance to join a potential winner. "Last year those last six weeks were very tough," Oliver said. "When you sit there for the last two months and we were kind of out of it ... it was like we win today, lose two, win today, lose two. It was tough. "When they made those moves ... it made that team into a really really good chance for us to get to the playoffs. Obviously at this point in my career I want to be a part of that." Oliver had a 3-4 mark last season in 62 appearances. In 716 career games, including 229 starts, he has posted a 115-94 record and a 4.53 ERA. The Blue Jays have dramatically reshaped their roster after a disappointing 73-89 campaign last year. The pitching staff is much stronger with the addition of starters Johnson, Buehrle and National League Cy Young Award winner R.A. Dickey. With the Blue Jays starting rotation getting an overhaul, Anthopoulos was pleased to bring a veteran presence back to the bullpen. "Its huge, maybe huge isnt a strong enough word," he said. "I mean youre talking about a left-hander that keeps putting up 2 ERAs and gets better every single year. "It blows my mind what he continues to do. When you watch him youre more amazed. Just strikes, no fear, poise." Oliver, a Kansas City native, has played for nine teams over his career, including the Texas Rangers on three separate occasions. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes