Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

esumed skating on his own but will need a few prac...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

esumed skating on his own but will need a few practises with his te

Started by a123456, 2013/07/31 06:14AM
Latest post: 2013/07/31 06:14AM, Views: 393, Posts: 1
esumed skating on his own but will need a few practises with his te
#1   2013/07/31 06:14AM
a123456
ST. . PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild have re-signed centre Chad Rau to a two-year deal, and agreed to terms with left wing Stephane Veilleux (VAY-oo) on a one-year deal. The team announced the both two-way contracts on Monday. Veilleux returned to the Wild in a trade deadline deal with New Jersey in February. The hard-nosed veteran played his first six seasons with the Wild and gave the team a boost in energy upon his return to Minnesota. Rau scored two goals in nine games with the Wild last season. The Eden Prairie native had a solid season in the minors with Houston of the AHL, scoring 14 goals with 21 assists in 67 games. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-aaron-rodgers-jersey-xl... Rodgers Signed Jersey . Cochrane, Canadas only swimming medallist four years ago in Beijing with a third-place finish in this event, posted a preliminary time of fourteen minutes, 49.31 seconds to advance as the third seed. . The Stanley Cup champions made the final selection of the first round on Friday night. The 19-year-old Pearson is a late bloomer by NHL draft standards. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-clay-matthews-jersey-sz... . Houston (6-5-5, 23 points) won for the second time in its past four games, while Philadelphia (3-9-2, 11 points) has lost three of the past four and six of its past eight games. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-aaron-rodgers-jersey-xl... Rodgers Womens Jersey . Wiggins won with a total time of 50 minutes, 39.54 seconds. Canadian Ryder Hesjedal crossed in a time of 56:06.18, good for 28th position. At the first split, Wiggins was back of world champion Tony Martin of Germany. . Mike Arnold, counsel for the officials, says Tuesday that claim is "patently false." "The NFLRA has never threatened to strike," Arnold said.MONTREAL -- The Bell Centre fans who chant his name havent turned on him yet, but second-year defenceman P.K. Subban is well aware that he hasnt been at his best in the Montreal Canadiens first four games of the NHL season. A fan favourite for his flashy moves rushing the puck up ice and for his bubbly personality, Subban has been guilty of some glaring defensive gaffes as the Canadiens opened the campaign with a 1-2-1 record. The Toronto native has only one assist and is minus-3 thus far. Then again, the 22-year-old who has played only 83 career NHL contests is also leading the club with 24:55 of ice time per game as the Canadiens deal with injuries to veteran rearguards Andrei Markov, Jaroslav Spacek and Chris Campoli. "I definitely havent played my best, but sometimes things happen and you dont know why," Subban said Monday. "When things arent going your way its tough to stay at it, but youve got to go through it. "There are guys with a lot of experience here to make sure Im on the right page and that I stay positive. The coaching staff is still putting me out there and that shows confidence. I know I can play better." Subbans struggles were underlined in a 6-5 shootout loss to Colorado on Saturday night. Less than a minute after the Avs David Jones tied the game 2-2 midway through the second frame, Subban tried skating the puck through the neutral zone even though he was the last man back. He was stripped of the puck by Paul Stastny, who went in alone to score. "If I make that move and I beat the guy and go in and score, no ones going to say anything," said Subban. "But I turned it over and obviously youre going to get flack for it. "I think its a small case of doing too much. Most of the time I make that move and I dont get stripped, so I cant beat myself up too much about it." And Subban said there is no question of altering his game, which often has the crowd on its feet as he winds his way up the ice to lead an attack. He and the team just want him to make better decisions on where and when to do it. "Im not going to lose confidence in my game," he said. "Im going to keep doing it, but at the right time." Coach Jacques Martin tweaked his defence in practice, pairing Subban with Josh Gorges instead of Hal Gill, who is now with first-year rearguard Rafael Diaz. The third pair has Yannick Weeber with another 25-year-old rookie, Alexei Emelin. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-mason-crosby-jersey-ty-... Crosby Jersey. Gorges said Subban set the bar high with a 14-goal, 38-point rookie season, but he is still going through a "learning curve" in the NHL. "People expect a lot from him because they know what hes capable of," said Gorges. "And he expects a lot of himself. "One thing everyone has to learn, including P.K., is to not to overextend yourself. Theres a time and a place for flash and when theres no open ice, theres not. Were going to get better and hes going to get better. Theres no reason to panic." Subban said he had a chat with Martin about his play and said he maintains a good relationship with the coach. "When Im not playing my best I want to be called out about it," Subban said. "When Im playing well, everyones going Go P.K., Go P.K. "So whether its the guys on the team or the coaching staff, theres no shortage of (accountability) and there shouldnt be. I know I have to play better and they expect more from me." In normal times, Subban may have been benched for his spotty play, but Martin has few alternatives with three defencemen out of the lineup. The Canadiens took only three of eight points in their opening games against what was considered weaker opposition, but there is a tough test Tuesday night at home against Buffalo and perhaps an even stiffer challenge Thursday night in Pittsburgh. Martins main concern has been special teams, which is usually a Canadiens strength. Montreal has allowed four goals on 19 chances by their opponents and scored only twice in 16 power play opportunities. Forward Michael Cammalleri skated for the first time since he suffered a bad skate cut above a knee in Winnipeg last week but isnt ready to play. Martin hopes to have him back by the end of the week. Spacek, who has a suspected rib injury has resumed skating on his own but will need a few practises with his teammates before he can return. Markov has been in Florida for a week, where he was to see his surgeon on Monday for an indication of when he can resume practising. The veteran is coming off his second major knee surgery in two seasons and is reportedly getting close to a return. Campoli is out indefinitely with a knee injury. Montreal Alouettes quarterback Anthony Calvillo, who set the CFL career passing yards record last week, will be honoured before the Buffalo game. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes