Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

en I start on pole, I usually dont win," said Powe...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

en I start on pole, I usually dont win," said Power, who had won three cons

Started by minli, 2013/08/05 08:55AM
Latest post: 2013/08/05 08:55AM, Views: 404, Posts: 1
en I start on pole, I usually dont win," said Power, who had won three...
#1   2013/08/05 08:55AM
minli
IRVING, Texas -- Josh Brent has been placed on the reserve/non-football illness list by the Dallas Cowboys, a move that ends his season, but allows the defensive tackle to remain with the team. . The move Wednesday came a day after a memorial service for practice squad player Jerry Brown, Brents close friend who was killed in a car accident when Brent was driving. Brent is facing an intoxicated manslaughter charge related to the accident Saturday morning, and is free on bond. Cowboys executive vice-president Stephen Jones says the team wants to be able to stay in contact with Brent, and for the player to stay in contact with teammates. Jones says those things are important. Dallas signed defensive tackle Brian Schaefering, who was released by Cleveland before this season. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-datone-jones-jersey-lf-... Jones Jersey . The Chicago White Sox look ready for the stretch run, with a big test coming in less than 24 hours. Peavy baffled Minnesota again, Dayan Viciedo and Dunn homered, and the White Sox beat the Twins 9-2 on Sunday. . Cuban said before Saturday nights game against Memphis that he wanted to be clear with Nowitzki that he was committed "through thick and thin" to getting the team back in contention. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-josh-sitton-jersey-nz-9... . The surgery was performed to remove an impairment that has caused swelling since the spring. Harrison, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, has yet to practice this summer and is on the physically unable to perform list. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-t-j--lang-jersey-bu-44.... Lang Jersey . LOUIS -- Jake Westbrook worked seven innings of three-hit ball and the St. . 49 in last years CFL Top 50 Players list; a Grey Cup MVP and Most Outstanding Player award equaled a steep climb up the rankings for the 28-year-old BC Lions QB. FONTANA, Calif. -- Marco Andretti won the pole for the IndyCar season finale, putting himself in position for a strong close to whats been the worst year of his career. Andrettis qualifying average of 216.069 mph Friday was good enough to take the top spot at Auto Club Speedway. It held off Ryan Briscoes average of 216.058, and gave Andretti the second pole of his career. The first came at Milwaukee in 2008. "It means a lot, just what we have been going through this year," he said. "Me in particular, its just been a very trying year for me and my career. Its good for the confidence." "Ive been on the outside looking in on that hundreth of a mile per hour for the pole, so I was on the good side of that today." The 25-year-old Andretti is having the worst season of his career in whats ironically a comeback year for Andretti Autosport. The three-team organization is the most competitive its ever been, and Ryan Hunter-Reay will try to win his first IndyCar championship Saturday night. But Andretti is a career-worst 17th in points, is winless, and has just one podium finish all season. "I am going to be out to win the race and end on a good note to carry some momentum into next season," said Andretti, who noted his struggles this season have been on the street courses. "Its just inspired me to work harder off track and really just try to find what I need at those places in the setup. Well be working hard on that in the off-season ... if we do, we can be the one contending for the championship next year. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-clay-matthews-jersey-sz... Matthews Signed Jersey. " Its a two-driver race for the championship in Saturday nights return to Fontana, which is back on the IndyCar schedule for the first time since 2005. Will Power, who is seeking for his first championship after settling for second the last two years, qualified third. Hunter-Reay, who trails the Australian by 17 points in the standings, qualified 17th. But both drivers will be penalized 10 spots on the starting grid for making unapproved engine changes. "Ill be starting outside," joked Hunter-Reay. At least 14 teams have informed IndyCar theyll be making engine changes, so the starting grid will look considerably different than the qualifying order. But nobody seemed worried about making up ground in a 500-mile race -- just the second one on the IndyCar schedule -- on a fast, wide oval. "Its 500 miles so weve got a lot of time to make up ground, but at the same time, you dont really want to be buried in traffic," Hunter-Reay said. Power was also OK with falling back in the field for the early portion of the race. "Im sometimes glad -- when I start on pole, I usually dont win," said Power, who had won three consecutive poles coming into Fontana but finished second twice and sixth. "If I start on pole, its all bad. If I start on pole, great. Hopefully thats true here. Well just hang in there and stay there and hopefully have a shot." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes