Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ht rebounds.Emilie Gomis was Fra - Off Topic Forum...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ht rebounds.Emilie Gomis was Fra

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/25 02:17AM
Latest post: 2013/07/25 02:17AM, Views: 377, Posts: 1
ht rebounds.Emilie Gomis was Fra
#1   2013/07/25 02:17AM
fengzhu
Ancaster, Ont. Cheap Jerseys No Fees . – By his own admission, Mike Weir doesnt have many expectations for this years RBC Canadian Open. Hes coming in off a year of struggles thats seen him miss 10 cuts in 10 starts and fall to 1,438th on the Official World Golf Ranking. Weir is now the 34th-ranked Canadian on that global list; many Canadians would have a hard time naming 33 other Canadian professional golfers. But Weir is still positive, still confident as he approaches the first tee for the 22nd time at the RBC Canadian Open. “The state of my game hasnt been very good at all,” he stated. “Its been poor. But Im a worker. Thats what I do.” It was one year ago this week that Weirs already struggling season was ended when he tore a tendon in his elbow trying to extract a ball from the tangle of hay that doubled as rough at the Shaughnessy G&CC in Vancouver. The surgery that followed sent Weir to the shelf for seven months. He returned at Pebble Beach after working mostly by himself but never seemed to find a groove, only breaking par twice in 21 rounds. Three months ago, he hit reset and hired Grant Waite to coach him, which he said has been paying dividends. “Grant, being a former player, I think thats one good thing. He knows a lot,” said Weir. “Hes a very smart guy and hes able to just relay kind of what I need at the time. And he knows that this is going to be a process.” By process, Weir means time. As in 2013. It will take that much time but at the very least, the lefthander is seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. And for the first time, its not an approaching train. In practice rounds this week, Weir has seen some good shots and some not-so-good shots that have rattled into the trees. As has been the case all year, the driver is the club giving him the most trouble. “Its so up and down right now,” he stated. “Ive played some really nice rounds where I string a bunch of good holes together and then I fall back into some bad habits Ive gotten myself into. “So hopefully I can just string some of the better ones together, because my good ones, Im hitting a lot of great shots. And my bad ones are bad. I gotta keep shaking those ones out.” To be sure, the last year hasnt been easy on Weir. Hes posted some almost embarrassing numbers, been the subject of ridicule on web sites and seen his career flounder. Hes been reduced to looking for sponsor exemptions after losing his status. But through it all, hes stayed positive. Hes peers want nothing more than for Weir to return to form. He is exceptionally well liked on Tour and that was evident yesterday in comments from a couple of other pros who share the same age of 42 with Weir. “I went to the grocery store yesterday and a guy wished me well in the tournament,” said Jim Furyk, who won the tournament the last time it was at Hamilton, “and in the very next sentence he said, ‘But I think this is the event Mike Weir pulls out of it and wins. I said, ‘Ill be honest with you, I hope youre right. I think it would be great. It would be a great story. I wish him well, and I know how hard a worker he is, and I believe hell play better and start playing well again.” “Mike is a grinder,” said Open champion Ernie Els, “and I know hes working hard, and Id love for him to get back to we know how he can play. So hopefully it happens this week.” Weir appreciates the support of not only his fellow players, but the fans, who followed him in a large gaggle during Wednesdays pro-am. “I never get to the point where I think Im not going to do this anymore,” Weir said, “because I love the game and I love working at it and I love the challenge. Im still motivated and positive that Im going to get this figured out.” Eight years ago, Weir came within a couple of inches of winning this tournament. This week, he said hed like to make the cut so he can get in four competitive rounds. Its a long road back, but hes prepared to walk it. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale . Phillips homered and drove in a pair of runs Tuesday night, and Mike Leake pitched seven innings and scored off a dash home on a wild pitch, setting up a 5-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates that moved Cincinnati another step closer to the NL Central title. Cheap Jerseys USA .Y. -- Buffalo Bills safety Jairus Byrd has a swollen right foot, but is not expected to miss any playing time. http://facialhairstyleshq.... . The owners that will take part in the meeting are Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins, Ronald Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Mark Chipman of the Winnipeg Jets, Jeffery Vinik of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Murray Edwards of the Calgary Flames and Larry Tanenbaum of the Toronto Maple Leafs. [url=http://facialhairstyleshq.info/cheapjerseys.html]Cheap Jerseys From China . For the first few innings, Verlander laboured, his pitch count rising while his control deserted him. But the Athletics could manage only that one run, missing their best chance of the night to break through against Detroits hard-throwing ace. Cheap Jerseys . Hamburg is the only club never to have been relegated in 50 years of the Bundesliga, but the former European champion has been struggling in recent years and barely escaped demotion last season.Canadas drought against France continues in womens basketball. Searching for their first win over the French since 1992, Canada lost 64-60 in Group B action at the Basketball Arena on Day 5 at the London 2012 Olympic Games. With 9.5 seconds remaining, Canadian guard Shona Thornburn intentionally missed a free throw, and the rebound was grabbed by teammate Natalie Achonwa, who in turn laid the ball in and was fouled on the play. She subsequently made the free throw cutting the French lead to two, but that was as close as Canada would get. Canadas cause was hampered by their inability to hit anything from long range as they went 0-11 from behind the three-point line. "We are disappointed. France played very well, they were touugh defensively. Cheap Jerseys Sale. But it came to the fact we didnt shoot the ball well enough today," Canadian head coach Allison McNeill said. Thorburn of Hamilton led the way for Canada with 17 points, four rebounds and three assists. Achonwa of Guelph, Ont., also scored 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds.Emilie Gomis was Frances top scorer with 16 points. San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker and the French mens team were in attendance to support their compatriots. "They support us a lot and we support them a lot," France forward Jennifer Digbeu said. "We watch each others matches whenever we can." Canada will need a win against Brazil on Friday or Australia on Sunday to advance. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes