Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

s Blake Griffin and Chris Paul In 20 games before ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

s Blake Griffin and Chris Paul In 20 games before his injury, Billups averaged 14.9 points, 2.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists in a little over 30 min

Started by minli, 2013/08/05 08:54AM
Latest post: 2013/08/05 08:54AM, Views: 371, Posts: 1
s Blake Griffin and Chris Paul In 20 games before his injury, Billups ...
#1   2013/08/05 08:54AM
minli
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- Mired in a franchise-worst losing streak, the Colorado Rapids were reminded all week of the importance of their upcoming game against Real Salt Lake. "Sure, we felt pressure and there was pressure on us to win," Colorado midfielder Joseph Nane said. "We knew that if we did all that we needed to do, we could do something about it." Nane did. He scored his first career goal and Matt Pickens became the franchises winningest goalkeeper as the Colorado Rapids snapped a six-game losing streak with a 1-0 victory over Real Salt Lake on Saturday night. "We finally got the result we wanted," Colorado coach Oscar Pareja said. "Now we hope we can get out of the hole." Colorado (8-14-1) had been outscored 11-4 during the skid. The Rapids hadnt collected a point since a 3-0 win over the Portland Timbers on June 30. Pickens made one save as he posted his sixth shutout of the year and 38th of his career in gaining his 40th win with Colorado. He had been tied at 39 with Marcus Hahnemann. "It was the kind of game a goalkeeper likes to see happen," Pickens said. "We were solid in front of me. We werent going to give up a goal tonight." Rapids midfielder Brian Mullan became the 15th player to appear in 300 MLS games. Nane scored on a rebound after the Rapids had pressured Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Nick Rimando. Nane had missed a quality chance earlier in the game. Real Salt Lake (13-8-3) had won two straight in MLS action and the loss kept it from moving into first place in the Western Conference past idle San Jose. Salt Lake also failed to complete a sweep of its three-game season series with Colorado. "It is my strong belief in this league that almost every single time that a team wanting it more typically gets the result," Real Salt Lake coach Jason Kreis said. "I think the teams are evenly matched from San Jose at the top to the team at the bottom." Real Salt Lake has been shut out in its past three road games. Omar Cummings set up a wide-open shot by Nane in the 12th minute that Rimando moved over and caught with both hands. Real Salt Lake had its only scoring chance of the first half, a header by Justin Braun off a feed from Jonny Steele that Pickens batted away in the 15th minute. The ball stayed loose near the crease but Real Salt Lake couldnt get control. Nanes goal came after Jaime Castrillon had his shot blocked by defenders. The ball came right back to Nane, who sent a left-footed kick past Rimando just beneath the crossbar. "Nothing to the goal," Nane said. "I stepped out and hit the shot." Castrillon missed two chances to extend the lead in the second half. He missed a wide-open net in the 54th minute after a Real Salt Lake turnover and hit the left post with Rimando out of position in the 68th minute. beats by dre cheap . The Ottawa Senators general manager has had plenty of idle time on his hands due to the current NHL lockout, and so hes excited for the start of the AHL Binghamton Senators training camp. beats by dre . Andre Hainault, Will Bruin and Kofi Sarkodie each scored second-half goals to give the Houston Dynamo a 3-1 win over D. [url=http://cambridgediversity.org/beats-by-dre-uk.html]http://cambridgediversit... . "I wanted to make history," Rigondeaux said. "Im very happy and this is a historic moment." The undefeated Cuban defector floored the overmatched Ramos with a straight right in the first round, had control throughout and ended it with a left hook to the body.The LA Times is reporting that Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chauncey Billups is "far ahead of schedule" in his recovery from a torn left Achilles tendon. Billups tore the tendon on February 6 and was expected to need eight months to recover. However, the veteran guard is already back on court working out, though he has yet to play five-on-five. "When my body feels right, thats when Ill be back," Billups was quoted by the LATimes. "That being said, Im far ahead of schedule. "Its not even like I had a summer. Ive been on the whole time, doing rehabbing and other work every day. Im looking forward to getting back to playing and being with the guys and resuming my normal life as a player.dddddddddddd" After initial reluctance at joining the Clippers, who won his rights in an amesty waiver auction, Billups became a leader and mentor for the exciting young team that also features stars Blake Griffin and Chris Paul In 20 games before his injury, Billups averaged 14.9 points, 2.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists in a little over 30 minutes per game. Billups ahead-of-schedule recovery is more welcome news for a team that has reason to be very optimistic heading into the season after adding veterans Lamar Odom and Grant Hill to their talented core this summer. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes