Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

any things to the table. The credibility that Larr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

any things to the table. The credibility that Larry h

Started by fengzhu, 2013/08/05 02:17AM
Latest post: 2013/08/05 02:17AM, Views: 396, Posts: 1
any things to the table. The credibility that Larry h
#1   2013/08/05 02:17AM
fengzhu
1. Leads lost, goals called back, hostilities bubbling with a division rival, the Marlies escaped with a 5-4 overtime win in Hamilton on Friday night, Simon Gysbers burying the winner on the first night of an eight-game road trip. "The one thing that we had last year with our team is it was extremely resilient; they werent affected by much, they were all business all the time," said head coach Dallas Eakins. "And I felt a little bit of that coming back tonight." Trading leads with the Bulldogs for the near-balance of 60 minutes, the Marlies believed theyd edged ahead for good with only five seconds left in regulation with Paul Ranger scoring an apparent go-ahead goal. Those winning emotions flipped in a hurry though as the marker was called back and Mark Fraser was sent to the box for hooking. The Marlies proceeded to kill off nearly two minutes of 4-on-3 in overtime, capitalizing on momentum from their efforts with Gysbers ending it on a one-time laser from Dylan Yeo. "Even with that late penalty, one of the guys said Killers, just go kill it off," noted Eakins. "It was nice to feel that [resiliency] again." 2. Ben Scrivens was only average in three starts before Friday (.896 save percentage), replaced by Jussi Rynnas for a pair of starts last weekend. Scrivens got back between the pipes against the Bulldogs, battling a constant parade of Hamilton traffic toward a 35-save performance. "He was battling alright and Ill tell you what, he made some huge saves for us," said Eakins. "Hamiltons game with him, its very obvious; its contact, keep running into him and push the refs to his limit on the calls. Hes getting lots of traffic there which is tough. Its tough enough to stop the puck, its even harder when youve got their guys running into you all night. I dont know if thats on a message board or something that I get rattled when I get run or something, but Ill take it," said Scrivens. "I think Ive drawn at least a half dozen penalties in the games Ive played so far this year." 3. Early action was shaky for the 26-year-old, who allowed a Mike Blunden shot to trickle through the five-hole only 19 seconds after Carter Ashton opened the scoring for the Marlies. What was impressive was Scrivens resolve, especially in the middle frame when the Bulldogs outshot the Marlies 19-7. Hamilton did score twice in that second period, but it was through no fault of the Alberta native. "It was kind of a weird game," said Scrivens. "I didnt feel like I was fighting it, I felt like I was seeing the puck, but its weird to have four goals go in and still feel like you played pretty good." 4. A defensive gem last year, the Marlies have been inconsistent in their own end so far this fall, yielding three goals or more in four of the six games theyve played. Eakins and the coaching staff implemented a new defensive system at the outset of training camp – one aligned with Randy Carlyles at the NHL level – but that adjustment has not been the primary issue according to the head coach. "Thats going to take a little bit of time, but the goals that theyre scoring and the chances that theyre getting, the more I look at them, theyre not because of the new system, its other breakdowns," Eakins explained. "Its not a major concern right now, but I want to get our game back here where were giving one goal a night and thats it. Thats the way we want to play." 5. Reunited with Joe Colborne on a line that also included Leo Komarov, Ashton impressed in his all-around efforts Friday, scoring his first goal of the season and making significant contributions on the penalty kill. The 21-year-old deposited a rebound past Bulldogs goalie Peter Delmas, following a strong drive toward the Hamilton goal from Komarov. "I thought Carter played probably his best game of the season," said Eakins. "He was real involved." Balanced scoring has been an early key for the Marlies with 11 different players finding the scoresheet after six games. Several key offensive performers have yet to find the back of the cage, including Colborne (three assists), Nazem Kadri (three assists), Keith Aucoin (leads the team with six points, all assists), and Greg Scott (20 goals last season). Jake Gardiner managed his third goal of the season in the win, tied for second in team scoring with Mike Kostka. Next Game: Thursday at Abbottsford beats by dre . TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun reports on ESPN.com that the league has proposed to have free agency start on July 10 instead of the traditional July 1 opening day. beats by dre cheap . The 22-year-old defenceman has signed a month-to-month contract with Jokerit and is expected to make his debut with the team on Saturday. [url=http://cambridgediversity.org/beats-by-dre-uk.html]http://cambridgediversit... . Two-time former winner Ana Ivanovic also advanced with a 7-5, 6-3 win over Monica Niculescu of Romania. Coming off her win in Beijing, Azarenka dominated the match from the start as Rus looked overwhelmed. The Dutch player double-faulted eight times and won only two points on her serve in the opening set. SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The San Jose Sharks hired Hall of Fame defenceman and former Stanley Cup winning coach Larry Robinson as associate coach on Monday. The Sharks had been looking to add a former player who could help the penalty kill unit to the staff and Robinson fit the bill with his vast experience on the ice and as a coach. "His resume speaks for itself," said general manager Doug Wilson, who was Robinsons defensive partner on Team Canada in the 1984 Canada Cup. "Theres nobody in this business that I respect more as a player, as a coach, or as a person than Larry. Its an exciting day for our organization." Despite having experience as a head coach with Los Angeles and New Jersey and winning a Stanley Cup with the Devils in 2000, Robinson made clear that he knows his role with the Sharks is to help coach Todd McLellan. "That was the first thing I said when I came into room. I dont want to be a head coach," he said. "Im not here to take Todds job. I want to help in any way I can." Robinson left the Devils so he could be closer to his grandchildren in Southern California. He did not want to take the job until visiting the Bay Area and meeting in person with McLellan. The two hit it off immediately and share a link to Jacques Lemaire. Robinson was a teammate of Lemaires in Montreal, later played for him on the Canadiens and was on his staff in New Jersey. McLellan learned from Lemaire as a minor league coach in the Minnesota Wild system when Lemaire was a coach in the NHL. "We have a lot of common beliefs," McLellan said. "I can see us having some good debates as well. I think that will be healthy for both myself and Larry and for our hockey club." Robinson main role will be to focus on the defence and penalty kill. The Sharks had the second worst penalty kill record last season, a major reason why they struggled to make the playoffs and then were knocked out by St. Louis in the first round of the playoffs. San Jose had made it to the Western Conference finals the previous two seasons but have never made it as far as the Stanley Cup despite a talented core that features Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Logan Couture, Joe Pavelski, Dan Boyle and Brent Burns.dddddddddddd Robinson said he thought the Sharks were one of the most talented teams in the league and he wants to help them take that next step. "As a hockey player, you need somebody you can talk to about different things," Robinson said. "Even if youre the best player in the world, at some point you have be told youre doing something wrong. My job is to make them not just good hockey players, but better hockey players." Robinson won two Norris Trophies as the leagues top defenceman and was the playoff MVP in 1978 during a 17-year career with Montreal and Los Angeles. He won six Stanley Cups as a player and made the playoffs a record 20 consecutive seasons. He was a 10-time all-star and his plus-730 career rating is the best in NHL history. He finished with 207 career goals and 751 assists, ranking ninth all-time for defencemen in points and assists. Robinson was also named the greatest defenceman in Canadiens history at the teams 100th anniversary celebration in 2009. "His experience is obviously something we covet," McLellan said. "As a young coaching staff in San Jose, I think hell bring many things to the table. The credibility that Larry has the minute he walks into the locker room with the very young players obviously but also the veteran players who have played in the league for 10 or 15 years is important." The Sharks also have re-signed forward TJ Galiardi to a one-year, US$950,000 contract that avoids salary arbitration. Galiardi was acquired at the trade deadline from Colorado in a deal for forward Jamie McGinn. Galiardi struggled in his short time with the Sharks, posting one goal and no assists in 14 games. He also had no points in three playoff games. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes