Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Single-A Brooklyn on Sunday or Monday. ... Since M...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Single-A Brooklyn on Sunday or Monday. ... Since May 21, the Padres have play

Started by minli, 2013/08/05 08:54AM
Latest post: 2013/08/05 08:54AM, Views: 410, Posts: 1
Single-A Brooklyn on Sunday or Monday. ... Since May 21, the Padres ha...
#1   2013/08/05 08:54AM
minli
HOUSTON -- The first time Houston faced the Patriots, top cornerback Johnathan Joseph played while still struggling to get healthy, and outside linebacker Brooks Reed sat out with an injury. . That game turned into an embarrassing 42-14 loss to New England. Now both are back to full strength, and the Texans believe that makes their defence much stronger this time around. "Right now, I can probably say this is the best Ive felt all year," Joseph said. He was slowed by a hamstring injury that kept him out the two games before the first matchup against the Patriots. "Obviously, back then I was good enough to play but I wasnt at my best," he said. "Right now I can say Im 100 per cent." Joseph, who often shadows the opponents best receiver, knows that he and the rest of the secondary will have their hands full. Not only must they deal with New Englands wide receivers, but also its tight end duo of Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. Gronkowski didnt play in the first game against Houston. "They can place the ball on his back side or throw it up top and those guys both have great hands where they can make the difficult catch in traffic," Joseph said. "For us, it will be a task, but I think that we have the guys here that are up for the challenge. Its just about making plays." Reed, a second-year player, started 12 games in the regular season. Defensive co-ordinator Wade Phillips called him a "physical force." "Hes obviously a good player, but I think just his physicality really helps us as far as our mental toughness overall as a defensive unit," Phillips said. A frustrated Reed had to watch the team struggle against the Patriots and not be able to help out. "Now, its a little bit different," he said. "So Ill be out there and try to make plays of my own." Reed had a sack last week against the Bengals; he now has at least one in each the three post-season games in Texans history. His best playoff performance came last season against the Ravens when he had 2 1/2 sacks. Joseph appreciates Reeds versatility. "He can play the run and the pass, so hes a two-sided guy," Joseph said. "I think he had just experience from last year coming in ... so just having Brooks back and those guys rotating and whatever theyre doing up front, I think it just helps those guys from a health standpoint and just being fresh all the time." Houston is hoping to build on last weeks dominant defensive performance in its 19-13 wild-card win over the Bengals. The Texans limited them to 198 yards, which was the lowest yardage total in the first round of the playoffs, and only 53 before halftime. They also cleaned up their problems on third down, not allowing Cincinnati to convert any of its nine third-down chances. This week the Texans know they must get pressure on Tom Brady and make him uncomfortable in the pocket. Theyll look to defensive star J.J. Watt to lead that charge. Watt led the NFL with a franchise-record 20 1/2 sacks in the regular season. He also had 107 tackles, including 39 for losses, 16 passes defended and forced four fumbles. In Watts rookie season, the Texans lost to the Ravens in the divisional round. "We were happy to make it as far as we did, but this year, new year, new goals," he said. "Biggest goal of them all, Super Bowl, and this is a big step for us, and were really excited about the challenge." Phillips, who began coaching in the NFL in 1976, believes Watt is clearly the best defensive player in the NFL this season. "He had the best season ever," Phillips said. "I mean, nobody has had a season like that. Nobody has made that many tackles, that many sacks, that many pass breakups and that many tackles for loss or tackles for no gain in the history of football. Nobody has had a year like that. Its the best Ive ever seen, sure." [url=http://www.cowboysofficialteamstore.com/autographed-deion-sanders-jersey-mz... Sanders Cowboys Jersey . Wilin Rosario hit a go-ahead, two-run single in the 10th and the Colorado Rockies went on to score a franchise-record eight runs in an extra inning, beating the Tigers 12-4 on Friday night to snap a season-high, eight-game losing streak. . "Rick continues to build championship calibre teams and is one of the best field managers in independent baseball. We are pleased that he will remain with the organization for at least the next three seasons," said Goldeyes owner and president Sam Katz. [url=http://www.cowboysofficialteamstore.com/autographed-phil-costa-jersey-ny-18... . Wednesdays 4-hour, 25-minute marathon matinee ended with rookie Jake Diekman giving up a two-run homer to Matt Kemp in the 12th, giving the Los Angeles Dodgers a 5-3 victory and snapping the Phillies modest four-game winning streak. [url=http://www.cowboysofficialteamstore.com/autographed-larry-allen-jersey-sz-3... Allen Jersey .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2012. And TSNs reporters and analysts who covered the events as they happened offer their personal reflections on the stories. . Jeremy Martinez hit a two-run single in the bottom of the third inning and Christopher Okey added another RBI single to put the Americans ahead for good at 4-1. SAN DIEGO -- R.A. Dickey and the New York Mets felt the pain of a frustrating loss to the San Diego Padres. Dickey dominated for six innings, but then things fell apart in the Mets 3-1 loss on Friday night. Carlos Quentin scored the go-ahead run in the seventh inning when he knocked the ball out of catcher Josh Tholes glove. The Padres added another run in the inning and then shut down the Mets offence the rest of the way. Dickey (14-3) looked as though he would cruise to his 15th win and take over the major-league lead, but the knuckleballer was done in by a few key plays. The Mets had won four of five as they try to return to playoff contention following a bad July. "We have to win games like that to compete at a shot to work our way back into this thing," Dickey said. The Mets fell 11 1-2 games behind first-place Washington in the NL East, and they trail several teams in the race for the two wild card slots. "It stings a bit because we should have won this game," Dickey said. "Thats a game everybody in here thought we should have won." Clayton Richard (8-11) limited New York to one run and eight hits in seven-plus innings. Dickey (14-3) held the Padres to one run and one hit through six innings before San Diego got to him in the seventh, scoring two runs in the inning -- one earned. "I thought he was fine. I thought he pitched a great game," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "We asked him to go a little bit farther than we usually do, but they werent exactly hitting the ball hard." The Padres managed only four hits, all against Dickey, but won for the second time in seven games. Huston Street got the final four outs for his 18th save in 18 chances. Dickey allowed three runs -- two earned -- walked three, and struck out nine in seven innings to take over the major-league lead from Washingtons Stephen Strasburg with 158. New York is 5-4 on its season-high, 11-game West Coast trip. The Padres tied it in the sixth and then went ahead for good in the seventh. Quentin hit a one-out single in the seventh, and Yonder Alonsso followed with a shot into the right-centre field gap. [url=http://www.cowboysofficialteamstore.com/autographed-randy-white-jersey-by-3... White Jersey. Right fielder Scott Hairston slid, while trying to make the catch, but the ball bounced past him. Center fielder Andres Torres picked it up and threw it to second baseman Ronny Cedeno. Cedenos throw to Thole arrived well before Quentin, but the big outfielder lowered his left shoulder and barrelled into Thole, knocking the ball free and giving the Padres a 2-1 lead. John Baker followed with an RBI single to stretch it to a two-run edge. "Its frustrating because the play at the plate was the ballgame," Thole said. "It changed the whole dynamic of the game. I just didnt get my free hand on the ball. I was reaching for it. As I was getting to it, I got hit." David Wright led off the Mets fourth with a walk, went to second on Hairstons single, and advanced to third on a fly out. Cedeno followed with a high bouncer that Logan Forsythe fielded on the run behind second base. Forsythe tried to throw to shortstop Everth Cabrera for a force out on Hairston, but the throw went over Cabreras head, allowing Wright to score. San Diego tied it 1-1 when Cabrera led off the sixth with a walk, was sacrificed to second, stole third and scored on Chris Denorfias sacrifice fly. Dickey is tied with four other pitchers with a major-league best 14 wins. Notes: Dickey lost on the road for the first time since April 18 at Atlanta. The righty is 8-2 in 11 road starts. ... New York activated right-handed closer Frank Francisco (left oblique strain) from the disabled list. The Mets placed LHP Tim Byrdak on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Aug. 2. ... Mets manager Terry Collins said RHP Johan Santana (right ankle sprain) is expected to throw in a minor league rehab start for Single-A Brooklyn on Sunday or Monday. ... Since May 21, the Padres have played 23 games at Petco Park and 42 on the road. ... The Padres designated starting RHP Kip Wells for assignment. ... Mets RHP Jeremy Hafner (1-4, 5.52 ERA) will face Padres RHP Edison Volquez (7-7, 3.51) on Saturday night. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes