Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

picks, with the Montreal Cana - Off Topic Forum. ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

picks, with the Montreal Cana

Started by snake, 2013/08/04 08:54AM
Latest post: 2013/08/04 08:54AM, Views: 416, Posts: 1
picks, with the Montreal Cana
#1   2013/08/04 08:54AM
snake
KENT, Wash. Wholesale MLB Jerseys . -- Japanese teenager Yuzuru Hanyu dominated the short program Friday night at Skate America. The 17-year-old set a world record by earning 95.07 points for his flawless and thrilling routine. He skated last and received the loudest cheers, then broke into a big smile when his score was announced. "Ninety-five is an extremely high score and I really was not expecting it," Hanyu said through a translator. "I want to say I was very surprised. But I want to compete to the final competition. I still have the free to skate. "I want to control my emotions to the very end." Hanyu landed a quad toe loop early in his routine and later completed a triple axel. "I put two difficult jumps in at the end," Hanyu said. "This is my first Grand Prix and I dont want to get too excited." Hanyu had a technical score of 51.71 and 43.36 for the artistic. "I was actually focused on the technical and that it was over 50 I was very surprised," he said. "I was not paying attention to the components (artistic). "But Ive been practicing quite well and hope to carry it over to the free program." Hanyu switched coaches last spring and now works with Canadian Brian Orser, the two-time Olympic silver medallist . Japans Takahiko Kozuka was second at 85.32. He was the silver medallist at the 2011 world championships and finished third last year at Skate America. As with Hanyu, he landed a quad. "Its so important for the short program," Kozuka said. "A clean quad is more than 10 points, where a triple flip is only five points. Its twice the points for an element. That shows how important it really is." American Jeremy Abbott was third at 77.71. The defending U.S. champ fell early. He came away impressed with how Hanyu and Kozuka landed quads. "Well, like they said its double the score of the flip, its extremely important. The talent in the mens field is incredible," Abbott said at the press conference. "Look at the two men next to me they both did quads, and its no longer enough to do the triple. I look at the men in skating right now and the talent is incredible, everyone is pushing the limits." Tatsuki Machida was fourth at 75.78 to give Japan three of the top four spots. The Czech Republics Michal Brezina was fifth at 69.26 after falling twice. In the pairs competition, Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov took the lead, scoring 65.78 points in the short program. The Russians were second in the last two world championships and last years Grand Prix final. Despite the lead, they were disappointed with their performance, which they partly blamed on the 11-hour time difference with Russia. "We have to find out why we skate bad short programs," Trankov said. "It was a very bad skate for us. We never skate like that in practice." Chinas Qing Pang and Jian Tong were second at 61.96 after Jian fell early in the routine. They finished second in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics and won world titles in 2006 and 2010. "The biggest trouble that I have is my knee hurts when I skate," Jian said through a translator. "When I bend my knee when Im skating, it hurts and doesnt have the flexibility. I used to train 5-6 days a week, but now weve reduced it to four days." Americans Caydee Denney and John Coughlin were third at 60.75, followed by Frances Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres at 55.76. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . The Italian football federation says Astori was to join the squad Wednesday. Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has up to 24 hours before the teams opener against Spain on Sunday to replace injured players. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys . Then the Red Sox were saved by the rain. The tarp came on the field at that point with two outs in the sixth inning, the game was called 1 hour, 45 minutes later, and the Red Sox had a 4-1 win on Tuesday night, their fourth in a row. http://elevatedcolor.com/hot.html . Its not his nature. But just as he helped transform the Philadelphia Eagles into consistent winners, the new CEO of the Cleveland Browns has a plan to fix a franchise trapped inside a vortex of failure. Wholesale Jerseys . Poland led 3-0 by halftime. Ludovic Obraniak scored in the 13th minute, then striker Robert Lewandowski and midfielder Jakub Blaszczykowski scored in a two-minute span just before halftime. Marcin Wasilewski made it 4-0 in the 77th. Wholesale Custom Jerseys . Bayern says the winger has a slightly torn muscle. Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes said Robben will miss at least Saturdays Bundesliga match at Nuremberg and Tuesdays Champions League game in Valencia.Feats of strength and endurance were front and centre on Friday as the top prospects for the NHL Draft were put through a series of gruelling fitness tests at the NHL Scouting Combine. Many of the top draft-eligible players from North America and Europe were put through intense physical, medical and psychological testing in final preparation for the NHL Draft. The fitness portion of the combine includes the notoriously tough bike tests - the Wingate Cycle Ergometer and the VO2 Max test. The VO2 test measures a players aerobic capacity, specifically the maximum capacity of an individuals body to transport and use oxygen during incremental exercise. Top prospect Nail Yakupov of the Sarnia Sting seemed unfazed by the physical toll of the bike testing. "I think my favourite was the two bikes, it was easy for me," said Yakupov. "I was practicing before and for me it was easy." Two of the most coveted defencemen in the draft, Mathew Dumba of the Red Deer Rebels and Griffin Reinhart of the Edmonton Oil Kings, found it tough but enjoyed the challenge. "Thats a killer, you come right off the Wingate and guys are throwing up in the back and your legs are just shot and youve got another one to go," said Dumba. "Its pretty hard to bear down and it really challenges you." "I think the bike is the most tiring for sure. Its the longest 30 seconds I think Ill ever experience in my life," added Reinhart. "Then you have to go over and do the VO2 and the last three of four minutes of that it feels like youre doing the Wingate all over again." Other tests the players took part in include the standing long jump, vertical jump, curl-ups, grip strength, bench press, push-ups, and push/pull strength. The prospects were also interviewed by NHL teams during the NHL Combine in an attempt to get a better read on their future. Goaltender Malcolm Subban of the Belleville Bulls was asked if his approach to the combine is any different due to his position. "I dont think it really changes anything," said Subban, whose brother P.K. plays for the Montreal Canadiens. "Regardless of your position, youre just trying to give it your all and be honest in the interviews. Hopefully you impress a few people and everything works out in the draft." While 25 teams interviewed Ottawa 67s defenceman Cody Ceci, the highly-touted blue liner tried to get a read on what teams were thinking about him during the process. Wholesale Jerseys China. "Talking to all the teams and trying to figure out what team has the most interest and where Im going to go is all exciting stuff," said Ceci, who could be drafted in the first half of the first round. One top prospect who did not participate in the physical testing was Mikhail Grigorenko, who has not yet been cleared for training after suffering a case of mononucleosis late in the season. "Im looking at the guys, so its really hard to do it, but Id like to do everything just to show people that I am not weak," said Grigorenko. "If teams want me to train with them, I will do it." Make no mistake, every player wants to be drafted first overall, but Nail Yakupov is more focused on what happens after the NHL Draft, including doing everything he can to make the team. "I want to be drafted by NHL and try to play hard and work with my team and try to win every game and then well see what happens. I want to make the NHL and then well see," said Yakupov. "Its the best league in the world. You have to work harder. I just want to work and do everything I can for the NHL because its my dream." Ryan Murray of the Everett Silvertips, who is a consensus Top 3 pick, admitted he would love to hear his name called first among the numerous top-rated defencemen. "I think everyone wants to be the first one," said Murray. "I think everyone is competitve for that first pick and to be the first [defenceman] to go." The competitive nature of Mathew Dumba came through when he was asked how he stacks up against the talent in this years draft. "I think when you compare all the skills and whatnot, the thing that separates me is my work ethic, my willingness to compete and win every battle," said Dumba, who has been tabbed to go in the Top 10. "I hate to lose and I bring that every day and I want to get better every day so I can get to that next level." The Edmonton Oilers hold the first pick in the draft for the third consecutive year and have already scheduled a follow-up interview with Yakupov in Edmonton on Sunday. Canadian teams actually have three of the top five picks, with the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs drafting No. 3 and No. 5 overall. TSN will have live coverage of the NHL Draft from the CONSOL Energy Centre in Pittsburgh on Friday, June 22 at 7pm et/4pm pt. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes