Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

es the team three shortstops, wi - Off Topic Forum...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

es the team three shortstops, wi

Started by fengzhu, 2013/08/05 02:16AM
Latest post: 2013/08/05 02:16AM, Views: 341, Posts: 1
es the team three shortstops, wi
#1   2013/08/05 02:16AM
fengzhu
EVIAN-LES-BAINS, France -- Stacy Lewis of the United States made seven consecutive birdies and tied the Evian Masters record with a 9-under 63 in the opening round on Thursday. Her birdie flurry from holes 5-11, plus two more on 17 and 18, helped Lewis to a two-shot lead over Hee Young Park of South Korea. "I didnt really have anything going the first few holes. I dont know what changed or clicked," Lewis said. "It was just one of those days where you get into this rhythm. I was more happy to finish with the two birdies than even the seven, just to get some momentum going into tomorrow." Lewis, a two-time winner this year, matched three-time champion Helen Alfredssons round of 63, set by the Swede in 2008. "I know Ive made six (birdies) in a row before, but I dont know if Ive made seven ... I almost made eight," Lewis said. "I definitely think this is one of the lowest rounds Ive ever shot." It marked Lewis career-low round. Her previous low was 64, which she shot in the second and fourth rounds of the LPGA Classic in June. Park, who used a belly putter for the first time, made five straight birdies on the front nine. South Koreas Ilhee Lee finished three shots behind Lewis. Colombias Mariajo Uribe and Japans Mika Miyazato are four behind after 67s. American Paula Creamer shot a 68. Defending champion Ai Miyazato, who also won in 2009, had three bogeys on the back and finished with a birdie for a 71. She was joined by Inkster and Cheyenne Woods, Tigers Woods niece, who trailed the leader by eight shots. Michelle Wie, who tied for second place in Evian six years ago, finished at 73. Top-ranked Yani Tseng had a 76, compounded by a wild shot into the rough on the 18th. Park, who failed to make the cut at the U.S. Womens Open three weeks ago, had a bogey on the fourth hole before her run of birdies. She added three more on the back nine. After shooting 6 under in the pro-am tournament on Wednesday, she sensed the belly putter would work for her. "I have been playing 15 years, and I have never used the belly putter before," said Park, who won her only LPGA Tour title at last years season-ending Titleholders. "Then, like 10 days ago, I just changed (to) the belly putter. "My people around me (were) saying Did you know that Ernie Els won (the British Open) last week with the belly putter? Did you see that? Then I got more confidence." Wie struggled with her putting. "I felt like I played a lot better than my score," Wie said. "I hit it good, but it didnt go in, that was a bit frustrating and affected my momentum. Tsengs shot on No. 18 landed deep in the rough at an awkward angle, just above the water. The five-time major winner saved par, but finished with five bogeys and one birdie. Lewis, who finished 46th at the U.S. Womens Open three weeks ago, trained hard for the Evian Masters. "Every year Ive learned the greens here better and better," she said. "I feel really good about my game. I just went back and worked hard these last couple of weeks, just mentally getting in a better place." beats by dre cheap . -- Noel Prefontaine cant see himself going out like this. beats by dre . David Booth, who has yet to take part in training camp, will be lost for a month to six weeks with a groin strain. [url=http://cambridgediversity.org/beats-by-dre-uk.html]http://cambridgediversit... . Zeeman won the 1,850-metre event in seven minutes 24.29 seconds. The Cambridge, Ont., native also won bronze at the world under-23 championships earlier this year.PHOENIX -- Arizona Diamondbacks General Manager Kevin Towers says its "highly unlikely" the team will trade outfielder Justin Upton or shortstop Stephen Drew this season. Towers spoke to reporters before Tuesday nights game against Colorado and explained that it was other clubs asking, not the Diamondbacks offering, that led to all the rumblings about Upton being dealt. "I think what people need to know, specifically in Justins case, is I didnt throw his name out there and say Hey, hes available," Towers said. Towers said has not seen any offer for either player that would make the Diamondbacks a better team, and said Arizona still considers itself a winner contending for a playoff spot. Drew is coming off a severe ankle injury and has a $10 million mutual option for next season. If the Diamondbacks opt out of the deal, Drew gets a $1.35 million buyout. Upton has consistently raised his batting average in recent weeks. Towers spoke after team owner Ken Kendrick was quoted as saying the team wont trade Upton. He said he always listens when teams call. "It was clubs called about him and asked about him based on where our club was at at the time and him struggling a little bit earlier in the year," Towers said. "Thats kind of where all this got started. Its perceived as the organization, by some media outlets, that we just want to get rid of the guy. Thats not the case. Thats never been the case. Hes a great player and a good player and good Diamondback player and somebody that we respect a lot." Towers acknowledged he did call clubs about Upton in 2010 when the team was playing poorly but isnt doing so now.dddddddddddd "There really hasnt been any sort of deal that presented itself that really made us even think about doing anything with Justin," Towers said. "Right at this point in time I would say its highly unlikely, based on the way the teams playing and the way hes been performing the last two or three weeks. We think weve still got a chance to win right now. I havent seen anything out there that makes us a better ball club in 2012 thats better than Justin Upton." Towers said the same for Drew, whose contract situation has created trade speculation Drew broke his right ankle and tore all the ligaments around it in a slide into home against Milwaukee on July 20 of last year. It was a brutal injury, the foot turning although way around and pointing away from his back before Drew instinctively grabbed and twisted it back in the right direction. Rehabilitating was excruciating and he wasnt able to return to the majors until a month ago. His return, along with the activation of John McDonald from the disabled list, gives the team three shortstops, with Willie Bloomquist, batting .307 entering Tuesdays game, getting most of the starts. Bloomquist, though, could see more play at third base with Ryan Roberts designated for assignment, then traded on Tuesday. Some teams see Drew as the odd man out. But so far Towers has said no deal. "People kick tires, they ask about him. I dont blame them," Towers said. But I havent seen anything about trading Stephen Drew that will make us a better ball club." Although, he added, "if we fall out of this thing, maybe its different." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes